The Diamond Challenge (DITR) Round 5 Week 4

Options
Welcome Diamonds to the last week of Round 5! Congratulations to those who stuck it out with us for the last few weeks, you are all troopers!

I will be sending everyone on my e-mail list an early registration form before we move onto the waiting list. So no worries about having to compete for a spot in Round 6 ladies, you all get first dibs! If you plan on continuing with us FANTASTIC, if not we wish you luck!!

Another fantastic week for DITR! Way to go ladies!!

WeighIn2.jpg

Congrats to Keeley on her amazing loss this past week!! Way to go girl!! Congratulations to all our losers!

This week is Spirit Week Ladies! We use the last week of the Challenges to help motivate and show our team spirit on the forums!

Wednesday: Please change your profile picture to any picture that highlights your team color! (Pink, Blue, Yellow)
Thursday: Change your profile picture to a picture of yourself. We want to see our beautiful Diamonds!
Friday: Change your profile picture to your team logo (You can find DITR logo in the blog). Show your team spirit!!

At the end of each Challenge I tally up all the individual losses for the entire challenge. I will then announce who our Biggest Loser was! If you want to be included, please submit your weight loss for the week to me by midnight, Friday PST.

Upcoming QOTD
Tuesday: Kris24824 & Anitasf
Wednesday: Jend114
Thursday: Ehlertmartha
Friday: Yanina6 & Clioandboy
Saturday: Foxieboxy & Starleng
Sunday: Aleenaz & dc_amaryllis

Replies

• jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Happy monday ladies!

Great weight loss!
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Ok, so it's time for the first QOTD:

I'm a person that likes to reflect on things and analyze them to see if I could be doing something different. However, the main reason is because I've been seriously hurt by alot of people in my life and I DO NOT want to hurt others. One of the things I've noticed is for some people, when they finally lose their weight they tend to lose themself and become a bit mean. Sort of like, they forget where they started and what they went through so they gain confindence but lack compassion for others. I feel that no matter what we do in life we should always try to use our experiences for good and to help others. So here's my question:
    How do you plan on using your weightloss as a tool to help others succeed?
  • KeeleySue
    Options

I'm a person that likes to reflect on things and analyze them to see if I could be doing something different. However, the main reason is because I've been seriously hurt by alot of people in my life and I DO NOT want to hurt others. One of the things I've noticed is for some people, when they finally lose their weight they tend to lose themself and become a bit mean. Sort of like, they forget where they started and what they went through so they gain confindence but lack compassion for others. I feel that no matter what we do in life we should always try to use our experiences for good and to help others. So here's my question:

That's a tough question. I'm doing this journey just as much for my husband and girls as I am for me. I hope that that I can teach and inspire them to eat healthy and get exercise. That it really is something that's important and something you should make time for.

My girls are 5 and 2 1/2. I don't want them to struggle with their weight like I have. I was never taught healthy eating or moderation. I want my girls to LEARN this now, so it's not something they have to deal with later. I want it to be natural for them.

ETA: Just wanted to say THANK YOU to all the other Diamonds. I couldn't have done as well this week without all of your support. =)
  • Starleng1
    Options

As encouragement, if I can do it then so can you. Everyone is different and will need to find a way that works for them. I tried several ways, but found what will and so don't give up.
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I would like to think I would help others succeed.

I too want my kids to learn healthy eating habbits. My Husband is on this journey with me, which I think makes it easier to succeed. No more fighting over which groceries to buy. Now, we all eat the same thing whereas before everyone was on board I had to fix my meal then the family meal. So, everyone is benefiting from this lifestyle change.

I tend to talk to anyone who will listen, esp if the subject is on me :bigsmile: So, if someone asks how I am doing it it I share. I hope that is helpful to others.
  • romade188
    romade188 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    How do you plan on using your weight loss as a tool to help others succeed?

I hope to use my successes as inspiration for my friends and family, and hope that they is turn will do the same for their friends. We need to pay it forward.
  • romade188
    romade188 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Here is my QOTD:

So, every once in a while I just completely lose all my willingness to exercise. I just don't feel like doing, and fall into so old bad habits. So this is my question for you.

When you start to feel like you are losing motivation, how do you get yourself back on track?
  • KeeleySue
    Options
    Here is my QOTD:

So, every once in a while I just completely lose all my willingness to exercise. I just don't feel like doing, and fall into so old bad habits. So this is my question for you.

