What keeps YOU on track?

Options
I know that we all joined the site and felt that motivation to help ourselves in the beginning. As wonderful as it is it can't last 100% of the time, right?

I am sitting here, eating my plain tuna salad (NOT MY FAVOURITE but the cals and fat are loooowww) and trying to not run for a chunky kit kat instead by picturing myself slim with toned arms and legs wearing a pretty summer dress instead of sweating in black trousers and baggy tops.... so on your bad moment/day what is it you make yourself think about or picture to stop you falling off the wagon?

Replies

• skye_logan
    skye_logan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My goal jeans hanging on the back of my door
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I've taken progress pictures since I started my journey and I look at those often to remind me of what I DO NOT want to go back to. I constantly remind myself of this past Summer how great it felt not being the fat mom watching their son playing baseball, and how I do not want to be that fat mom watching your son play football this season.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I lost 60lbs prior to getting pregnant. I know what I looked like before, but most importantly I know how I felt. THAT is what I have to remember when I start falling off the wagon. I did it once, I can do it again! I want to feel like I used to.
  • jaramae
    jaramae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have a few dresses in my closet that I have never worn because I was just so self conscious of my rolls. I dream of wearing them and going out with friends looking just as fabulous as everyone else.

But I also have this dream dress in mind that needs a killer toned body to pull off. I've wanted to wear it for years and years and its what I think of when my motivation gets low. As soon as I reach my goal, I'm gonna buy it and rock it every chance I get :)
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    every time i drop another pound, i am motivated.
  • mialsya
    mialsya Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    When I am feeling lazy or wanting something I know I shouldn't eat, I will watch episodes of Biggest Loser or Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition. Seeing how pumped and motivated they are and how they are going from twice my size to their goal weights is inspiring to me. I usually finish one episode and then go workout before watching another episode. Love it. :D Those people can be really inspiring.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Personally it's my health...

I was diagnosed with hypertension at age 21 and that's just NOT okay with me... I was also at risk of having my heart fail and having high cholesterol... both of those are NOT okay with me. After toying with the idea of dying young I decided to live my life how I wanted. I had lost weight for my wedding before and I loved it because I had an end date, a time to stop and reassess. Any of the other times I tried I always failed to lose the weight because I claimed I didn't have an end date. So I stopped making that LAME excuse, came up with an end date, joined a gym and now any time I have a bad day I think "Do you wanna die before seeing your grandkids? How about your great grandkids?" and that, as unusual as it is, pushes me through my bad moments/days
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    On this topic, I'd like to quote one of my favourite dialogues found in the movie "Ratatouille" between Chef Luigi and the food critic Anton Ego:

Linguini: And you're thin for someone who likes food. *crowd gasps*
    Anton Ego: I don't LIKE food. I LOVE it. If I don't love it, I don't SWALLOW.

Rather than encouraging snobbery, it made me realize that I should only eat the foods that I actually like (no fries on the side, bread on my hamburger, or other tasteless calories) and respect/appreciate the cuisine a la Chik-Fil-A by only eating a small portion. I focus on the food while I eat it instead of eating 'oh by the way' while doing something else.
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    When I start feeling like that, I try to think of a low-fat/calorie option that would taste just as good, satisfy my craving, but still provide the results I need. If I'm craving the kit kat bar, I might opt for a sugar free chocolate pudding (60 calories vs. 250+)

If I'm tired of the "blah" and "bland" foods, I start using natural herbs and spices to liven it up! It can make a bowl of brown rice MUCH more appealing!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I just keep thinking about
    1. The creepy guy from Silence of the Lambs who collected the skin of girls who were my size (14) and turned them into a skin suit so he could be a woman.
    2. I have to get in shape in case Supernatural is more than a TV show and I have to keep up with the Winchester brothers
    3. The Doctor runs, a lot, when he comes to the states I want to be a companion and I will have to be able to run....(assume of course David Tennant would once again be the Doctor and that Dr. Who is real and not TV....)

and I do have one reason that isn't totally superficial

4. My best friend is getting married in March, I don't want to be the fat girl in the pictures.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I just keep thinking about
    1. The creepy guy from Silence of the Lambs who collected the skin of girls who were my size (14) and turned them into a skin suit so he could be a woman.
    2. I have to get in shape in case Supernatural is more than a TV show and I have to keep up with the Winchester brothers
    3. The Doctor runs, a lot, when he comes to the states I want to be a companion and I will have to be able to run....(assume of course David Tennant would once again be the Doctor and that Dr. Who is real and not TV....)

and I do have one reason that isn't totally superficial

4. My best friend is getting married in March, I don't want to be the fat girl in the pictures.

Haha. The Doctor is one of my motivations too! :)
  • KimmehL
    KimmehL Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    My hubby is working hard to get into shape and lose some weight too. We are planning a long hiking trip in Ireland next year, and I so want to be in good shape for that.

Silliest motivation: my husband's ex is in phenomenal shape -- I always get insecure thinking about people comparing us. (silly, but it motivates me)

Lastly, I am just sick of looking this way and feeling this way.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I keep thinking about the time I lost weight before, then gained it back. And how awful I felt, how disappointed in myself I was. I do NOT want to go through that again. So even though plateaus are mega annoying, I remind myself that at least I'm not gaining the weight back.

Or I just look at my gorgeous wedding ring. Which fits again. That always makes me smile. :-D
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I just think about seeing a size 10 label in my jeans and that keeps me on track! My 14s are feeling lose so im getting there, just another 5inches maybe to go :D
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    This was an awesome topic to read this morning! I am having a bad day! Gained 1.6 pounds this week and just feel like running to the candy bowl. (Does it count as running if your end goal is the candy bowl???)
    Things that should be focusing on instead of the candy bowl:

1) Our trip to Boston next year. I'm not going to spend THAT much money on a vacation where I constantly get winded from walking and hate the way I look in pics.

2) Christmas is coming and my sister in law (love her dearly, but I want to shank her with a cheeseburger) will look fab and I hate standing next to her in pics. My turn to look fab again!!

3) The shopping trip the hubbs promised when I git my goal weight. (hello new outlet mall!!!0

and probably the most important!!!

4) I have been trying to do this for 4 years and when I succeed I will know that I SUCCEEDED!! I did it! I will know all the struggles and hearache and I will know that I overcame it!

Ok Let's go and attack this Monday!!!!
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I keep telling myself nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

You should go get some Nutella, that sh1t is amaze-balls.

I get why this would help, but this is the ultimate Pro-Ana slogan, I'd suggest "Nothing feels as good as health does."
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    You should go get some Nutella, that sh1t is amaze-balls.
    We think alike...the first thing I thought of was "b*tch please, have you tasted nutella?!"
  • Girlgerm
    Girlgerm Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I hate that quote. I see it on all the unhealthy thinspo tumblr pages. Not a healthy thought.