Seeking Friends to Share this Healthier Lifestyle Journey Together!

Hi, all! I am back on MFP. It worked before but I fell off the wagon. Ready to get back to it. Here are some details about me so if anything piques your interest, please add me!

-FitBit user so if you do the step challenges, I always participate!
- Super short (4'9") so if any of you folks are, too, you know there isn't many places for a few extra lbs to hide, lol. Trying to lose ~10 lb.
- 34/F...sadly realizing it's harder to lose weight as we age :(
- Originally from Denver, CO but spending some time in Cambridge, MA currently.
- My weakness is SUGAR. I am trying to consume less of it but it's a struggle! Can you relate?
- Would love to peek into your food diaries to get some inspiration. Of course, mine is open to you, too!

Cheers! Let's get moving!
-Jennifer

Replies

• debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Hi Jennifer...I am third time back so I can relate...and ALSO about Sugar...omg...I made determination to NOT have processed sugar, and I am 28days clean...cause ALSO a sugar junkie. I had a heart attack in 2009, not because I was overweight, but, sugar destroyed an artery, and placque build up. I vowed it would not happen again! I eat trail mix (dried cranberries and walnuts to keep hunger pangs away) which includes some sugar, but totally off candy, (m&m's my fave)... I am walking 6K steps so far a day...want to increase to 10K, but figuring out why my feet start to hurt...(lol...I am getting older)...but found I need to STRETCH ankles and found foot exercises on You Tube I started doing, plus got some inserts that are supposed to help. I am trying those with today's walk. I get to rambling...LOL... If you need a Pal...I will support you! I log in everyday. My Food diary is open!! Best Always! Debbie
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    I have been off and on this site since 2009...I lost count on how many times I have tried and fallen off the wagon ...This time around seems different ... I have logged in over 2 years ... I am eating keto due to health issues and I have lost 44 lbs so far ... You are welcome to add me :)
  • alwaysgreen17
    alwaysgreen17 Posts: 85 Member
    debilang wrote: »
    Hi Jennifer...I am third time back so I can relate...and ALSO about Sugar...omg...I made determination to NOT have processed sugar, and I am 28days clean...cause ALSO a sugar junkie. I had a heart attack in 2009, not because I was overweight, but, sugar destroyed an artery, and placque build up. I vowed it would not happen again! I eat trail mix (dried cranberries and walnuts to keep hunger pangs away) which includes some sugar, but totally off candy, (m&m's my fave)... I am walking 6K steps so far a day...want to increase to 10K, but figuring out why my feet start to hurt...(lol...I am getting older)...but found I need to STRETCH ankles and found foot exercises on You Tube I started doing, plus got some inserts that are supposed to help. I am trying those with today's walk. I get to rambling...LOL... If you need a Pal...I will support you! I log in everyday. My Food diary is open!! Best Always! Debbie

Debbie, so nice to meet you! I admire your determination to lead a healthy life after such a traumatic event as a heart attack! So scary! Yes, this is actually my third time around now that I think about it, LOL. I should look into these YouTube stretching videos! I injured my ankle a few years ago and it still isn't quite right so sometimes it hurts if I've been walking a lot.
  • alwaysgreen17
    I have been off and on this site since 2009...I lost count on how many times I have tried and fallen off the wagon ...This time around seems different ... I have logged in over 2 years ... I am eating keto due to health issues and I have lost 44 lbs so far ... You are welcome to add me :)

Kudos to you on getting back on that horse! That is incredible!!! I will definitely add you.
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 522 Member
    I'm not short, but I am a semi-reformed sugar fiend who, at 60, shares your feeling that keeping weight off past a certain age can be a bit more challenging. Like debilang, I had to cut added sugar out completely, because eating any amount leads to cravings for me. I am maintaining a 25lb loss at this point but always need active friends to keep me in line, because I go off the rails from time to time and backslide. I'm always trying to improve my strength and fitness routine, though mostly I exercise by walking my dogs, and I'm trying to avoid the cardiovascular problems that plagued my mother. Feel free to send me a FR if you are an active-type friend!
  • alwaysgreen17
    Zinka61 wrote: »
    I'm not short, but I am a semi-reformed sugar fiend who, at 60, shares your feeling that keeping weight off past a certain age can be a bit more challenging. Like debilang, I had to cut added sugar out completely, because eating any amount leads to cravings for me. I am maintaining a 25lb loss at this point but always need active friends to keep me in line, because I go off the rails from time to time and backslide. I'm always trying to improve my strength and fitness routine, though mostly I exercise by walking my dogs, and I'm trying to avoid the cardiovascular problems that plagued my mother. Feel free to send me a FR if you are an active-type friend!

