JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    Happy easter to you all.
    I am totally bummed today. We can't be with our son in Michigan.. so I ordered a nice gift Basket from Harry and David .. Chocolate covered pretzels, fruit, decorated cookies. It cost me $100 .. but hubby said I could do it since we weren't going there.
    Its easter sunday .. and the thing has still not been delivered. It was shipped on wednesday .. suppose to be there on friday. At this point, I am sure it is lost, but so bummed. We did tell our son we shipped something and it got lost, but I really wanted him to get it.

Daughter is working, so she is coming out at 5 .. so we are just having ham sandwiches and angel food cake outside. We have another week to go for full immunity from the shots. But .. it is suppose to be in the 70s.
    so rather than stay bummed .. I plan to work in the yard all day... my happy place.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Happy easter to you all.
    I am totally bummed today. We can't be with our son in Michigan.. so I ordered a nice gift Basket from Harry and David .. Chocolate covered pretzels, fruit, decorated cookies. It cost me $100 .. but hubby said I could do it since we weren't going there.
    Its easter sunday .. and the thing has still not been delivered. It was shipped on wednesday .. suppose to be there on friday. At this point, I am sure it is lost, but so bummed. We did tell our son we shipped something and it got lost, but I really wanted him to get it.

Daughter is working, so she is coming out at 5 .. so we are just having ham sandwiches and angel food cake outside. We have another week to go for full immunity from the shots. But .. it is suppose to be in the 70s.
    so rather than stay bummed .. I plan to work in the yard all day... my happy place.

Could it be Covid Post? Even our normal post has been totally out of whack.
    We got no letters for about 2 weeks and then get like 10 in one go!
    I would email or ring the company back, $100 is not a small amount of money! They might say wait X amount of time before a refund can be made but don't lose out!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,301 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hey everyone.
    Easter got cancelled here.

Everything was going well, they all earned enough ticks and they were well happy. I said right the last test is bedtime. And they F'd it right up.
    3 hours I spent trying to get them to go to bed, after 2 hours (I'd lost my cool at this point) I took in an Easter egg and said "Get in bed now, or I'm stomping on this egg" (and yes I was fully prepared to do it) and guess what.. They just didn't stop.
    So one egg got it. Got it bad aswell.

And.. They still didn't stop. They actually started playing a game called Smash The Egg.

I feel like an utter failure, in every possible way. 😭😭😭

So I've just said no eggs today. I feel like the worst parent. But they just don't deserve it.
    What am I supposed to do?

Bex my dear, we’ve all lost our cool with our kids. You are a great mum. It’sa hard thankless job. I agree with Zizzy that you just move on as if nothing happened. Missing Easter might help you in the long run. I would ask your mom not to give them a big elaborate Easter basket this year, as you’ve said she does.

Remember we aren’t perfect. When I lose my cool, that is when hubby Steps in and I tag out before it escalates anymore. Maybe talk to Ash about that?

Love them and the rest will work out.

Love you girlie!
  • pridesabtch

JFT Saturday

- Layer up 😀
    - Be at boathouse by 8:30😀
    - Walk to the coffee shop while kids get ready to race.😀
    - Watch races and walk about😀 17k steps yesterday!
    - Go Easter shopping for the girls. They are older, but they are still my babies! 😕 Tim went I didn’t feel well. There was zero Water Candy left in the stores, not even WalMart!
    - Log foods 😃
    - Eat better 11:00 - 8:00.😕 dinner wasn’t ready until 8:30, but I ate no snacks after
    - Bed by midnight. 😃

Happy day y’all! Make yourselves proud today!

The regatta was great, got some wonderful photos, Sierra won both of her races, Tim’s family came out and watched. A good time was had by all.

Today we went to in person church, but Vs anxiety got the better of her so we left early, and we finished the service online. No real plans today, possibly a bike ride. Not sure.

