ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    My birthday wish didn't come true...

To never ever see another HCG thread?

At least not on my birthday...
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    this is the fad that never ends. It can go on and on my friend. Some people started using it not knowing what is was and they'll continue using it forever, because.................
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    this is the fad that never ends. It can go on and on my friend. Some people started using it not knowing what is was and they'll continue using it forever, because.................

Lamb Chops!
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

Darn it! I was just going to reply with that!! . . . . 420!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options

HAHAHAHA :drinker:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Save yourself money and just eat 500 calories. Once you start doing it you will probably stop being hungry. Just watch out that you dont become anorexic.

If you like food then maybe eat and exercise the calories off instead.?
  • LoserMom_3
    Options
    Hi - I am onthis right now... But, I am only planning to go another 2 weeks. I got on the diet as an experiment. I had a hard time losing any weight with thyroid disease, whereas weight used to drop off me no problems. I have been on the diet for 2 weeks now and have lost about 8lbs. Most people lose far more in the beginning, but most people eat like ****. I eat generally healthy - only 1 soda a day IF at all, tons of water, and very balanced meals. In fact , the biggest change for me coming nito this was that I could only have 4.5oz of lean proten ./ meat source per day. I like to have meat at lunch and dinner. However, for the sake of the diet I am doing it as they specifiy. I am doing it under doctor supervision (hell no, not going to inject myself with something I bought overseas on the internet!!) and weigh in weekly. So far, I have very mixed feelings on it. On the one hand, I'm able to eat less and feel full and lose weight... but, I live terrified of what weight will come back when I am finished.
    It is pretty expnsive too. My clinic charges $54 per week for HcG and appetite supressant (phentermine). I used the ap.sup. the first week but last week and beyond did not/am not. Honestly, I may only go another week to get to 21 days as is recommended for a so called "short round".
    I've not noticed my clothes being looser, as again I've only lost 8lbs. I did eat lots of cake for my kid's birthday party one weekend and did not gain.

honestly, if you are looking for a jump start, I would say give it a try. BUT remember, I am giving this advice without seeing the end result, so I can't promise it will stay off. I AM glad that I do pay attention to food labels now, and can't believe half the crap I put into my body (IE carb %, fat grams, etc... the food science!).

I guess I could have used the money for a nutrionist, huh????? LOL
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options

Yep.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Darn it! I was just going to reply with that!! . . . . 420!

:smokin:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am onthis right now... But, I am only planning to go another 2 weeks. I got on the diet as an experiment. I had a hard time losing any weight with thyroid disease, whereas weight used to drop off me no problems. I have been on the diet for 2 weeks now and have lost about 8lbs. Most people lose far more in the beginning, but most people eat like ****. I eat generally healthy - only 1 soda a day IF at all, tons of water, and very balanced meals. In fact , the biggest change for me coming nito this was that I could only have 4.5oz of lean proten ./ meat source per day. I like to have meat at lunch and dinner. However, for the sake of the diet I am doing it as they specifiy. I am doing it under doctor supervision (hell no, not going to inject myself with something I bought overseas on the internet!!) and weigh in weekly. So far, I have very mixed feelings on it. On the one hand, I'm able to eat less and feel full and lose weight... but, I live terrified of what weight will come back when I am finished.
    It is pretty expnsive too. My clinic charges $54 per week for HcG and appetite supressant (phentermine). I used the ap.sup. the first week but last week and beyond did not/am not. Honestly, I may only go another week to get to 21 days as is recommended for a so called "short round".
    I've not noticed my clothes being looser, as again I've only lost 8lbs. I did eat lots of cake for my kid's birthday party one weekend and did not gain.

honestly, if you are looking for a jump start, I would say give it a try. BUT remember, I am giving this advice without seeing the end result, so I can't promise it will stay off. I AM glad that I do pay attention to food labels now, and can't believe half the crap I put into my body (IE carb %, fat grams, etc... the food science!).

You are probably going to gain it all back, one soda a day? They are 150 calories, that means you are eating 350 in food? I hope you are taking vitamins so you are not ruining your health even more. :S
  • bry_all01
    Options

just curious, do you have any hair?
  • Carina116
    Carina116 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I know someone that was on it and they were ALWAYS hungry, angry,and miserable. but everyone has their story.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    HCG actually doesn't do anything, the weight loss occurs from eating at ridiculously low levels

Stein et al Ineffectiv­eness of human chorionic gonadotrop­in in weight reduction: a double-bli­nd study American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol 29, 940-948

"HCG does not appear to enhance the effectiven­ess of a rigidly imposed regimen for weight reduction"

Lijesen et al The effect of human chorionic gonadotrop­in (HCG) in the treatment of obesity by means of the Simeons therapy: a criteria-b­ased meta-analy­sis Br J Clin Pharmacol. 1995 Sep;40(3):­237-43

"there is no scientific evidence that hCG is effective in the treatment of obesity; it does not bring about weight-los­s of fat-redist­ribution, nor does it reduce hunger or induce a feeling of well-being­.""

also see; JAMA 236:2495–2­497, 1976, American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 29:940–948­, 1976, American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 12:230–234­, 1963, S Afr Med J. 1990 Feb 17;77(4):1­85-9, West Journal of Medicine 127:461–46­3, 1977, Archives of Internal Medicine 137:151-15­5, 1977

okay dude no offence but do you have that save on your computer so you can just clip and paste at a seconds notice?? faster than a speeding bullet
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time losing any weight with thyroid disease, whereas weight used to drop off me no problems.

Weight used to drop off me with no problems either...when I was a little younger, and before the Hypothyroid fairy decided to pay me a visit and become my lifelong friend.

Do yourself a favor and get off that crap. You'll save money and possibly your long term health. Search in the forums for others' experiences. You can lose weight with "thyroid disease". It might take you a little longer than some, but it can be done. I am proof of this.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    If your considering using, or are currently using HCG and the associated diet check out these links;

http://www.mayoclinic.org/eating-disorders/?mc_id=comlinkpilot&placement=bottom
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/drug-addiction/DS00183

You kids have fun now!
  • FairyMiss
    Options

which?? the diet, or posting about it?
  • tbudge
    tbudge Posts: 114
    Options
    You didn't get overweight in 3 months, you're not going to get to a healthy weight in 3 months and be able to maintain that as a lifestyle, just saying.

So so true!!!
  • bry_all01
    Options

which?? the diet, or posting about it?

ah both.
  • FairyMiss
    Options

It is pretty expnsive too. My clinic charges $54 per week for HcG and appetite supressant (phentermine).

um i thought part of what the hcg was supposed to do was make you not hungry. then why would they give Phentermine