Need New Friends!

Options
Hey everyone. I've been on MFP since 2014. When I first joined, I was VERY successful, and had lost a total of 85 pounds! I am very sad and ashamed to say that as of today, I've only been able to maintain 25 pounds of the weight I lost 7 years ago. Life happened, and somehow I crept back up to where I am now. 🤦🏽‍♀️ This is the largest I've been in 7 years, and I'm sure it's due to the pandemic, having a baby, (he's 1 year old now) and the deaths of my grandmothers. I was also in a very toxic relationships that I had to recover from. We've been broken up for a year, and are now battling over custody.

As you can see, I'm stressed out about quite a bit. Some things I won't mention, but I am in need of new MFP friends. I feel like I did better when I had a friend's list full of active people to motivate me, but my friend's list is pretty much dead now. I just log my food and log off, and I cheat way more than I use to. I REALLY want to get back down. I'm ready. Food is good, but I'm not ok with staying the size I am now. I do love myself, but my health is taking a slight hit due to my current weight. The weight NEEDS to come off. So far, I've lost 3-4 pounds in about a week. My first big goal is 48 pounds, but my first small goal is 19 pounds.

If you're active, need motivation, and can provide positive feedback and motivation, please add me! I'm willing to be here for you just the same!

Replies

• jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request! I lost 50 lbs from 2017-2018 and then life happened and gained 70 back. I’ve been back since January and have lost about 23 lbs so far. We can do this! 👍
  • Trashen
    Trashen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way in regards to needing the weight off
    I just logged back in today and need some friends who will be motivation, friendly and helpful. I'm adding you, please add me!
  • Lhenderson923
    Lhenderson923 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This sounds super similar to me! I lost 70lbs on MFP back in 2018. I maintained it pretty well with a little up and down but nothing crazy. I just had a baby 3.5 months ago and between pregnancy and COVID I ended up gaining 50lbs. I’m now back to my prepregnancy weight thanks to MFP, breastfeeding, and exercising when I can, but I would like to lose another 20lbs.