Correct kcals

lilyleah82
lilyleah82 Posts: 14 Member
edited March 2021 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi, I'm currently eating 1800 kcals, I was told this weekend by couple people should drop to 1400 to loose is this right. I'm currently 15.2 and 5'9' I exercise 5 times a week but only little workouts like tabata or hiit. Thanks in advance 😊

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    It's only been a few days since your previous topic asking for advice. Just be patient! It's too soon to change tactics. And 1400 calories is low for someone your weight, I would not recommend it.
  • lilyleah82
    Yes but I didn't ask should I lower my kcals and like I said I had few people at weekend say I should do these many kcals. So was just asking etc 😊
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    lilyleah82 wrote: »
    Yes but I didn't ask should I lower my kcals and like I said I had few people at weekend say I should do these many kcals. So was just asking etc 😊

Presumably you have a reason for picking 1,800 as your goal. Don't listen to random weekend people.
  • lilyleah82
    lilyleah82 wrote: »

Presumably you have a reason for picking 1,800 as your goal. Don't listen to random weekend people.

I went in between these two numbers as attached.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    1800 would be my choice...if you're going to listen to random internet people instead of random real-life people.

This is YOUR experiment to run.

I agree with every word sigomial posted.
  • lilyleah82
    OK thank you for your replys! I will do another 4weeks at 1800 and see what happens. Thanks ☺️👍🏾
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    edited March 2021
    You remind me of myself when I was trying to figure everything out: a little panicked, a little excited, a little unsure what to believe. I’ll tell you something that will alleviate so many of your concerns- data. Stick to something and completely commit to it for 3 months, then decide where you need to make adjustments. That consistent calorie tracking and weight trend will be the most honest representation of what works and what needs to be altered. I can’t make you do it, but if you trust me and use a food scale to be sure you are tracking accurately, you will save yourself more headaches than you could ever imagine.
  • lilyleah82
    Ddsb11 wrote: »
    You remind me of myself when I was trying to figure everything out: a little panicked, a little excited, a little unsure what to believe. I’ll tell you something that will alleviate so many of your concerns- data. Stick to something and completely commit to it for 3 months, then decide where you need to make adjustments. That consistent calorie tracking and weight trend will be the most honest representation of what works and what needs to be altered. I can’t make you do it, but if you trust me and use a food scale to be sure you are tracking accurately, you will save yourself more headaches than you could ever imagine.

😊Thank you. I do weigh everything but I'm a yo-yo dieter which I need to get out of and realise this isn't a diet its a lifestyle. I need to stick to what I'm doin I just panic when I don't see results and if I'm not living off 1200 kcals or just drinking fluid I feel like it's wrong and guilty I'm eating to much. 😬 But I've been consistent for a month. Time will tell hey. Thanks for your reply and advice appreciated💪🏾