My husband is NOT HAPPY with me...

Options
My husband is not happy with me in the morning!! My elliptical is in our bedroom....I like to work out in the morning before work.....he likes to sleep in during the weekdays....i only work the weekdays....need I say more :/

Replies

• wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Move it!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    If you can't move it out of the bedroom try getting a white sound machine - they're usually around $45 on Amazon and if you place it between the elliptical machine and your sleeping husband it should help quite a bit! I've had great success at using the elliptical machine in the dark :flowerforyou:
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Can't you move the elliptical to another room?
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Is there absolutely NO OTHER place you could put it....I'm not gonna lie...in a shared space that IS kinda rude...
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yes, we had to move our treadmill. Sleep is sacred.

Or maybe he could try ear plugs. They make some decent ones now.
  • fowlmeli1093
    Options
    Cramped apartment :( No other space available
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    If you can't move it out of the bedroom try getting a white sound machine - they're usually around $45 on Amazon and if you place it between the elliptical machine and your sleeping husband it should help quite a bit! I've had great success at using the elliptical machine in the dark :flowerforyou:

You don't even need to by a machine if you have a smart phone that does Apps. I have a white sound machine on my iPhone that I listen to every night as I go to sleep; $1.99 well spent!
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Whatever, ellipticals are quiet....waking up early won't kill him ;)
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Simple solution. Move the elliptical.
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    find another time to workout on eliptical trainer

but in the meantime you could do some floor exercises before work
  • aoede
    aoede Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Why don't you work out in the evening instead? Bedrooms are for sleeping, after all.
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    It seems to me he would be reaping the benefits of it and would learn to live with it!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    maybe you could strike a happy medium with your husband. use the elliptical 2x/week in the morning....on the other days, go out for a walk/jog around your neighborhood.
  • fowlmeli1093
    Options
    I've never heard of white noise machines...how do they work....as for working out in the morning....I can wait until the afternoon to work out...its just nice to kickstart the morning..
  • txmike64
    txmike64 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Maybe he needs to be a little bit more supportive. I can sleep when I'm dead.
  • Nikkiham520
    Nikkiham520 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    How about a workout video in the living room....or head out the door for a run. Morning runs are awesome. I don't think I could get motivated with my hubby still in bed. Lol!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Did you know it's actually bad for your sleep and chi/energy/chakra balance (if you believe in that sort of thing) to have stuff like ellipticals and televisions in the bedroom? There should only be two things a bedroom is for, and neither of them involve exercise machines.
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I do it in the basement but it has a squeak on the machine and he hears it upstairs. Apparently he just rolls over and goes back to sleep. I could see it being annoying in the bedroom, however it's great you are working so hard!!
  • hannahmayr30
    hannahmayr30 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Whatever, ellipticals are quiet....waking up early won't kill him ;)

This!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I'd be really upset too. Listen if your up, and looking for a workout. maybe a morning handy or B would make all the difference in the world.
    Tell your husband, your welcome. :smokin:

I agree with this!