Looking for post-menopausal women who eat real food...

Options
Hello! Back after going solo for awhile. Have lost 60, but struggling with the last pesky 15. Would love to connect, especially with post-menopausal women, as I think we have unique challenges. I like to cook and eat real food, mostly pescatarian.

Replies

• ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I probably eat real food. I guess you mean not shakes?
  • sdailly13
    sdailly13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Do we have different challenge's?. Surely it,s about eating healthy and staying active.
  • ashleymcn01
    ashleymcn01 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just started my hormone therapy this week. Have let a few lbs. creep up on me. My biggest challenge at the moment is that all of my normal recipes just don't sound appetizing anymore. Trying to wrap my head around the hormonal changes, but I know it's because or menopause. I love to eat, just nothing sounds good anymore!
  • clairedrose
    clairedrose Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My year has not been as difficult as it was for others. The hardest was the difficulty seeing friends safely. It was easier when the weather was good and we could meet outside masked. We had a spike here around the time it got colder. Since I have health issues, we locked down at home with grocery deliveries. My husband beat boredom by baking and cooking. Oh dear! My gym had closed and I wouldn't have gone anyway. I decided to call a former trainer and ask if he would train me on Zoom. He had left training a couple years ago for another job but now was laid off so he was happy. I forgot how just good he was! 3 sessions weekly kept me sane and probably prevented me from gaining a lot of weight from my husband's hobby ( He is too good a cook and a better baker). Now I want to lose weight that has been hanging around for years. I am looking forward to seeing friends, walking into a store uninhibited, and traveling. Oh and a haircut. We both look like sheepdogs.
  • clairedrose
    clairedrose Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Sorry I posted in the wrong place. I was addressing a different topic. However I AM a postmenopausal woman who eats real good (just too much)
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I’m post menopausal, and I wish so much I was on the last 15. More like the first 15–again.
    I can’t exercise as much as I used to or would like to, but I walk a mile most days.
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jen :) Post-menopausal and also trying to lose the last 15. I've lost 71 pounds in the last year and a half without omitting anything. I log everything and stay in a deficit most of the time.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,058 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Can you define "real food"? I'm ovo-lacto vegetarian (46+ years, thin to fat & back again), eat what I enjoy, but what I enjoy may not be other people's "real food". I think nutrition is important, but strive to get it eating only things I personally enjoy. I don't eat faux meat, protein powders, protein bars, or various other common "diet-y" things. There's nothing wrong with any of those IMO, I just don't personally find them tasty or satisfying, so they're good to skip, for me. Food preference can be idiosyncratic, I think?

Oh, and I'm 65, so definitely post-menopausal (also hypothyroid, if that matters). And at a healthy weight for 5+ years now, after multiple previous decades of obesity. Maintaining now, more or less.

I'm a terrible MFP friend, though, sadly. More of a Community forum gal. I do accept friend requests (diary is open to friends, and I answer comments on my page or PMs).
  • luigene14
    luigene14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Post-menopausal, bored and binge watching cooking and baking shows.. I like real food and feed my emotions
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    59 year old herbivore. If by "real" food you mean from the produce department instead of heavily processed, feel free to add me
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I really don't think that it's more "challenging" post menopause. The difference is that as we age we often move less and lose muscle which makes us less active and therefore we burn fewer calories. As I have learned here on mfp, from many wise people, weight loss really is about calories in vs. calories out. So if you move less you can eat less. But I've been steadily losing at a rate of about 1 lb a week for three months. I'm down 10 pounds and have 10 to go! Feel free to send me a friend request!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    I am post menopausal too. Love to eat. Struggling right now but working hard to stay focused. What has worked for me is intermittent fasting, exercise and eating clean. Send me a request! Would love to have friends with some of the same challenges to work and learn together.
  • twirthg
    twirthg Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I like to eat fresh fruits and vegetables, and eggs and bacon for breakfast.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    I fit your bill and my diary is open. You can usually get a reasonable idea of what I’m eating by looking at it. Limited fish though. I’m a chickenaterian. 😇
  • andi0717
    andi0717 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my very first post, and your post caught my eye. I have been focusing on just staying in my calorie range. I don't eat much meat, mostly fresh fruits and veggies.