Post menopausal

Options
Lifetime member of a former weight management program. Hoping to loose 20lbs that I regained after menopause! I love to cycle and try to do some sort of exercise every day. Fingers crossed!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,069 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few of us around here who are in that post-menopausal camp . . . me, for one. (I'm 65, now maintaining weight after losing from obese to a healthy weight about 5 years back).

It's great that you have an activity that you enjoy: Really helpful. I was already pretty active when I joined MFP (on-water rower, mostly), so most of the habits I changed were on the eating side of the equation, nothing radical, but just "right sizing" calorie level and nutrition.

You'll find that there are a lot of cyclists here, everything from recreational cycling to serious technical cyclists/competitors. Most of the threads about that are over in the the Fitness part of the forum, or in Challenges, such as this one, for, example, which is an open "challenge yourself" kind of thing, with nice people in it:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10829022/april-2021-biking-cycling-bicycling-unicycling-tricycling-tandemming-challenge#latest

Have a look around, see what sounds fun, and potentially helpful to you. Welcome to the community, wishing you much success!