Help! How to regain fat I lost in my butt?

How do I regain the butt fat I accidentally lost trying to working out?

Hi, so about a few weeks ago I started trying to work out on my glutes hoping they would grow bigger, but I didn’t account for my diet(not taking any supplements or enough protein to make up for fat lost)and so my butt has visibly shrunk. I think I’ve been losing fat there and I can feel it too.

I’ve always had a rather large butt and now I’m panicking, I don’t know what to do and I’m afraid that if I do anything more to mess with my glutes, they’ll get smaller. What do I do? Eat lots of fatty foods to hopefully watch it grow back? Help!!!

Replies

• Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    It will take longer to build muscle there than it takes to build fat, but that's probably the approach you want (especially since you can't tell your body where to put fat, but at least you can kind of tell it where to put muscle).

I would look into Bret Contreras for help on re-growing your glutes with muscle, even while in a SLIGHT calorie deficit. I lost weight slowly and managed to build up my glutes a bit while following his program in his Glute Lab book. I, too, have always had a bigger butt, but unfortunately that doesn't necessarily mean strong, which is what you want (I think?). Having strong glutes can help to prevent back problems.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    Did you ever read Stephen King's book Thinner?

Being on the MFP forums has RUINED Thinner for me :(
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    How do I regain the butt fat I accidentally lost trying to working out?

Hi, so about a few weeks ago I started trying to work out on my glutes hoping they would grow bigger, but I didn’t account for my diet(not taking any supplements or enough protein to make up for fat lost)and so my butt has visibly shrunk. I think I’ve been losing fat there and I can feel it too.

I’ve always had a rather large butt and now I’m panicking, I don’t know what to do and I’m afraid that if I do anything more to mess with my glutes, they’ll get smaller. What do I do? Eat lots of fatty foods to hopefully watch it grow back? Help!!!

If one's butt, or any body part for that matter, is rather large due to a high level of body fat, having it get smaller would be a good thing in my mind.

Agreed to a point sir. If you want glutes, you gotta work them. I recommend you look into Bret Contreras' work. AKA: The Booty guy.
  • owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    If you can rollerskate/blade I recommend that for a fun and 'easy' way to rebuild your rear; rather than doing donkeys and dogpiddles. If you can't skate - there's your incentive to learn. A couple of miles a few days a week and you'll see the difference pretty quickly, and if you really get into it google skate marathons see if there's any fun ones near you (i.e. UK - South Coast Roll @ Castle Combe).

Beware of winds over 10mph! