My first NSV - a gift to my granny!

Nettabee
Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
Since it’s officially 4/4/2021...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Old Lady! I miss you tons! ❤️

Last September or August I bought some new jeans and two pairs of shorts because I hadn’t much else going on outside of school and care taking with the pandemic.

In the shorts I bought “my size” in one and another a size up thinking the styles were different so they would both fit...NOT! I had gotten a size bigger and the pair I REALLY like wouldn’t go past my ham hocks...I mean thighs.

I’ve tried so many different ways for so many years to lose weight and was never successful in the long term. I put too much pressure on myself and gave up when I would plateau. Well after losing my grandma who always wanted me to be healthy and happy, I decided to take control of my eating since I couldn’t take control over anything else (like grief, family drama, and motivation with school). So I started a low carb lifestyle a couple weeks ago, which has been going very well so far and I’ve been doing everything I can to keep myself from getting discouraged. I use to be obsessed with weighing myself daily, but this time my goal is to only weigh in at doctors appointments.

So long story slightly shorter, I couldn’t tell you how much I’ve lost because I haven’t a clue! But what I do know is somehow, people are starting to notice and that made me want to pull out those thigh squeezers... I mean shorts again yesterday. And I’ll be da**ed if those suckers didn’t FIT! I have a long road ahead of me, but I have extra angels looking out for me now and I’m really hopeful that I’ll be successful I’m the thing! Here’s to hoping you’ll see more updates from me!

8uop1v4mx9tb.jpeg
7l3pyqs66exw.jpeg

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Netta, this is beautiful.

When things get roller-coastery as they so often do the first month or two or three til you settle in, remember your angel on your shoulder and know that she’s pulling for you.

Be patient and thoughtful.

When you no longer need these shorts, turn them into fabric flowers and go lay a bouquet on her grave. Your secret and your honor to her.

• jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    That is awesome. Just totally awesome. Congratulations finding new clothes in your wardrobe! I am guessing that when you put them on your face glows and you are so proud of yourself. If not, you should be! Keep that glow up in the front of you so that you can keep the momentum going!
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Congratulations on your "discoveries". Your granny is smiling down at you. Keep up the good work. It may not be easy at times, but in the long haul you will benefits with a healthier outlook on life. I've been there, done it. Down 95 lbs. since last July. You can do it too!
  • Lorri127
    Lorri127 Posts: 36 Member
    What a wonderful story! Great job!!! This is so awesome, girl. I'm sure Grandma is proud of you, and you should be so very proud of yourself too.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    o:)o:)<3:)
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 145 Member
    Thank you for sharing! I look forward to your updates:-)
  • BrightEyedAgain
    BrightEyedAgain Posts: 243 Member
    What a beautiful story!!! For you to turn such a painful situation into something wonderful is SO inspiring!! I hope you'll keep sharing your story as you go.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Fantastic job! 😃
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!