Cant stop eating!!!!

Options
Sadia7111
Sadia7111 Posts: 3 Member
Hi everyone
I am Sadie, mum of three little ones, 32 and a primary teacher.
I have been seriously trying to lose weight on ans off for past four years never really goingst a few days.
I have tried every eating plan to inspire me without success because i am not consistent.
I have now hired a PT and nutritionist to help me while using MFP as this is part of the plan.

My problem is i have been seriously trying for past two months starting weight 17st 9lb so obese with a BmI of 40. As im just 5ft 6.
I can not stop eating!!!!
I tell myself every damm day i will try hard and then by the evening I am out of control. I am starting to think i have some sort of addiction and eating disorder. I am really feeling very low and sad :(
I rang the doctor and not much help there either apart from WW which still hasnt come through - my problem is not a eating plan its the ability to stick to anything.
What do i do i am at my lowest point i feel like poop!!!!!
Thank you for listening to my rant
Sadie

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Sit down with someone face-to-face. You have a PT/nutritionist and they can steer you in the right direction for further medical professionals. You're on the right track by reaching out for help. With new skillsets you can use MFP but this is not going to happen overnight. You'll be working on this for a long time and for some people that's the rest of their life. Know that going in and take it one day at a time.
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I make better choices in the morning too. It is a real thing for a lot of people. One thing that has really helped me is to have my food planned out for the evening. Sometimes I will chop all the veggies ahead of time for a stir fry. When I am too tired to plan or cook, I will mostly make eggs for dinner. I have been favoring omelets and scrambled eggs lately. I switch up the side. Sometimes, cottage cheese, fruit, plain Greek yogurt, raw bell pepper, avocado, bacon, sausage...
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Sadie, are your restricting your calories too much? If so then don't set your calories to anything by just track for a week or so every single bite that you eat, and every fluid that has calories. Then set your calories to maintenance, do this for a week or so. Then the lowest weightloss goal. Try to find out what kind of food makes you happy and full (it's different for everyone). Eat a good combination of both. If you still feel that you can't eat less then so be it. Sometimes it's better to lose weight slowly but consistently then not doing anything at all.

Also, think about why you eat so much in the evening. Are you hungry? Bored? WANT SNACKS NOW? Work with this.
    Make sure you chose foods that don't make you feel hungry in the evening
    Do something you enjoy doing instead of sitting in front of the telly
    Work snacks into your diet, maybe something that doesn't come in a big bag.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    Hi, Sadie. Check out this group:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

There’s some excellent advice and support there.
  • Sadia7111
    Sadia7111 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone who took the time to reply!
    I am not under eating my calories are at 1500, i think by evening theres alot of reasons i want to eat, emotional eating, eating out of bordem, eating kids left overs or just plain simple no will power even though i want it so bad mentally i think i need months of just training my mind and resetting it. My PT has said to just focus on tracking calories & staying under my calorie goal so thats what il be focusing on for the following week.
    Thank you so much everyone your all so supportive and really helps thank you!!!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    So you're saying you're not under-eating because your calories are 1500.
    But, if you have been gaining weight this past year... this could still be a substantial cut from before.
    Maybe too much to start with.

Start by not restricting BUT BY LOGGING EVERYTHING.
    EVERYTHING.

Everything BEFORE you put it in your mouth to eat.
    Including the left overs from the kids by gram.

I bet you that you won't be touching those left-overs more than once or twice after you spend a half hour trying to figure out how to log them fully and correctly before you scarf them down! :wink:

Once you've started to get a handle on logging, have a look at what you logged and try to figure out "easy fluff" to cut or substitute for calorically better bargains.... start there and you'll soon be on your way!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    For my clients, I try to figure out their eating patterns. Things like, do they snack when they commute, do they enjoy eating in the evening, what's their favorite meal time, etc.
    CICO rules and if you can strategize how to take in calories and not go over, you'll lose weight. For me, I LOVE to eat in the evening, so I save my calories for then. My dinner is usually 800 calories and then I'll snack another 500-600. I don't eat in the morning because my eating goes up to about 11pm so I can have enough energy for my morning workouts. I DON'T eat until after 12pm and very light snacking till about 7pm. This works for me and just by cutting back on calories a little bit, I lost 40lbs in 6 months. And of course I was always CONSISTENT 6.9 days out of each week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • cvdub16
    cvdub16 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am right there with ya! I feel like I could have written this myself. I feel like I have been doing this since my oldest was born 11 years ago!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    Maybe I was a terrible kid and mom, but I can’t imagine eating after my kids, or anyone else for that matter.

Just think of where all those little hands have been, the snotty noses, my brother’s obsession with rolly-polies (how in the world do you spell that?) by the pocket full, and for my own self, what I put in my mouth because I was made to and then surreptitiously hid under something else when my folks weren’t looking.

I don’t mean this to be funny, but maybe if you intentionally gross yourself out it would eliminate the compulsion.

• Thoin
    Thoin Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Sadia7111 wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    I am Sadie, mum of three little ones, 32 and a primary teacher.
    I have been seriously trying to lose weight on ans off for past four years never really goingst a few days.
    I have tried every eating plan to inspire me without success because i am not consistent.
    I have now hired a PT and nutritionist to help me while using MFP as this is part of the plan.

My problem is i have been seriously trying for past two months starting weight 17st 9lb so obese with a BmI of 40. As im just 5ft 6.
    I can not stop eating!!!!
    I tell myself every damm day i will try hard and then by the evening I am out of control. I am starting to think i have some sort of addiction and eating disorder. I am really feeling very low and sad :(
    I rang the doctor and not much help there either apart from WW which still hasnt come through - my problem is not a eating plan its the ability to stick to anything.
    What do i do i am at my lowest point i feel like poop!!!!!
    Thank you for listening to my rant
    Sadie

So, one thought is you may be depressed and trying to fill a void with food. This has happened to me. It is very hard to get over but not impossible. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy can help.