How fat is your State??

Options

Replies

• brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    To be fair, with a large percentage of the leanest states, you can't afford to live there AND eat. :wink:

And Rhode Island is so small, only skinny people will fit there.

:laugh: it's not THAT expensive to live here! Plus in CT we're a whole mess of contradictions. Most millionaires per capita...and the poorest capital in the nation. lol
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my best to get Bama out of the #2 spot on that list.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    #40! Let's go Californians!
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    6 years and counting- we're #1.

Usually that's cause for celebration. Too bad this isn't one of those situations.
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My state is SO fat...when it sits around the house it sits AROUND the house!

Wait...I live in a province....moving on....
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Washington is on the leaner side but I think we were doing better before the economy made it more difficult to eat. My family is from Louisiana but has lived in Mississippi for decades. They are all obese or morbidly obese. Breaks my heart to watch them destroy themselves. All I can do is set the example and hope they get a clue before I have to bury any more of them in an untimely way due to complications of obesity.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Pretty darn! Ky came in 5th place... must be all that fried chicken!
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    Options
    looks like a landslide to me..
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    lol in England, state means mess or untidy...or how you are...as in ''my current state is I am in a right state'
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Pennsylvania. #28. Surprised it isn't lower. I never see too many fit people unless it's at a gym or trail.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Wow, and I thought at first look that 19.8% was the fattest, but that was the leanest!

Looks like we're catching up in the UK though :grumble:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/hea_obe-health-obesity
  • jennybenny76
    jennybenny76 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    To be fair, with a large percentage of the leanest states, you can't afford to live there AND eat. :wink:

This makes me laugh!! And as a California resident I concur... you truly have to choose between gas or bread!! lol
  • Dolphingirlie81
    Options

This makes me laugh!! And as a California resident I concur... you truly have to choose between gas or bread!! lol

Haha, that's why they are the leanest, cause they can't afford to eat. Tennessee came in 4th and I'm orginally from California. I've been wanting to go back to Cali, maybe this is the perfect excuse. I won't be able to eat cause the rent is high.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I guess I should be glad that Oregon is 38th, but that just means my fat *ss stands out more prominently.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    When did we get a 51st state?

Come on Georgia! We are the 18th unhealthiest... lets fix that!

Not a surprise.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I gotta say - People in Colorado are all about being fit. Most of my local friends are all about being healthy, and are on MFP!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    For some reason I can't pull this up at work - how'd Indiana do?
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Woot go CO!! Not particularly surprising. There are a lot of fit people here, ya kinda gotta be to take advantage of what the state has to offer.
  • Kaycurrier
    Options
    I am in Cali, and yes it is way too expensive to live and eat here, lol
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Woot go CO!! Not particularly surprising. There are a lot of fit people here, ya kinda gotta be to take advantage of what the state has to offer.

True dat! I should really post a picture of myself doing something active, instead of sitting in the food court at Costco. LOL