My cutting diet

nicosnyman2035
nicosnyman2035 Posts: 10 Member
dtizyqu4fxfv.jpg

Fasted cardio and abs in the morning with 750 ml water with lemon and apple cider vinegar.
Meal 1: Shake
10 egg whites
50 grams oats
1 scoop whey protein
Meal 2:
1 x tin tuna
1 x Avo
Meal 3 & Meal 4
200 grams chicken/fish
50 grams mixed veggies
10 x almonds
Meal 5
250 grams chicken
Green salad
Meal 6:
10 egg whites
1 Scoop whey protein

What do you guys think?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    How do your calories and macros look like? Also, why ACV? You know that does nothing for you right? And if that is a current pic, why are you cutting
    Overall the plan doesn't sound unreasonable if you are ok with monotonous
  • nicosnyman2035
    psuLemon wrote: »
    How do your calories and macros look like? Also, why ACV? You know that does nothing for you right? And if that is a current pic, why are you cutting
    Overall the plan doesn't sound unreasonable if you are ok with monotonous

Thanks for the response.
    I only did it for 10 weeks, this was only an experiment i did. I was bulky and big before I started. And I would do it differently second time around. I did not have any knowledge about macros and counting calories. But currently with the help of my fitness pal, I'm tracking.

Currently I'm doing a 3000 cals a day.

And with the ACV, it was only a tip from a bodybuilder, so I don't disagree with you on that one.

Cheers
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,091 Member
    You look great OP. I suspect you know that already.
    That diet would kill my soul.
  • nicosnyman2035

Thank you!
    Prob the hardest 10 weeks of my life haha
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    Looking good, like you could end your cut!
  • nicosnyman2035
    alexmose2 wrote: »

Thanks Alex! Any bulking advice would be much appreciated
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    Good swimmers body. What is your goal?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    alexmose2 wrote: »

Thanks Alex! Any bulking advice would be much appreciated

Tragically, you cannot ask me, as every bulking attempt I have had is a failure in that I do not gain the weight. But I am really trying again starting tomorrow (or another day if I want to make my deload the full 7 days vs. 5....).
  • taylorelise_27
    taylorelise_27 Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you for the ideas!
  • fitnessguy266
    fitnessguy266 Posts: 150 Member

Thank you!
    Prob the hardest 10 weeks of my life haha

I'd say the diet looks wholesome from a nutrition standpoint for sure! Looking lean and mean OP, have you ever considered entering a Men's Physique show?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,721 Member
    tsazani wrote: »
    My cutting diet is far easier and more effective (less muscle mass loss). I eat my normal LCHF diet and add fasting and intermittent fasting.

You're young. That's why your cutting diet worked. Despite your high carbs and multiple meals.

I cut fine on 200g+ carbs, eating whenever I feel like it, usually 3 meals and random snacks, just keeping good nutrition and a small deficit. I'm 65.

OP's diet looks grim to me, but I don't think age is universally a key variable in eating strategy . . . more an individual one. 🤷‍♀️
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,721 Member
    tsazani wrote: »
    AnnPT77.

I WISH I could eat 200g of carbs. I would LOVE to be able to use the mTOR pathway to TRY and build some serious muscle. Just like you do.

Unfortunately I have a 15 year history of type 2 diabetes and was diagnosed with non-alcoholic fatty liver 20 years ago. I probably had fatty liver 15 years before diagnosing myself with the diabetes.

So I have to turn both mTOR and insulin OFF using a low carb diet and fasting so my body can burn fat.

No dispute that diabetes makes a difference in the dietary strategies that work.

You said "You're young. That's why your cutting diet worked. Despite your high carbs and multiple meals." Not all older people need to low carb, some may need to fast/IF. Certainly, some will find those strategies helpful, even if not absolutely essential to them. But it's not essential for all, as your comment implied it may be, which is why I commented. Balanced macros and nearly any eating schedule can work for some of us older folks . . . I won't say for all.

At 65 and female, my capacity to build muscle has certain limits, regardless. 😆