Outwit the Chubby~ ☆SKINNYS☆~Sept Tribal Challenge (clos

Options

Replies

• mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Apparently I just did the challenges in the wrong order. Day 1 is monday, Day 2 Tuesday and so on.

Apparently when the new excercises came out last thursday, i skipped forward to the new challenge excercises, and didn't do the end of last week. So i'm now doing last week this week to correct the imbalance.

I don't know why that happened, i'm not loosing my mind I promise! I'll get it together!!! Labor day REALLY DID throw me off!

You just wanted to push ahead! What a warrior! What a bush(wo)man! :bigsmile:
  • mommaski4
    Options
    I am here. I am dedicated to the team. I do not want to let any of you down. I do not want to let ME down.

Feel free to message me later to make sure I am keeping up!

Oh, and the kicker is, I was up 5.2 lbs yesterday, of which I know most is water retention from drinking alcohol. But today, I figured I would be even or down a bit...nope, up another .4. Put me back at a number I have not seen in months! I sure do hope this is all off by my Friday weigh in...and then some.

Don't worry about it, Karin... we are not worried about you letting us down.Don't feel like you have to add more pressure to yourself because of this challenge--it's just supposed to be a fun way to get in some extra exercise, not a matter of life and death. If you need somebody else on the team to pick up some extra exercises for you so we can still get the points, but you can get a few minutes to yourself to sit down and relax, let us know... I'm sure anybody would be willing to pitch in.

And about the weekend lbs you gained... it happens. You'll lose them again soon and then some, so no need to be too upset. I still think you've come a long way and are doing a great job.

Great advice! Karin I hope you take it to heart, because it's all true! This is a life change that doesn't happen overnight, and doesn't happen when we want it to! we still have to deal with work, and kids, and LIFE!

The bearwalks are horrible, they hurt my hands too, i've been doing them down the hall.

GO SKINNY"S!

~Your Captain.

Thank you all for your encouragement! It really makes it wonderful to be part of such a great team! My husband got rained out this evening so we met after dance class for dinner at the local coal fired pizza place. It was nice to just sit for a while.

Okay, off to find a tabata workout and find a place to bearwalk. I have ceramic tile floors so this should be fun. (NOT!)
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I never have it easy!! While jogging the dog last night I stepped on the edge of the sidewalk and strained my ankle. It's tender still today, so I skipped jogging today and also modified my workouts to just arms and sit-up types. No jumping for me. Hopefully tomorrow it will feel a little better and I can get on with it.

GO SKiNNYs!
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I never have it easy!! While jogging the dog last night I stepped on the edge of the sidewalk and strained my ankle. It's tender still today, so I skipped jogging today and also modified my workouts to just arms and sit-up types. No jumping for me. Hopefully tomorrow it will feel a little better and I can get on with it.

GO SKiNNYs!

Ugh... so frustrating! Glad you're taking it easy on the ankle and not trying to force it. Hope you are feeling better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • u2fergus
    Options
    Ok... I am FINALLY caught up on the challenges. I got a bit behind this week and had to do three days' worth of challenges today, and I gotta be honest... about halfway through it, I was so sick of it I wanted to quit the challenge and just go to bed. However, I pressed through and finished them all and now I don't want to quit the challenge, per se... I just want to throw eggs and rotten tomatoes at its head. :grumble: Believe it or not, this is an improvement. (And don't panic, captain... I'm not quitting the challenge. I just get a bit melodramatic when I'm tired.)

Anyhoo, part of the reason I was so tired... I was really excited about starting the C25K program earlier tonight. I did the first day's run and I did a pretty good job at it, too, if I do say so myself. My form was good. My pace was good. My breathing was good... all the stars were in alignment. But then once I got home, I started noticing my knees hurt like CRAZY. I had to modify several of the challenges because of it--I couldn't even do girls' pushups! So... bummer. I am so disappointed about this... I want to run SO much. I love to run. I think I could be a really good runner in time. But evidently I'm still just too heavy for my knees to handle it. Heofon gave me a stern talking to and made me promise that I will not try running again at least till I get below 200 lbs. I guess that is the end of C25K in 2011 for me. Hopefully I can get to Onederland by early 2012 and try it again. Man... SO BUMMED!!!!! :cry:
  • tagrady
    tagrady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Ok... I am FINALLY caught up on the challenges. I got a bit behind this week and had to do three days' worth of challenges today, and I gotta be honest... about halfway through it, I was so sick of it I wanted to quit the challenge and just go to bed. However, I pressed through and finished them all and now I don't want to quit the challenge, per se... I just want to throw eggs and rotten tomatoes at its head. :grumble: Believe it or not, this is an improvement. (And don't panic, captain... I'm not quitting the challenge. I just get a bit melodramatic when I'm tired.)

