My workout plans

Options
Hi Guys,
I would like to share my workouts and diets, I've been writing programs and challenges for the past 7 years. For example I created a leg program that took my squat from 60 kg to 140 kg in 10 weeks.

Replies

• Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Ok, share then!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    All ears.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    Waiting.........
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    80 kg PR in 10 weeks?!? Do tell!!! :o
  • davew0000
    davew0000 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Obviously the OP seems a little spammy to me, but...

I’m a newbie impatiently waiting for the gyms to open tomorrow. I’ve never squatted seriously, just at home with a 40kg barbell.

I’d be confident I could squat 60kg and that’s probably where I’d expect to start on my first session, later this week hopefully.

I feel quietly confident of getting to 140kg in 10 weeks (though I may be horribly naive). The immediate goals I have in mind in terms of body weight ratios are 1x bench, 1.5x squat, 2x deadlift.

Is my head in the clouds? Maybe the OPs program involves being big and new to lifting? 😁

• nicosnyman2035
    nicosnyman2035 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome guys thanks for the support.

So I Trained legs every single day only resting on Sunday. I had lagging legs and had to bring them up for a rugby competition.

Each workout changed every single day.

I ate about 4000 cals a day with loads of milk and carbs.

Sample workout:
    20 min bike
    Foam roller
    Dynamic stretches.

Back squat
    Set 1 - 20 reps
    Set 2 - 3 -6 reps
    Set 3 -  3-6reps
    Set 4 - 1 -3reps
    Set 5 - 1-3reps
    Stiff leg deadlift 3 sets
    Lunges 3 sets with weights
    Box squats 3sets 5 reps sit on bench
    Step ups 2 sets of 5 reps

Afternoon - Run or hill runs.

Cheers guys hope this helps.
  • nicosnyman2035
    nicosnyman2035 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    davew0000 wrote: »

Obviously the OP seems a little spammy to me, but...

I’m a newbie impatiently waiting for the gyms to open tomorrow. I’ve never squatted seriously, just at home with a 40kg barbell.

I’d be confident I could squat 60kg and that’s probably where I’d expect to start on my first session, later this week hopefully.

I feel quietly confident of getting to 140kg in 10 weeks (though I may be horribly naive). The immediate goals I have in mind in terms of body weight ratios are 1x bench, 1.5x squat, 2x deadlift.

Is my head in the clouds? Maybe the OPs program involves being big and new to lifting? 😁

Cheers bro just be confident and push yourself, our bodies are amazing at adapting 😀 I started with cables and bodyweight only and then after I found the correct form and gain a bit of strenght I started doing weights. But good for you bro. Consistency is really key. Hope all goes well bro and just keep on going
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Cheers guys hope this helps.
    Not really...
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Allow me to elaborate:
    For example I created a leg program that took my squat from 60 kg to 140 kg in 10 weeks.
    You’ve provided no context for your progress. Perhaps the 60kg was an easy set of five and the 140kg was a max-effort single?
    Back squat
    Set 1 - 20 reps
    Set 2 - 3 -6 reps
    Set 3 - 3-6reps
    Set 4 - 1 -3reps
    Set 5 - 1-3reps
    Stiff leg deadlift 3 sets
    Lunges 3 sets with weights
    Box squats 3sets 5 reps sit on bench
    Step ups 2 sets of 5 reps
    You’ve provided exercise selection, volume and frequency with no indication of intensity. The only way I can see the majority of anybody completing this type of training six days a week for ten weeks while maintaining adequate recovery would be to use very low intensities. This seems a rather inefficient way to train for either strength or hypertrophy.

You’ve provided no indication of upper-body training.

You’ve provided no indication of long term planning or progress.

Cheers hope this helps.