Something crunchy

Options
Hello everyone! I've been on here since May 2020 and I have lost over 40 lbs. Right now I am in dire need of inspiration and motivation in order that I do not fall backwards. I still need to lose 10 - 20 lbs. Can anyone suggest something crunchy, tasty and nutritious for me to snack on other than pretzels or crackers?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Off the top of my head: Carrots, bell pepper slices, pickles, cucumber, toasted seaweed, and apple slices. Some of these, of course, are more nutrient dense than others.
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Pistachios aren't super crunchy but they hit the spot for me anyway, and it takes time to crack them open so that helps too. They are not super high calorie like peanuts or almonds.
  • elmusho1989
    elmusho1989 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Granola, can be sort of calorific But I get the extra protein one.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Air fried carrots. As fries or those ripple cuts you can get in a bag. Almost no calories and crunchy. For a bonus pop toss them with ranch *seasoning* powder.

And you said besides crackers but that .5 tsp of ranch seasoning tossed with oyster crackers for an extra 5 calories? Totally delicious.
  • am00r
    am00r Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Air fried carrots. As fries or those ripple cuts you can get in a bag. Almost no calories and crunchy. For a bonus pop toss them with ranch *seasoning* powder.

And you said besides crackers but that .5 tsp of ranch seasoning tossed on oyster crackers for an extra 5 calories? Totally delicious.

Seems delicious, gotta try it
  • wunderkindking
    Options
    am00r wrote: »

And you said besides crackers but that .5 tsp of ranch seasoning tossed on oyster crackers for an extra 5 calories? Totally delicious.

That giant shake of ranch seasoning is something I will be buried with. It makes a lot of boring, low calorie, carriers GOOD.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Raw vegetables with homemade guacamole or hummus. I'm especially into raw cauliflower right now, and I keep it cut up in my fridge.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    Lol, raw cauliflower with light dip works for me on these occasions.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Kale chips
    Rice cakes
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Celery with low fat laughing cow cheese
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I heard radishes in the air fryer are good...
    I like carrots, celery, cucumber...
    No sugar added bread and butter pickles with red pepper flakes😋
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Celery and apple slices with raisins or crasins. Pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds in shells.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    popcorn, raw veg, apples
  • beautyonthebeach83
    beautyonthebeach83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

That giant shake of ranch seasoning is something I will be buried with. It makes a lot of boring, low calorie, carriers GOOD.

That is really smart. Which Ranch seasoning do you use?
  • wunderkindking
    Options

That is really smart. Which Ranch seasoning do you use?

https://www.kroger.com/p/hidden-valley-gluten-free-original-ranch-seasoning-and-salad-mix/0007110030974?&cid=shp_adw_shopg_.kroger_g_pla_shop_acq_evgn_ship_pantry&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3duCBhCAARIsAJeFyPVtCxN7rFTbyDVxj1CwN064BRjsNcwFpomO0Tt-VgpJhlAfAq_xNecaAnWHEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
  • wunderkindking
    Options
    Well that didn't work. Hidden valley.
  • natgurl95
    natgurl95 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'll make kale chips in the oven anytime I've just got the snackies. Sunflower seeds in the shell are also good, takes a long time to eat, feels like you are eating more than you are, the only issue is the high sodium if thats a worry for you.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots
    Sugar snap peas (I buy the huge bag and portion them out into snack size baggies so they don't lose their crunch)
    Dare Veggie Crisps (not super low calorie but better than potato chips)