How can you exercise all the day and stay clean ?

I get a lot of advice about exercising whenever it is possible , like when watching TV , have some time , on the break, etc. But every time I do exercise I need a shower to clean my sweet , so although in theory it is possible , but in practice it is not possible especially if you are in the office.
How do you guys get around this issue ?

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    You could always take a spit bath in the sink at work or use disposable wipes. Spruce yourself up with foofoo/ deodorant and what you. :D Rolling ROFL's. I'm must imagining you standing at the sink splashing and drying yourself with paper towels while your coworkers breeze on in.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Why not get your exercise at the end of your day, so your sweating through your work clothes will not be an issue.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    I'd suggest limiting your sweaty exercise to times/locations where a shower is at hand.
    You can increase steps throughout the day, but not take it to the 'i'm sweating' level of speed.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Theo166 wrote: »
    I'd suggest limiting your sweaty exercise to times/locations where a shower is at hand.
    You can increase steps throughout the day, but not take it to the 'i'm sweating' level of speed.

Yes, I do that. Light movements, walking, things that don't cause me to sweat during the work day. All movement helps!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Sweating does not mean you are burning more calories. I second doing "light" exercise while at work. Do your "heavy" stuff early morning or after work when you can shower after. You can find a way. You might just sweat easily, some people do and you'll have to work around that with wipes or quick cleanups--also a good idea. Just don't stop moving.
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Yeah I sweat a lot, I only workout first thing in the morning when I get up and before I shower. I used to take a gentle yoga class at lunch at work, or go for a walk, but I would never do a "workout" in the middle of a work day and then go back to the office.
  • Onedaywriter
    Onedaywriter Posts: 324 Member
    I sweat a lot!
    For me, resistance stuff doesn’t cause anywhere near as much sweating as fast moving stuff. So if you’re doing calisthenics, dumbell lifts, core work like twists and planks do those in the office and save walking/running/cycling etc for before/after work.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    You only sweat when you're working hard, and when it's hot. For the same reason, using your muscles produces heat. Exercise at work, if you're going to do it, means a lunch walk for a lot of people. I know folks who do more intense stuff with their lunch, they all have access to a shower and change of clothes.

Outside of work, you can go to your heart's content.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,455 Member
    Isometrics. Shouldn't sweat a lot or at all. Then you can towel off and use baby wipes to refresh.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png