Furbaby cuddles

Options

Replies

• Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    sqsv6mwoaa7y.jpg

Waiting for the vet today because my sweet baby is feeling poorly.

Awe 💔 I hope it's nothing serious 😔
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    My furnace died last night and it was 16c when we woke up. Got a call in to the repair guy, but my 14yo Betty hasn't left my chest. She can't handle the cold... It's hard on her joints.

vfq8dlqyy3kn.jpg

Do you have anything with CBD in it? The CBD will help her achiness. If you have a heating pad that she can lay on, it may help her too.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,559 Member
    Options
    My furnace died last night and it was 16c when we woke up. Got a call in to the repair guy, but my 14yo Betty hasn't left my chest. She can't handle the cold... It's hard on her joints.

vfq8dlqyy3kn.jpg

Do you have anything with CBD in it? The CBD will help her achiness. If you have a heating pad that she can lay on, it may help her too.

I don't have anything with cbd, I did put my heated blanket on her bed, but I think it may be broken too. Going to go looking for the heating pad! ❤️
  • GymGoddessGoals
    Options
    Update.. Heating pad for my Bets. Thanks for the idea @GymGoddessGoals!
    xka3bynzrcfp.jpeg

Bingo. I have several geriatric cats.
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options

vfq8dlqyy3kn.jpg

We can vouch for the CBD. it won't cure them but the first week we gave it to our senior dog, he went up the stairs to our bedroom for the first time in well over a year. My wife and I were upstairs and all of a sudden he was there. You can only imagine our surprise and happiness. Of course the effects dwindled over time or his condition worsened too much but it sure did help for a while. It was unreal.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    Options
    stljam wrote: »

vfq8dlqyy3kn.jpg

We can vouch for the CBD. it won't cure them but the first week we gave it to our senior dog, he went up the stairs to our bedroom for the first time in well over a year. My wife and I were upstairs and all of a sudden he was there. You can only imagine our surprise and happiness. Of course the effects dwindled over time or his condition worsened too much but it sure did help for a while. It was unreal.

Did you increase the dosage at all? You can also stop giving it to him for a while to release his tolerance and start again.
  • stljam
    Options
    Did you increase the dosage at all? You can also stop giving it to him for a while to release his tolerance and start again.

We did increase the dose without a lot of success (in all fairness he had some real spine/neurological issues). We never tried going off and back on because we were afraid the benefit being lost of going off would be an issue. We know now with our next set to start giving them certain supplements all through life to help with their joints (we'll likely always have dogs around his size - 70lb).

Side note, would you mind if I messaged you with some back issue questions later?

• GymGoddessGoals
    Options

We did increase the dose without a lot of success (in all fairness he had some real spine/neurological issues). We never tried going off and back on because we were afraid the benefit being lost of going off would be an issue. We know now with our next set to start giving them certain supplements all through life to help with their joints (we'll likely always have dogs around his size - 70lb).

Side note, would you mind if I messaged you with some back issue questions later?

No problem, send a FR otherwise the message wont go through.
  • stljam
    Options

No problem, send a FR otherwise the message wont go through.

Hmm didn't know that last part. i bet that is why a few of my messages haven't even been read. Thanks.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,559 Member
    Options
    a035962pq7qb.jpg

When your cat traps you in your bed 😬😄

You must stay till they are done! Lol