JFT Sunday
    - Weigh 😁
    - Shower get ready for church😁
    - Church😁
    - Laundry
    - Ride?
    - Log food
    - Eat between 11 & 8
    - clean little box
    - Bed by 11:30

Happy Easter y’all! we serve a risen savior, and that is an amazing thing.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    edited April 2021
    JFT - Saturday April 3
    1.5L of water - :)
    Log all food - 🙂

JFT - Sunday April 4
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Walk for 15 minutes

@ZizzyBumble - happy 38th date anniversary. I don’t know when our first date was exactly. I do know I was 13 and he was 17. We lasted the summer, we met up again when I was 18 and he was 22. We married quickly then.

@Bex953172 - oh what a night you had! Parenting is the worst job in the world and also the most rewarding. I think you did the right thing and you are doing a great job.

@mytime6630 - I would call the company or give it some more time. Like Bex said, most of our mail and couriers are much slower than normal.
    We aren’t doing anything with our girls for Easter this year, they are both working. I thought about bringing the Grands out for the afternoon but they saw their other grandparents last night, she works at the hospital and I don’t know how serious she takes this when not at work so it made me nervous to do that.
    I am vaccinated, but Rodger isn’t and I could still carry it into the nursing home.

I have added a 15 minute walk to my goals. I want to do it outside, but it may be too cool.

I guess we’ll see how it goes.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    My sweater!
    ypd0i26zu5tu.jpeg
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    @ZizzyBumble - that is beautiful! You should be very proud of yourself.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Not a great start to the day. I was having a slow wake up when I got an emergency message from my apartment that there was a gas leak and I needed to evacuate immediately. We were all outside close to two hours before everything was squared away. I had a friend seriously injured in a house explosion years ago due to a gas leak, so I take these things seriously. I'm glad everything was fixed but it definitely threw me off today. Had a small Easter meal with family but it was a little rushed due to scheduling. Ended up coming home and was pretty useless the rest of the day. Probably needed the down time to be honest. Went WAAAAAYYY over calories for the first time since I buckled down in February, so I'm not going to beat myself up, just move on. Happy Easter all!

JFT Sunday:
    80 oz water ✅
    stay in the green ❌
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups ❌
    rest day-walk or house project ❌
    screens off 8:30 ✅
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT ✅

JFT Monday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    30 minutes exercise
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT

@Bex953172 What you’re going through sounds so hard! I don’t have children so I’m of no help. I think you’re on the right track with expectations and following through with consequences, it just takes time. Have heart and know you’re still an amazing mother, this is just hard.

@mytime6630 So sorry to hear about your bad day. You tried! Just imagine they’ll have a 2nd easter :) once the basket eventually arrives. They appreciate the sentiment no matter how it plays out I’m sure.

@zizzybumble that is beautiful! Did you make that?! Amazing work!
  • mytime6630
    edited April 2021
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Happy easter to you all.

I was refunded the entire amount.. as they feel the package was either stolen or lost. It was shipped via Fed Ex ... so who knows where it would be. They said they could send another, but I told them not to, since our son travels so much during the week, and would not be home next week, and somehow to get it way after Easter would lose what we wanted to do. We did tell our son last nite when we talked, so he at least knew that we attempted something.. but I would have much rather him receive it. Oh well.. good intentions. And maybe it will still show up... but its been stuck at the same location since wednesday .. with no activity showing. It was a lot of money.. and I had to convince hubby to let me do it, so I hated that it didn't get delivered.

Our daughter came out at 5 tonite.. we had a nice meal out on the patio. It was really warm out, so that helped. I cleared a lot of honeysuckle again today.... so I am exhausted! we have a small firepit, so I just burn it, and its fun, but a lot of work. But the woods behind our house will look so much nicer. It is a never ending project though I think!

Food wise, I didn't do so well .. to much homemade bread, ham, and cake and icecream. But.. its OK... tomorrow will be a new day.

