Hello from Michigan

Options
I git injured in Military 11 years ago and slowly fell apart. I knew i was bigger but i saw myself on a trail camera last year and was disgusted how i looked. Very slow start due to cookie season.. i mean the Holidays. I waited until February to start and havent missed an exercise day yet. I ecen ran for 5 minutes! Which is a huge thing for me. Military days i ran every day and was close to breaking 5 minute mile barrier. 18 back procedures a double hernia and 7 knee surgeries later 5 minutes felt GREAT!! Good luck to you all!πŸ’ͺ🏻

Replies

• 71brad01
    71brad01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the typo's. My thumbs are to fat for my phone keyboard...πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,583 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome to MFP, from me elsewhere in Michigan!

It sounds like you're off to a wonderful start, conquering your challenges. Good show!

MFP can be a great help, with useful tools and a supportive, evidence oriented Community. It definitely helped me lose weight (obese to healthy weight) and maintain a healthy weight (5+ years now).

I hope it will be equally beneficial for you - your attitude suggests that it will.

Best wishes!

P.S. No worries about typos! I have the same issue, when on my phone. πŸ™‚
  • abm8399
    abm8399 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow Michiganders. Great to have the weather turning and getting outside! I am working on getting less fat, more fit, and changing me. Have any of you read the book Atomic Habits?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,583 Member
    Options
    abm8399 wrote: Β»
    Hi fellow Michiganders. Great to have the weather turning and getting outside! I am working on getting less fat, more fit, and changing me. Have any of you read the book Atomic Habits?

I have not read it. I can see how something like that could be helpful, but I've been breaking and building habits for so long now (I'm 65) that that wasn't really a key issue for me for weight management, odd though that may sound. What I really needed was a practical tool, it turned out, and MFP did that for me.
  • hottie67
    hottie67 Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    So happy you started and are sticking to it. Cheering you on from Texas! πŸŽ‰πŸ“£πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ€—

Also thank you for your service! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²