13»

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    My husband got impatient and we ordered the NoricTrack. It should be here before my anticipated order date for the C2.

Didn't even know that NordicTrack was producing a rower. They look too complex, too tech dependent and too Peletonish to me. The value of the C2 is in it's simplicity.

But, I truly hope the NordicTrack works for you.

When were trying to decide I referred to it as the Peleton and the C2 as “the one that I want”. I will definitely use the connected part of it. I was planning on using Asensei with the C2. I just didn’t see the need for the extra cost. But I am anxious to get started too since we still aren’t comfortable going into a gym and I am at the point where I need to really focus on the fitness to continue to lose more weight and tone up.

Truly any rower can work. Some are just better. I'm sure you'll like the IFit part of NordicTrack.

It still wouldn't hurt to not rely on their instructors (who believe it or not, might not even be using good form themselves -- I've seen it too many times to count -- even CrossFit instructors "demonstrating" how to use a rower with awful form).

You can still check out Dark Horse Rowing and also Cassie Niemann (both on YouTube) for form checks. And once you think you have it, you don't. I'm still working on my form constantly after six years of indoor rowing.

It's as dangerous as deadlifting with bad form. Work, work, work on proper form and enjoy it!
  • garfinkel5
    garfinkel5 Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Came to this thread because ... rower :). This might be a good time of year to find a used C2. I found mine in a neighborhood Facebook group. A neighbor had one collecting dust in the basement. It had 49K original meters when I got it last year! I put 228k on it in February. Good luck!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    My husband got impatient and we ordered the NoricTrack. It should be here before my anticipated order date for the C2.

Didn't even know that NordicTrack was producing a rower. They look too complex, too tech dependent and too Peletonish to me. The value of the C2 is in it's simplicity.

When were trying to decide I referred to it as the Peleton and the C2 as “the one that I want”. I will definitely use the connected part of it. I was planning on using Asensei with the C2. I just didn’t see the need for the extra cost. But I am anxious to get started too since we still aren’t comfortable going into a gym and I am at the point where I need to really focus on the fitness to continue to lose more weight and tone up.

Truly any rower can work. Some are just better. I'm sure you'll like the IFit part of NordicTrack.

It still wouldn't hurt to not rely on their instructors (who believe it or not, might not even be using good form themselves -- I've seen it too many times to count -- even CrossFit instructors "demonstrating" how to use a rower with awful form).

You can still check out Dark Horse Rowing and also Cassie Niemann (both on YouTube) for form checks. And once you think you have it, you don't. I'm still working on my form constantly after six years of indoor rowing.

It's as dangerous as deadlifting with bad form. Work, work, work on proper form and enjoy it!

I have already checked out Dark Horse and planned to follow his videos
  • AmunahSki
    AmunahSki Posts: 95 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

I have already checked out Dark Horse and planned to follow his videos

I love the Dark Horse series. I like to concentrate on form - I’ve got short legs, I’m lazy, and I’m never going to be beating any records (apart from my own) - but my NSV is that I’m dipping into the ‘intermediate’ videos now and really enjoying them.