When you start to feel like you are losing motivation, how do you get yourself back on track?

My own motivation is not what gets me back on track. Just doing it does.

I won't have any motivation to get on the treadmill but I know that I just need to do it even though I don't want too. I've noticed that once I'm on, it's not as bad as I was thinking and when I'm done, I always feel really good.
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Here is my QOTD:

What gets me back on track is the memory of my boys struggling to pick me up off of my floor the first time I did a workout. Gets me going everytime. :smile:
  • mrscampbe11
    mrscampbe11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Double whammy's on QOTD's...

So 1) How do you plan on using your weight loss as a tool to help others succeed?
    Not really sure about this - most of my friends are slim already and my mum's too far away (and stubborn) for me to influence. I guess just by proving that it can be done without paying lots of money or using fad diets to help inspire other people. I hope I don't become mean and skinny! (Just skinny!!)

Q2) When you start to feel like you are losing motivation, how do you get yourself back on track?
    Ha, did you see my 'negative' day last week? I have in the past just given up, so I'm hoping this time is different. Compliments from people help, and also having a couple of days where I still log but don't give a stuff about actual numbers seem to have helped this time. My fiance helps by being positive and focussing on how far I have come, rather than how far I have to go which is normally what puts me off. I'm hoping this accountability to my Diamond girls is extra motivation, bring on the final weigh in and Round 6!

:flowerforyou:
  • sandislim
    Options
    QOTD: How do you plan on using your weightloss as a tool to help others succeed?

I am hoping I will set a great example to my family around me. I am usually the one that's ignored or not really taken seriously I would love for my family to look up to me and follow my example. On another note you raised, I think I will probably have a mean streak if I ever succeed at this weight loss goal - but it won't be to those that are overweight thats for sure ;-) I don't like seeing people put down for any reason!

QOTD2: When you start to feel like you are losing motivation, how do you get yourself back on track?

I read a fantastic article online about not using motivation as a tool to get you to exercise. This person said that having a work ethic is better. In other words you have to do x and x because its your job, not because you want to. He said motivation isn't something to be relied on as it comes and goes.

So I try to have a work ethic - I say I have to eat this way because its my job to, I have to exercise because its my job and there's no getting out of it, I don't have a choice.

But inevitably I still get days where I don't feel like it as much and I use an episode of the biggest loser it gets me back on track in no time. I know its a silly unrealistic show, but at the end of the day these are real people with real results and that inspires me so much!

Food is much harder to stay on track. Preparation I think is much more powerful than motivation with diet. If I have a pre-prepared healthy meal in the fridge just waiting to be eaten I'm more likely to eat that then rubbish.

I also think that having too much pressure to be perfect makes getting back on track harder - so I tend to believe that if I stay on track 80% of the time I am doing 80% better than before and that is fantastic - it also means that if I go off track a little bit it doesn't matter so much and I can get on track without blowing the whole day or week.
  • sistermooooon
    Options

Great question!!!
    It feels liberating to actually finally put myself before all else...within reason, of course. I'm standing up for myself finally and saying "I deserve this time, or this healthy meal, or to feel worthy!" That feeling is like none other. So if I can help instill that self confidence, the knowledge and acceptance that we are worthy, and a love of self into my 3 children, this will be THE best thing to come of my change in lifestyle. My children are benefiting from me taking the time for myself for exercise, healthy meals, etc. Which in turn, makes me a more pleasant, active mother. :) I do find myself turning down the sweet snacks at work, the birthday cupcakes that seem to be a weekly event around my job, and saying No to those that ask if I want something from McDonald's or Culver's or wherever they may be going to lunch. Just by my will power to say no, has caused some co-workers to look inward and decide they won't have the sugary treats either. I don't ram my lifestyle changes down their throat, but if they are encouraged by watching me and my many, many bottles of water throughout the day, then that's awesome! I will never, ever forget where I came from and the work it's taking to get where I want to go. I just have to look at my 4 yr old daughter and her pictures of her at birth weighing less than 2 pounds. She was born at 27 weeks because of complications to my high blood pressure. I owe my children a healthy mom.
  • sistermooooon
    Options
    My own motivation is not what gets me back on track. Just doing it does.