It is reassuring that there is hope to overcome this sugar craze! Thanks for sharing. I walk my dog daily, too! A few 30 min HIIT/light weights/core focus workouts throughout the week. I will definitely add you!
  • N0M0Y0Y0
    N0M0Y0Y0 Posts: 30 Member
    Still learning this app. Looking for supportive community/friends to keep me inspired. Have lost about 55lbs. Still got about 180lbs to go.
  • alwaysgreen17
    rick60rt wrote: »
    Still learning this app. Looking for supportive community/friends to keep me inspired. Have lost about 55lbs. Still got about 180lbs to go.

Let's do this! I'm adding you. :)
  • CaydensMommy
    CaydensMommy Posts: 315 Member
    Hello everyone! We can do this! I had knee surgery last year in June. At peak covid restrictions. Igh...it ruined me. I would love to have you all add me and let's help motivate each other though this journey!
  • alwaysgreen17
    Hello everyone! We can do this! I had knee surgery last year in June. At peak covid restrictions. Igh...it ruined me. I would love to have you all add me and let's help motivate each other though this journey!

Sorry about knee surgery! Hope you're on the up and up now. Added you!
  • Margie_11
    Margie_11 Posts: 8 Member
    I also struggle with sugar! I lost 20kgs in 2018 but the bad habits have started creeping back in & I've gained some of the weight back. Chocolate is my issue. I can eat three chocolate bars, one after the other when I get stressed at work. This has been happening daily for the last few months. I decided to get back on MFP today. Would appreciate any help I can get.
  • Maxima0388
    Maxima0388 Posts: 20 Member
    Hello; returning as well since 2014 struggling with weight since leaving CrossFit and dealing with minor pain issues. Walking has been my go to along with yoga now since the first of the year. Would like to loose thirty lbs! Learning this Macro tracking -leaning on protein/fat with limited carbs- avoiding dairy, inflammatory grains, legumes; SUGAR, processed foods.
    Definitely ready for support from my MFP community!
  • alwaysgreen17
    Margie_11 wrote: »
    I also struggle with sugar! I lost 20kgs in 2018 but the bad habits have started creeping back in & I've gained some of the weight back. Chocolate is my issue. I can eat three chocolate bars, one after the other when I get stressed at work. This has been happening daily for the last few months. I decided to get back on MFP today. Would appreciate any help I can get.

I'm adding you right now!!! We can help each other gain control over sugar!!! I was eating dessert nightly, PLUS 3+ oreos, fun sized candy bars, etc. in a single day! But I've reigned that in and need to continue to work at it. We can do it!
  • alwaysgreen17
    Maxima0388 wrote: »
    Hello; returning as well since 2014 struggling with weight since leaving CrossFit and dealing with minor pain issues. Walking has been my go to along with yoga now since the first of the year. Would like to loose thirty lbs! Learning this Macro tracking -leaning on protein/fat with limited carbs- avoiding dairy, inflammatory grains, legumes; SUGAR, processed foods.
    Definitely ready for support from my MFP community!

CrossFit is intense! Glad you've found ways to still be active. Let's support each other!
  • naesdestiny
    naesdestiny Posts: 677 Member

I had knee surgery in October 2019 and still trying to get back into the swing of things!! It scares me but I love to hike
  • naesdestiny
    naesdestiny Posts: 677 Member
    I have started here and keep returning here after hitting rock bottom again. I have recently purchased a fitbit but haven't used it yet. I've used some app on my phone when hiking though. I had knee surgery in October 2019 but still kinda iffy on it but ik still gonna hike. Have been sick a lot this year already and have been trying to figure out the best vitamins to take to help me now! I'm here and wanna join and keep in line.
  • Maxima0388
    Maxima0388 Posts: 20 Member
    You got this, the fit bit is an awesome tool for measuring your movement, sleep.... MFP is super for nutrition and weight loss, with tremendous support by many! Let’s work at this together!
  • FrecklePatch
    FrecklePatch Posts: 71 Member
    Hi! I'd love to support and be supported! I am also a sugar addict. This is my 867th start.

I need to lose 50-60 lbs.
  • BeardedTXHulk
    BeardedTXHulk Posts: 4 Member
    I sent a request
  • nwoutdoorgrl
    nwoutdoorgrl Posts: 167 Member
    Hi! I'm a shorty as well (5'0"). I sent you a friend request 🙂