Let’s do this y’all!

Options
Hi everyone! So this is probably my hundredth time trying to lose weight, but I am determined to make this time THE time!

I am 32 (today’s my birthday actually!) and mom of 2 boys - a 6 month old and an almost 6 year old.

They are a big part of the reason I really want to be successful this time because I literally dread when I have to get up and play or go outside because I’m such a lazy bum and it really bothers me. Especially when my youngest becomes mobile and a crazy toddler I want to be able to keep up with them. I also want to finally feel comfortable in my own body which I haven’t all of my adult life....my sex life has been suffering too especially after baby #2 my feelings toward my body image has been pretty bad and I hate the thought of myself naked right now.

My main goal at the moment is to focus on my food and try to be better about logging....I LOATHE logging 😆 but I know I do better with my food choices when I do. My relationship with food really went south too after a 2-3 year battle with myself to do keto since I have PCOS and mild insulin resistance - lower carb is better for my body because of those reasons but it’s super hard for me to stick to. I’m going to try to do a lower carb approach this time but I am allow myself more than 25g of carbs a day because that’s just too restrictive for me and I will end up sabotaging myself.

Once I get a grip on food I will focus a lot more on exercise, but for right now I am looking forward to using the Nintendo Switch Ring Fit Adventure my husband got me for my birthday (should be here Saturday) to help incorporate more activity in my day.

I am going to post a super uncomfortable and very vulnerable picture of myself right now because this is my reality. This body has done a lot for me - it’s been my home for 32 years, it’s been through 2 pregnancies and all natural deliveries. It can withstand a lot and has been resilient to what I’ve put it through in my lifetime. It’s time for me to repay the favor and start treating it right.

If anyone wants to be friends please feel free to add me! Especially if we have similar body types 🙃 I’m 5’5” and currently 239.4lbs, and have loose skin from previous weight losses and from my pregnancies....and a *kitten* fupa 😣

...alright...moment of truth...My starting photo 🥴
n6zb3bg55j58.jpeg

Replies

• turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, and welcome to the rollercoaster ride of weight loss!
  • andimickey
    andimickey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, you can do this. You will never regret getting fit for your kiddos -so much more fun. Next time you take pics -smile!
  • dmlove128
    dmlove128 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello! Let’s be friends 🙂 we can support each other. ✨ I was on this app years ago and I lost weight so I am back on here so I can log what I’m eating. I fell off the wagon and gained weight back. I am also 32 but no kids! Hubby and I have been trying fertility treatment with no success :-( so that had taken a huge toll on my mental health and my body!!! I want to be healthy again 🥲 let’s do this!!! I just finished a 30 min workout.....ugh it was not easy but it’s done thank god lol
  • anna_losingit
    anna_losingit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    andimickey wrote: »
    Good Luck, you can do this. You will never regret getting fit for your kiddos -so much more fun. Next time you take pics -smile!

I didn’t mean to be so serious! I was trying to document how my double chin is because that’s one of things I would like to see go first! I’ll make sure to smile next time tho 🙃
  • anna_losingit
    anna_losingit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    dmlove128 wrote: »
    Hello! Let’s be friends 🙂 we can support each other. ✨ I was on this app years ago and I lost weight so I am back on here so I can log what I’m eating. I fell off the wagon and gained weight back. I am also 32 but no kids! Hubby and I have been trying fertility treatment with no success :-( so that had taken a huge toll on my mental health and my body!!! I want to be healthy again 🥲 let’s do this!!! I just finished a 30 min workout.....ugh it was not easy but it’s done thank god lol
    Yes!! I accepted your request! We can do this! I tried for my first for 2 years before I found out I had pcos and was put on Metformin for the insulin resistance. It helped me drop about 15lbs in the first month along with doing low carb and I legit got pregnant the next month 😱 I hope you find the thing that works for you! Infertility is so so hard