Sugar free koolaid vs. Crystal light

Options
So, are sugar free koolaid and crystal light basically the same thing? Since diet soda, crystal light, and sugar free koolaid all have unnatural sweeteners, how is one better than the others?

Replies

• rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have not done a lot of research, but there is a natural, plant-based low calorie sweetener called stevia, try searching for products that are sweetened with this as opposed to sugar alcohols or sugar substitutes
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Skip them both. The chemicals aren't worth it. Drink water flavored with fresh fruit. Cut up strawberries and lemons and put them in a pitcher of ice water in your refrigerator.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Yes EXCEPT the new Crystal light Pure is sweetened with Truvia (from Stevia) not the chemical artifical sweetners.
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light now makes one using sugar and truvia. It is call Crystal Light PURE. I don't drink that kind of stuff but I did buy the grape flavor and it is actually pretty good!
  • rae125
    Options
    Yes EXCEPT the new Crystal light Pure is sweetened with Truvia (from Stevia) not the chemical artifical sweetners.

Second!
  • reallivefitness
    Options
    Yeah, I try to avoid unnatural sweeteners as much as possible. I like to throw a slice of lime and lemon in a glass of ice water and it's just enough flavor to be different from plain water, without all the gross chemicals.
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have not done a lot of research, but there is a natural, plant-based low calorie sweetener called stevia, try searching for products that are sweetened with this as opposed to sugar alcohols or sugar substitutes

We have a local farm with yogurt made from stevia... I am "off the dairy" now, but I have had it in the past and it was good.
  • Mrsjenningsjr
    Mrsjenningsjr Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @mbcarren08 ~ I like that suggestion...
  • Stormy65
    Stormy65 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I drink lemon juice and a little Stevia in a glass. I put it in a 52 oz glass of water and its pretty good! Plus the lemon juice slows down the digestive system and it keeps you fuller longer!!!! So thats why I do the lemon juice or real lemons.