Written food journal?

Has anyone tried and had luck with writing in a food journal and logging that way? I do love MFP. Everything is right at your fingertips but I’m wondering if I need to change it up and see it on paper?

Replies

• holliesterr
    holliesterr Posts: 16 Member
    I sometimes feel like I'm extra for having a written food diary along with MFP. Though I find that it helps me see the whole picture. I have a weekly timed layout and write what I eat and also add in my workout info. I include my cals in and cals out, as well as when and what I meal prep for the week. If I remember ill note what time I slept.

I say try it out for a while and have fun with it, you might like it.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    edited April 2021
    I've been doing a written one for 9 months and on here as well, If I don't feel like doing one I do the other or both. Its helped me stay accountable and lose 30 lbs and counting.

You got this, either way it works. Keep up the good work. :)
  • LessOfLisa13
    LessOfLisa13 Posts: 13 Member
    I love keeping a journal, I find writing therapeutic so it definitely helps
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,454 Member
    I tracked for 5 years on paper. Using the computer makes me think I’m at work.

After the initial number crunching my food diary was mostly crude lists with something to identify what it was and a number. Since I eat the same things a lot it was pretty easy. Kept it out on the kitchen counter next to my food scale.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    edited April 2021
    Has anyone tried and had luck with writing in a food journal and logging that way? I do love MFP. Everything is right at your fingertips but I’m wondering if I need to change it up and see it on paper?

That's the way we (or I?) did it 30+ years ago. We didn't have MFP back then, we had paper, pens and the occasional book in the library that might list calories.

I much prefer logging through MFP!!