Lost 200 pounds in a year! 360lbs to 160lbs (PICS)

Replies

• Fin_C666
    Fin_C666 Posts: 11 Member
    Well done bud. Great achievement!
  • Er1017
    Er1017 Posts: 9 Member
    Wow! Way to go!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    MFP Rockstar! <3
  • stephensweeney93
    stephensweeney93 Posts: 57 Member
    Amazing Transformation !
  • mariettastreasures
    mariettastreasures Posts: 3 Member
    Congratulations! Way to go! you look awesome! I hope you are proud of yourself and your accomplishment.
  • NecessaryChange
    NecessaryChange Posts: 91 Member
    Couldn't agree more.. I have the same issue with a little added fear of sharing about myself. No gym, just walked my yard and at home dumbbells to lose what I've lost so far, very inspiring. Thanks so much for sharing. Keep up the stellar work!
  • Cdooogz
    Cdooogz Posts: 10 Member
    Couldn't agree more.. I have the same issue with a little added fear of sharing about myself. No gym, just walked my yard and at home dumbbells to lose what I've lost so far, very inspiring. Thanks so much for sharing. Keep up the stellar work!

Thanks man!

I’m glad more people know that a gym membership is not necessary to lose weight or build muscle! I’m really enjoying doing calisthenics at home - it motivates me more to do it more because I don’t feel like I need to go someplace to do it. It’s definitely helped remind me to stretch more.
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 526 Member
    Two words... YOU RULE!!!
  • eena56
    eena56 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Amazing transformation!! Congratulations on your hard work and your achievement! You look great and have a great smile 😁
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    What an awesome transformation .... Congrats to you ....Don't know you but I am very proud of you :)
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    fabulous dedication... congratulations...
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    WOW! Congratulations!
  • kelynette
    kelynette Posts: 6 Member
    No surgery? Really? That’s a massively rapid weight loss. 4 pounds a week on average... Seems Bariatric paced. Which I know because I’m a Bariatric patient myself!
  • katbat007
    katbat007 Posts: 2 Member
    This is so unbelievably inspiring - thank you for sharing.
  • lodershannon
    lodershannon Posts: 1 Member
    ManlyMutt wrote: »
    can I ask what your calorie intake is/was? Did you slowly lower it? I'm walking 5km a day and eating between 1250-1500 calories a day. Still losing pretty good.. 10-12 pounds a month. Afraid of lowering my calories more in case i do metabolic damage. But sure would be nice to lose weight faster.

You are already at minimum, I went down to a 1000 a day, wanted to sleep and had zero energy, 10 to 12 pounds a month is great. I have a lot to go but speeding it made me unwell.
  • beatmebashme
    beatmebashme Posts: 1 Member
    ManlyMutt wrote: »
    can I ask what your calorie intake is/was? Did you slowly lower it? I'm walking 5km a day and eating between 1250-1500 calories a day. Still losing pretty good.. 10-12 pounds a month. Afraid of lowering my calories more in case i do metabolic damage. But sure would be nice to lose weight faster.

I'm not a dietician but i've been doing my research. As a suggestion, read up on why people can reach plateau's in weight loss, and how your metabolism naturally slows down over time if you continually eat a deficit of calories, without ever having a time where you increase your calories to a 'maintenance level' for a period of time to keep your metabolism running at an increased (previously normal) rate.

Dont just keep dropping calories thinking that is the solution! Perhaps look at a cycle of Calorie Deficit & Maintenance. (I'm doing 6 weeks deficit and 2 weeks maintenance). Note that my maintenance week is not an excuse to cheat!! I dont get to order 2 pizzas and a waffle (unfortunately in some respects... but that stuff comes with other health issues over time anyway). It means eating well (or mostly well), but increasing the quantity of calories you eat to be the same amount as the calories that you are burning.

My opinion is that losing weight "faster" is not the solution - keeping it off permanently in a sustainable way is! And yes, that means eating enough calories to ensure you can function perfectly normally for the next 10 years, and not just "finish your diet" once you've reached your goal. (unless your goal is to fit into that old tuxedo in the cupboard for a specific event, and that's it)

So for example, eating 500 calories less than what you burn daily, will lose you about 1 pound per week... and you won't feel like you're dying while you're doing it! But eating 1500 less calories per day... sure you will lose weight faster, but how long do you really think you can keep it up? 3 Months? 6 Months? 3 years? 15 years? I know i couldn't do that, my body would reject what I'm doing to it! Get a fitness tracking device that tracks your calories, then you can work out your diet based on the actual calories you are burning - if you are burning 2000 calories a day, then 1500 calories food is perfect!

I call my eating and exercise plan a "lifestyle" not a "diet" - so far so good

This is just a suggestion I found very interesting when researching the science behind it, and not just reducing my calorie intake more because I thought it was the solution once I reached a plateau or wanted faster results.

Good luck everyone in your journeys! I'm sure there are some way cleverer people out there who can agree\disagree or offer some more helpful advice
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Oh my goodness!! You look so good!
  • botello89
    botello89 Posts: 38 Member
    AMAZING! CONGRATS
  • judym3
    judym3 Posts: 39 Member
    Wow! Thanks for sharing.
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Wow, Amazing! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!