Anyhoo, part of the reason I was so tired... I was really excited about starting the C25K program earlier tonight. I did the first day's run and I did a pretty good job at it, too, if I do say so myself. My form was good. My pace was good. My breathing was good... all the stars were in alignment. But then once I got home, I started noticing my knees hurt like CRAZY. I had to modify several of the challenges because of it--I couldn't even do girls' pushups! So... bummer. I am so disappointed about this... I want to run SO much. I love to run. I think I could be a really good runner in time. But evidently I'm still just too heavy for my knees to handle it. Heofon gave me a stern talking to and made me promise that I will not try running again at least till I get below 200 lbs. I guess that is the end of C25K in 2011 for me. Hopefully I can get to Onederland by early 2012 and try it again. Man... SO BUMMED!!!!! :cry:

VERY glad to hear your not quitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (mini heart attack over:sad: !)

Sorry your run didn't go so well! give it a few more lbs, and try try again!!!

I have (1) more day of challenges to do and i'll be all done!
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have been incredibly busy in the real world but happy to report that after this evening when i go home, I *will* be caught up on everything challenge wise lol...

the first week of September is crazy for most people - including yours truly - as my schedule has totally changed with the kids in school, their work schedules changed, workload increases, i started pool league and omgosh...sleep...I need to do that once in a while too....

You will be seeing more of me once I make it through tomorrow :D

Go Team Skinny!!
  • u2fergus
    Options
    Challenges for today done!!! Nice to only be doing one day's worth at a time again. :bigsmile:
  • kiltbunny
    Options
    I'm proud of my hobbly self for getting the 5k in today!
  • u2fergus
    Options
    I'm proud of my hobbly self for getting the 5k in today!

You're unstoppable! :) (Just be sure not to hurt yourself more by pushing too hard... we skinnies tend to be a bit intense, I think...)
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    we skinnies tend to be a bit intense, I think...)

Me thinks you are correct....
  • u2fergus
    Options
    Ok, fellow Skinnies... I don't know about the rest of you, but I am going to have to do Pygmy workouts for a little while. I tore some cartilage in my shoulder from all the arm exercises and I can't do that many reps for a while. I think we should still be ok on points, because I'm still going to give that my all, but I just didn't want to be taking Bushmen credit if I'm only doing Pygmy work. I think it's better to back off a little and do what I can than to give up entirely, right?
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    Ok, fellow Skinnies... I don't know about the rest of you, but I am going to have to do Pygmy workouts for a little while. I tore some cartilage in my shoulder from all the arm exercises and I can't do that many reps for a while. I think we should still be ok on points, because I'm still going to give that my all, but I just didn't want to be taking Bushmen credit if I'm only doing Pygmy work. I think it's better to back off a little and do what I can than to give up entirely, right?

Sorry, I hope you recover soon.... What was that you were saying about Skinnys being intense???
    It is definitely better to back off than quit!!!!!

And don't forget about the pool. You can do exercises in to pool too to ease the load on your joints while you heal.
    Take care Pygmy we'll look forward to you joining the Bushmen again soon. ;)
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I swear, it's non-stop doing something for me! It's Sunday and I've got laundry and a ton of homework. But it's my rest day :)
    Went out last night with one of my good friends and her parents to Texas Road House. Yummy. Got to love that place sometimes! Well worth waiting to eat eat for that! :)

How is everyone doing?!
  • kiltbunny
    Options
    Happy Sunday all! Hope everyone is having a nice one. Just weighed myself and I'm happy enough with it. :)
  • u2fergus
    Options
    Hey Skinnies! I finished all the challenges for the week and got in an extra five 5k's for the week. I know a lot of you were doing extras, too, so hopefully we can pull a pretty impressive ranking this week! Go Skinny!
  • heofon
    heofon Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I got confused about the challenge week we were doing and didn't get any 5k's in. I was looking forward to it, but that's how it goes sometimes, I guess. Now I'm up to speed and ready to bring it!
  • mommaski4
    Options
    Confession time: I fell off the wagon last week! I am so sorry team! I only got 4 of my challenges days made up. Tried to do them all on Fri and Sat but they were LONG challenges. And those darn bearwalks killed me. I had to post a gain last Friday of 5lbs bur was back down to 3lbs by Sun morning. I am so frustrated by my body's inability to let this weight go. I upped my calories a few weeks ago to see if giving myself more to eat would help. And it did that first week, but has not since then. But, I guess I have to take a good amount of the blame because I have been felling sorry for myself this past weekend and saying I just don't care. Did not log calories at all. I know I was over, but probably maintenance calories.

I did get in three 5ks last week. I usually walk/jog 2 miles 4 mornings a week. But I pushed that to 3.25 miles just for the challenge. I was actually supposed to run a 5k race Saturday but backed out because of the craziness of the past two weeks and the absolute NEED to sleep in, and not be there at 6:30AM. Plus work on more challenges. It was a good call because I was actually running a low grade fever Saturday afternoon and evening.

I am feeling a bit more rested after this weekend. I am not feeling quite as burned out as I was last week. I plan to jump right back in and not let my teammates down this week. I want those 3 lbs back off and then a few of their friends too. Do I think that is realistic? Not with my body, but I am sure going to TRY.
  • mommaski4
    Options
    Am I missing the post? What are the challenges for this week? I feel so lost being off the last few days!
  • u2fergus
    Options
    Am I missing the post? What are the challenges for this week? I feel so lost being off the last few days!

http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/

This is where Gary posts all the challenges now and I think he's encouraging everyone to look there, because it got way too confusing during the switch from Sept to Oct. We're on week 3.