Any ladies losing weight for TTC purposes?

Options
I would love to start some type of buddy group if I'm not the only one!

Replies

• jenninsocal
    jenninsocal Posts: 419
    Options
    I would love to start some type of buddy group if I'm not the only one!
  • a20gleason
    Options
    you are not the only one! we have been TTC for 3 months now with no luck. we are going to try one more cycle and if nothing than i am determined to lose the 85lbs. if i do happen to get pregnant i am going to try to keep my weight gain on track so that after the baby i can get down to my target weight
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! We have been for 4 years, so I can offer advice if you need it :) I am a "pro".

Doctor is "making" me lose 100 lbs, 17 down isn't too bad but it seems so far away.

It will be nice to have a buddy!
  • a20gleason
    Options
    wow 4 years i would be nuts! do you have any other children? we have a son who will be turning two next month. 17lbs is awesome!!! i actaully joined weight watchers in november. i lost 5 lbs in 8 weeks, and have since started going in the other direction. i just cant seem to be able to get myself to stick with the program. :frown:
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    Nope this is #1

I joined a while ago, lost 25 lbs, then was off the plan for 3 months, and am back, hopefully for good this time!
  • a20gleason
    Options
    What do you do for exercise? that is my main problem, i need to find something that i love to do so i will want to do it. TAe bo is my fav but i need something to mix it up a bit. and working 60+ hours a week doesnt leave a lot of time.
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    Turbo Jam mostly. I would love to get an elliptical or treadmill, but need to save for it!
  • a20gleason
    Options
    turbo jam? never heard of it. i had a treadmill, sold it cheap!:explode: !! and now wish i had it back.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to do that, but I just wanted to let you know that my dad and stepmom tried to have a baby for 10 YEARS and nothing happened. Then once my stepmom and dad started exercising regularly and dropped some weight, *poof*, preggers. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • MAJackson88
    Options
    We've been trying for 1.5years now, no luck at all. Found out that I'm just not ovulating. Dr says loosing weight "might" help. =\
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    MAJackson... I hope it helps both of us then!
  • MAJackson88
    Options
    Me too!
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    We're not TTC yet, but we're planning on trying once I get closer to my goal weight - I'd love to lose at least 70 pounds before we start trying. I can't wait! Our first little one is almost a year old now, so we've got our hands full and aren't really in a hurry, but that doesn't mean I'm not excited. :happy:

Don't look at how far you have to go - celebrate that you've lost! 17 pounds is amazing - before you know it, you'll be at goal and then you'll have a good reason to gain weight. :happy:
  • a20gleason
    Options
    i hope it helps all of us!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I am not TTCing but I noticed 2 times I lost weight I was able to get preggo alot easier so wishing you ladies lots of luck!!!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    We will start TTC once I loose about 50-70 lbs. I am terrified of being pregnet at the weight I am currently. We are hoping within 1 year we can start trying.
  • kmaug
    kmaug Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm not TTC right now, but really want to when I have the weight off me. WE both really want to be healthy parents so its important to both of us to get healthy and lose weight before we have kids... gooood luck to all of you with trying! :wink:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I'm not actively trying but it is one of the main reason I wanted to lose weight. So that in the future it may be easier to conceive.

Best of luck to you ladies who are trying now :flowerforyou:
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    Welcome Ladies!

And thank you for all the well wishes!