JFt, Monday, 4.5
    1. mindful eating ... NO nite time snacks. Need to concentrate and get back to doing this.
    2. concentrate on 8+ water
    3. listen to podcast if time.
    4. other: go for walk, work on pc boards, work in the garden, do laundry, dinner will be scalloped potatoes and ham .. use up leftover ham from today.

• mytime6630
    edited April 2021
    @ZizzyBumble -- WOW! that is such a beautiful sweater!! It is hard to imagine anyone making something that beautiful... you are so talented! My SIL could knit like that ... I have watched youtube videos to try and learn, but no luck! Thank you for sharing!

@jeschepp - wow, that had to be scary about the gas leak. Those things scare me so much also. My husbands parents were in a bad house explosion because of a gas leak.. so I am glad that you, and your apartment complex are taking this very serious, and making sure you are safe. But not the best way to start your day I'm sure!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Sunday April 4

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 👿
    Water 👿
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 Trend ⬇️

• ZizzyBumble
    Monday April 5

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 Trend ⬇️

• Bex953172
    Thanks to everyone yesterday, you all made me feel so much better. I felt so guilty about it all and like I'd made the wrong decision or took it too far.
    @pridesabtch Ash does normally chip in, and yesterday when they all finally reduced me to tears, he came and asked me what was actually going on and when I explained what they were actually doing and how I was getting treated by them, he went all out to get the kids back on track and to apologise to me and really reined them back in.
    The nice ending of the day is we all watched Grease together, the 2 youngest went to bed afterwards (but messed around again, but that's a separate issue to tackle) and Saskia and me watched a little bit of Harry Potter 4 and she was allowed one of her eggs.

The MIL is coming today with her big baskets. But my MIL don't take no $h!t haha so the girls will be getting told by her too before they receive anything. I like that about her :)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site..
    2. Pit Crew: Mental Health Monday. Send phil of ed to Zabby.
    3. Classes: TED talk - Poetry.
    4. Planning: Check on dentist appointment for 22nd. Lunges. Review videos to create transcripts. Email about late work. Writing script.
    5. Lunch: Tikka Masala. Write script for tone and mood.
    6. Afternoon: Groceries. Walk at park? 1 hour Clois.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Sushi? Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Do the therapy exercises and lifts. Stretch. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Choose orgs for donations.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    Today: 189.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I am tired and frustrated and a little resentful.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    One of my best wellness weeks of 2021. Down 1.2# on the Monday weigh in. Worked out for 8 hours 4 minutes including 2021 high points for weights with 4600#, 605 crunches, 121 push ups and 242 lunges. Exercise walked for 12.76 miles. Averaged 1800 calories for the week. 464 day MFP streak of logging my food

For Sunday:

-2500 calories. May break my streak but if I can lose control it will be a good day Didn't break the <2000 calorie streak, now at 27 days. It's not the calories but about not losing control
    -Work out for 40 minutes 93 minutes

For Monday:

-1999 calories
    -Work out for 90 minutes
  • pridesabtch
    edited April 2021

JFT Sunday
    - Weigh 😁
    - Shower get ready for church😁
    - Church😁
    - Laundry :smiley:
    - Ride? :(
    - Log food :smiley:
    - Eat between 11 & 8 :(
    - clean little box :(
    - Bed by 11:30 :smiley:

Happy Easter y’all! we serve a risen savior, and that is an amazing thing.

Yesterday I overslept a bit and had to rush to get ready for church, but we made it on time. Unfortunately, my daughter's ticks were quite frequent and they kept getting worse so we left early and I finished the sermon on line. I hate seeing her like that. Ugh... Got home and waited for hubby, he was running sound at church, but we drove separately. He came home and fixed us brunch. I had bacon and eggs, skipped the waffles (proud of me for that). We discussed going for a bike ride once my oldest got home from work, but my tummy was not feeling it. Instead we watched the girls open their Easter baskets and chilled.

