When did you start noticing a difference??

Options
NTK85
NTK85 Posts: 28 Member
Before joining MFP I had already lost 7kg and since joining I have lost another 7kg making it 14kg about 31lbs, I do not see much of a difference in my body and I am wondering when everyone started seeing a difference. Am I not seeing a difference because I have about 32kg (70lbs) more to lose? My cllothes are loose, but I cant see the difference in the mirror and I have tried!

When did you start noticing your body was smaller when looking in the mirror?

Replies

• butterfly0589
    butterfly0589 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping this as I've lost 31lb n can't see a difference either, I have just over 60 to go! How tall are you? I'm 5'2.5" xxx
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    take before and after pictures, they are a real eye opener.
  • Sion73
    Sion73 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My cllothes are loose,
    I think that is the evidence of the weight comming off that you need. It's harder to see much difference when you see yourself in the mirror every day, but I bet that if you had taken a photo before and now, you would notice it.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    If you are weight training you could be gaining muscle weight. Take measurements of neck, chest, waist, hips, thighs, arms etc and compare avery 10-15 pounds. I think you'll see a difference.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I have lost 22 pounds and even though my clothes are definitely looser I can't SEE a change. I have taken photos. Don't see it there, either. :grumble: But I just keep on keeping on. I figure it has to be visible eventually, right?
  • butterfly0589
    butterfly0589 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

I did this but still can't see a difference :( I guess there'll be a difference after the next 31lb though right?! xxx
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I don't speak metric, but I started noticing a difference after about 20 pounds.
  • sidewinds
    Options
    Come on guys! 31 pounds is amazing. When you have 90 pounds to lose the differences are not going to be as obvious at first. When your clothes are getting loose that should be all the indication you need that you are getting smaller. Geesh. Keep up the good work.
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I've lost 35 pounds and only after the last 2 pounds did everyone start saying "You're looking good" & "You're losing weight, what are you doing". My husband went out of town last week and came home to what you would think was a new wife, lol! Seriously, you'll be surprised, at how in the next few pounds, all of a sudden people will start to notice.

Me, on the otherhand... I can't see a difference in me at all. My clothes are loose and falling off, but when I look in the mirror, I see what I've always seen :( I think it'll have to be a more drastic change before I see what everyone else sees.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I've lost 57lbs so far, and have literally just started to notice a very slight difference in my appearance, but I still have to buy the same size clothing. Pictures don't show any change other than a reduction in my face size.

I actually got a comment from one of my daughters yesterday - but it's been such a long time coming that I couldn't accept it for the compliment it should have been, but more as a 'come on mum, if I cheer you up you'll keep on dieting'!!

If you only have a few pounds to lose in the first place you will probably see results fairly quickly, but if you're in it for the long run, it could take a while before any real changes are seen.

Trust me though, it's disappearing from somewhere and you'll look in the mirror one day soon and get an almighty shock!

Good luck!
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I know I've only lost 8 pounds but from how I feel in my clothes, I think I've replaced a lot of fat volume with muscle mass. I'm even thinking about punching holes new holes in old belts. I've gone from Large to Medium T-shirts (but I still buy LG because they always shrink).

Keep going. Don't stop. Look for ways to beat your plateau. I'm a little worried that I've platuau'd so I'm gonna start Badminton class for 2 hours every Saturday. I've also gotten myself a heart rate monitor so I can compete against myself because my workouts were getting stale and no longer challenging (ie my heart wasn't racing).
  • jpamplin28
    jpamplin28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It sometimes takes the mind awhile to catch up with the body when you have more to lose. I know for me it was about every 20 or so pounds before I could see any difference. Now that I am closer to my goal weight it only takes about 5 pounds for me to see a difference.
  • mariamore
    Options
    You should really take "before and after" photos. I didn't notice a change looking in the mirror, but when I looked at my photos, I was like WHOA! especially in my arms. As long as your clothes feel like they are getting loose, I think you're on the right path. Just don't get discouraged!
  • MaryRose84
    MaryRose84 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and before MFP I was 270 LBS size 20/22 ish. I lost 20 LBS on Weight Watchers last year and started MFP at 250 LBS in June 2011 size 18. When I hit that 30-35 LB mark from my biggest, people started to notice and so did I. I also started to notice inches when I amped up my workouts. I'm 220 now size 14. I would say the strength and circuit training really helped with the visual appearance of the loss.

Hope this helps!

MRose
  • NicoleLauren17
    NicoleLauren17 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15 pounds and I'm just now starting to notice a difference and people are starting to comment about it. I'm trying to lose 45 pounds but I may stop at 30 depending how I look so I don't have as much to lose which probably effects it. 30 pounds is fantastic though!!! You should be proud of yourself!

Also, looking at before and after pictures has helped me a ton when I feel like I can't see a difference. And measurements!!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I noticed it at about 20lbs and at 30lbs I dropped a size. I wish I had done before and after pics I have some from when I was not good ones. I wish I had! Take pics- u can always delete and u won't regret like I do.
  • jaseym6
    jaseym6 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    just started to notice last week.....my clothes fit differently but i also up my my cardio.......so more th burn......
  • jimmacdonald
    jimmacdonald Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    mmmm I went from size 42 to size 38
    Then for 38 to 36
    Now wearing size 34.

Take one day at a time it is a life change not a diet.

Cheers
    Jim
  • mrsmccullen07
    Options
    I have lost 22lbs and I can tell it as well as family and friends .. my first 5-10lbs you could really tell it in my face but then my face filled back out which I hate but surprisingly enough I seem to have lost most of my weight in my stomach ... my thighs have lost a little but my arms are the same size as are my boobs but my stomach has gone down alot not exactly sure how many inches but I have dropped into my old pants that I was wearing and they are already getting baggy in the stomach area but tight in the thighs
  • timeforme23
    Options

I agree. Sometimes when I look in the mirror I dont feel like I look any different, but when I compare now to the pics I took before, there is a huge difference.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!