Letting the SD stuff go

Options
kennethmgreen
kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
This may not be a popular post. And I could lose some MFP friends over this. But I think it needs to be said.

Can we let the whole SD stuff go? At least the specific stuff about that particular user. I understand that the behavior that came to light was pretty egregious stuff. And I certainly hope MFP is taking steps to minimize this kind of thing in the future. But from what I've read about what actually happened, there was a shocking lack of people actually reporting the egregious behavior to moderators. I asked mods directly and every one I've communicated with said they heard about no reported PMs. I believe Mike posted the same. What do people expect?

So this crazy stuff came to light. And apparently the user is gone. Now what? How much discussion is productive? Where does it cross the line into useless b**ching? I think talking about ways to prevent this (keep flirting out in the open, reporting suspicious PMs, etc.) is good. Focus on the general stuff that will help others, not on one guy. Why give him that kind of power?

I care about my MFP friends, and feel bad for anyone that may have been sent messages that made them feel uncomfortable. I'm genuinely sorry it happened. But how about helping to make MFP better rather than just singling out one guy? Doesn't matter how bad his messages may have been - don't you think there are other people doing similar behavior on MFP? Wouldn't a proactive discussion about minimizing the *behavior* be more useful than multiple discussions vilifying (or supporting) one guy?

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Nice Viffer!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a post about San Diego.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    The message sent to me was reported, and I actually got reprimanded for reporting it from a moderator. I still have the message from the moderator. So that is completely untrue.
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    This thread is now Reported.. only because you mentioned the name, and I proclaimed I would report any post that referenced him by name.

I still love ya though :flowerforyou:
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    you won't lose this friend over it. You feel what you feel and said such. You are right, in that he is probably not the only one who has ever done such a thing. I just hope not to ever be on the receiving end of one again. That being said, I WILL report it and block the person, should it ever happen again.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I agree.
    Until there is a cure. :flowerforyou:
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    whatever happened the the girls that would just post pics of their boobs on their main pic? I think thats much better than the creepy dudes
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Im sorry but before he was gone, from what I heard, he needed to be singled out.

And whoever this mod is that got mad at people for reporting/complaining about him needs to not be a mod.
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Whats SD?
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Whats SD?
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Amen!. . Smile and move on!
  • bry_all01
    Options
    Whats SD?

sexual disease
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Oh, now my Drama Queen ears have been pricked. Wish I knew what you were talking about!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    I think you could just send the smarmy PMs to Mike. Don't reprint them or post them in the Forums.

And drama is gonna happen. Good luck stopping it.
  • bry_all01
    Options
    whatever happened the the girls that would just post pics of their boobs on their main pic? I think thats much better than the creepy dudes

boobies!!!! :bigsmile:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    The message sent to me was reported, and I actually got reprimanded for reporting it from a moderator. I still have the message from the moderator. So that is completely untrue.

if I were you I would send both to Mike,because that is not right
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Whats SD?

sexual disease

:laugh: :laugh:
  • ncgatorfan
    Options
    This may not be a popular post. And I could lose some MFP friends over this. But I think it needs to be said.

Can we let the whole SD stuff go? At least the specific stuff about that particular user. I understand that the behavior that came to light was pretty egregious stuff. And I certainly hope MFP is taking steps to minimize this kind of thing in the future. But from what I've read about what actually happened, there was a shocking lack of people actually reporting the egregious behavior to moderators. I asked mods directly and every one I've communicated with said they heard about no reported PMs. I believe Mike posted the same. What do people expect?

So this crazy stuff came to light. And apparently the user is gone. Now what? How much discussion is productive? Where does it cross the line into useless b**ching? I think talking about ways to prevent this (keep flirting out in the open, reporting suspicious PMs, etc.) is good. Focus on the general stuff that will help others, not on one guy. Why give him that kind of power?

I care about my MFP friends, and feel bad for anyone that may have been sent messages that made them feel uncomfortable. I'm genuinely sorry it happened. But how about helping to make MFP better rather than just singling out one guy? Doesn't matter how bad his messages may have been - don't you think there are other people doing similar behavior on MFP? Wouldn't a proactive discussion about minimizing the *behavior* be more useful than multiple discussions vilifying (or supporting) one guy?

BRAVO! LET'S MOVE ON!
  • Kaycurrier
    Options
    did someone say boobies?
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Whats SD?
    hmm... to answer, or not to answer.

Wanna buy a vowel?
This discussion has been closed.