Healthy Meals for One

Options
Hey all,

My boyfriend is out of town this week so it's just dinner for one while he is gone. Any ideas on what I should make? I like to try new things while he is gone because usually he won't eat new creations. :tongue:

Thanks!

Replies

• JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I plan to make french fries from turnips this week :) lol Go on the hungry girl website.. The recipies she has on there are delicious and fun to make :) I made her Lord of the onion rings last week and they were pretty tasty :)
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just cook your typical meals for two - and cook half as often?
  • barbarajean3
    barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You can do so many things w an omelet its unreal and great for one person. I love spinach and brie egg beater omelets with fresh herbs, or go southwest with black beans, salsa and peppers, :drinker:
  • tmwillit
    Options
    Try a turkey bacon BLT! They are soooo yummy and low in cals!
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    I plan to make french fries from turnips this week :) lol Go on the hungry girl website.. The recipies she has on there are delicious and fun to make :) I made her Lord of the onion rings last week and they were pretty tasty :)

I always forget about the hungry girl website! Thanks! I'll go search through there :-)
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    Why don't you just cook your typical meals for two - and cook half as often?

I could, but I am bored with our typical meals and want to try out some new meals :-)
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    You can do so many things w an omelet its unreal and great for one person. I love spinach and brie egg beater omelets with fresh herbs, or go southwest with black beans, salsa and peppers, :drinker:

MMM - putting southwest omelet on my breakfast menu for SURE! Thanks!
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    Try a turkey bacon BLT! They are soooo yummy and low in cals!

OHHH this sounds amazing if wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla or pita! YUM! THANKS!
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    You could always go out to eat with a friend :)
  • Betsybeee
    Betsybeee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to freeze meals or portions! Cook once and eat twice!
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    You can make quesedillas and tacos for one. I've seen some interesting takes on them on the foodgawker app/website, like flank steak tacos with strawberry salsa :)
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    On sundays show she made an apple pie in the microwave that used red hots (candy) can't wait to try it when my sweet tooth starts bugging me :)