This eating window thing is not really working for me as we keep having dinner after 8:00pm. On the up side, I am not snacking after. Tonight may be different, hubby is making tacos for dinner then chips and queso for the game. That's one of my favorites so I will partake, but in moderation instead of eating a whole bag of chips. I just have to let my overly controlling mind take a break without feeling like a failure. Hopefully, with it being a planned treat and the fact that I was way under yesterday will let me enjoy it without guilt.

I overslept again today. Was rushing to get to work for an 8:00 am call, that luckily got canceled as I didn't get here until 8:10. After work, I take my youngest back to the doctor to learn how to give her injections so we can get her Vitamin B12 back where it needs to be. Other than that just basketball and laundry. Heck maybe now that my belly is feeling better, I'll ride as the ball game doesn't start until 9:20pm my time.

JFT Monday

- Work by 8:00am :(
    - Remember to bring the lunch Hubby packed me; Spicy shrimp with alfredo and spaghetti squash/linguine :smiley:
    - More meetings
    - Leave early to take V to the doctor
    - Ride?
    - Dinner, taco salad rather than taco to cut calories but still enjoy.
    - Log all food: good, bad & ugly
    - Bed after the ball game

Have a smashing Monday y'all! Love ya!

Question: Does my new profile pic make me look tired? I can't decide.
  • pridesabtch
    @ZizzyBumble That is a beautiful sweater, I love the design & color!

@jeschepp Glad you are ok, and that you aren't beating yourself up over being over calories yesterday.

@mytime6630 Sorry your gift didn't make it to your son, but I'm sure he understands and appreciates the thought. BTW I love Harry & Davids, but the prices are a bit excessive.

@Bex953172 As the kids get older the challenges change, but they do seem to me to get a little easier. There will be good days and bad days, but as long as you and Ash work together you've got this! Great job on the evening.

@WellingTX Great job!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    JFT 4/5 M
    1) Walked dog 3.62 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me, even though new walking shoes rubbed ankles raw (tried different brand than I'm used to & wore thinner socks than when I bought the shoes)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Net cals zero / 12c water
    4) GA-IT FY20 print / GA-IT FY21 prep / Facebook Live 12:00 / catch up emails
    5) Prep lunch, snacks, water bottle & overnight oats / mouse traps in garage / declutter 15 min. / 6:30 online concert?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

@ZizzyBumble Beautiful sweater! Makes me want to dig out my knitting needles and make something. But I have too many other "in progress" projects that need completing first. LOL

@jeschepp So glad you are safe! That had to be scary.

Yesterday I attended 7:45 Easter service to avoid the popular time of 9:00. I thought how last year four weeks into lockdown, we weren't permitted to gather to celebrate Jesus' resurrection. I was surprised by the number of people at 7:45, every other pew had people (social distanced & everyone wearing masks). Maybe they were feeling as I was, how grateful I was to be there.

Rest of the day was quiet at home with hubby. Found out my parents (both fully vaccinated) had 9 family members visit (3 brothers & their families) in the afternoon. Guessing they sat outside since temp reached glorious 70F. Then sister messaged photos of her & BIL playing outside with their grandkids. Felt sorry for myself that we didn't get to see any family. But then I think ahead to Sat. when hubby and I are visiting my parents in celebration of their 65th wedding anniversary this week. Yay!

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • Everydayforward
    Everydayforward Posts: 4 Member
    Annoyed I gained 2 pounds from eating 3 small chocolates and a really small Easter dinner. Oh well :/ refuse to fall off the bandwagon over this though!
  • Bex953172
    Annoyed I gained 2 pounds from eating 3 small chocolates and a really small Easter dinner. Oh well :/ refuse to fall off the bandwagon over this though!

Hey, don't worry, it won't be anything to do with the Easter meal or bits of chocolate. It takes an extra 3500 calories per week to gain 1lb

Its very likely to be water weight, TOTM, or just one of those daily fluctuations that suckkkk.
    Don't fall off the bandwagon, you've got no reason to :) stick with it!