I won't have any motivation to get on the treadmill but I know that I just need to do it even though I don't want too. I've noticed that once I'm on, it's not as bad as I was thinking and when I'm done, I always feel really good.
    [/quote]

Exactly!!! I always think it's going to suck, it's going to be "too hard", I don't like sweating...blah blah blah, and then I get out there and just do it and realize that it's not as bad as my dumb brain tried to convince me it was going to be. LOL
  • sistermooooon
    Options
    What gets me back on track is the memory of my boys struggling to pick me up off of my floor the first time I did a workout. Gets me going everytime. :smile:
    [/quote]

oh my goodness, SO FUNNY!!! Were you peeking in my window? Because that is exactly how it went down for me too in the beginning!!! LOL
  • kris24824
    kris24824 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone on there losses!!

Wow, what a question!! I'm not sure how to answer, but I've always been an open book about my story and journey, and I hope to keep that up. Let me know they can do it and what worked for me.

I try to remind myself that I never regret a workout! I always feel great once I get out there and do it!! Also, I always set goals and sign up for things, 5ks, tris, bike rides, etc. That why I have to stay motivated!!
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    QOTD: How do you plan on using your weight loss as a tool to help others succeed?

I want to be a healthy inspiration for my son. Right now his diet is kept somewhat strict d/t a medical diagnoses. I worry that when he starts to make his own decisions on the food he eats, he may get carried away with all the things he has missed out on. If he sees my husband and I living a healthier lifestyle, he might be more inclined to follow suit.
    QOTD2: When you start to feel like you are losing motivation, how do you get yourself back on track?

Ooooh boy...this is a tough one for me. I find myself lacking motivation often lately. I give excuses like I am tired, or I have no time because I am in the process of finishing up school. I need to give myself a swift kick in the butt and stop making excuses. I have worked too hard for these past 30+ lbs, to give up now! I have recently printed off some motivational quotes and taped them around my house. That way no matter what I am doing, I will be reminded of what is important!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Oooooo! these are great questions. Enough to get you thinking.

I struggled for so long to lose weight. I never got into fad diets. I am not a yo yo dieter. I had not been able to lose wieght, and then gain it back. It just never came off. I think the only thing that works for me is exercise. For some reason I was good at maitaining my wieght. (i gained it when I was pregnant the first time and kept it ever since) I dont' think it was my diet that was totally horrible. Part of it was portion control.

Which makes me answer to the second part of this question. It is hard to stay motivated. I am a goal setter. I love a challenge. If I have something to challenge me it keeps me motivated. I do like someone comment about making it a work ethic thing. I think I might try that. I like it and it is something that will help me to maintain and lose more.

Best wishes everyone.

Thanks for being here and sharing with us all. We all provide thin threads, you never know what thin thread you will provide to help someone else make thier rope stronger.
  • foxieboxy
    foxieboxy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight losses this week ladies!

QOTD: How do you plan on using your weightloss as a tool to help others succeed?

When people ask me -- I'm honest with them. For years I looked for the easiest/quickest way to lose weight and it never stayed off. This weight loss is due to changing the way I looked at food and exercise. I also didn't really know what to do, so I found a great resource and that has really paid off for me. Plus, one thing I did NOT do well was taking time for myself after my children were born for exercise and taking care of myself. Not that I'm a martyr or any different than any other busy woman/wife/mom/what have you -- but not taking the time to make sure I'm healthy is not the role model I want to be. Now 11 and 7 years later -- I am trying to be that role model, and it really does make a difference for me. So, I guess long story short just sharing my experience when people ask and being honest about the struggle.

I try something new -- or just suck it up and power through and usually get back into the swing pretty quick.

Erika
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Stepping on the scale & seeing a gain is motivation enough for me.

I need to find a new gym, so have not worked out in over a week. I have noticed a difference. Will need to get signed up with a gym as soon as I get back from vaca
  • kris24824
    kris24824 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    9/13 QOTD: Does anyone have short term or long term athletic goals? If so, what are they? If no, do you plan on setting any?

Answer: I just spent the last 4 months training for an Olympic distance triathlon, and did it last Sunday, except it was only a duathlon, as the swim got cancelled due to all the rain we have been getting in DC. So I'm looking for a sprint distance tri to do in the next few weeks.

After that, I'd like to start C25K again and work my way up to a half-marathon. Long term, I want to be able to keep up with my husband and do whatever he does.