RENEW

Hello, I’m a middle aged women who continues to battle with weight, muscle & joint pain. I feel if I concentrate on nutrition more I can loose the unwanted weight and inflammation. I’m going use MFP along with my Apple Watch to get a better understanding how the food choices I make are effecting my progress with daily movement, sleep, and meditation/gratitude! I’ve set my goal @ 10 lb. loss increments over the course of 9-12 months, I truly wish to instill the nutrition knowledge into a full time lifestyle change! Excited to Renew!

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    What a great mindset you have @Maxima0388! How have the past few days of renewal been for you?
  • Maxima0388
    Maxima0388 Posts: 20 Member
    Going great! I was struggling setting up my macro goals as I’m trying anti-inflammatory diet along with looking up recommendations for Macros. MyFitnessPal is definitely a user friendly program for learning what’s going to work for my weight loss.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Glad to hear you're liking it so far and have already gotten the hang of it! You're a speedier learner than me. I've been using the app daily since JAN2020 but didn't really get into macros for months. Kudos; I look forward to seeing more of you around in the forums!
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Hi @Maxima0388 and @MaltedTea I just got into the information of macronutrients...carb, protein, and fat ratio. Just the word macronutrients is daunting LOL...If you need a pal to support everyday...I log daily...and will be starting a blog of my own journey with macrotracking. I am choosing the Low Carb High Fat which worked for me right after my Heart Attack in 2009. Information is key. Inflammation is a big reason why we have health problems...and HAPPY you are doing something about it!! Would love to exchange information :)
  • Maxima0388
    Sounds great!
  • susiemoo69
    susiemoo69 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi @Maxima0388 & @MaltedTea & @debilang I've just restarted after ten years. worked so well for me then over a decade a lot of weight has crept on, a few health issues joints etc so thought I'd give this a try again as I know it works if you stick to it, feel free to add me as a friend for support :) need to lose a couple of stone
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Have you decided what your macro goals are, @Maxima0388. Just curious. I am on low carb. MFP is generous...so that is a good thing.

@susiemoo69...I am adding you...I am the same...started in 2011...and this is my 3rd time back...VERY serious this time LOL...
  • Maxima0388
    This is based on what IIFYM site suggested based on my profile/ activity but actually had 500 more calories allotted - I kept calorie count suggested by MFP. Modified macros to match IIFYM’s macros %’s. IIDYM would then adjust after two weeks, based on results. I’m going to see how I feel and progressing. Definitely working this way; I can manage fairly well so far.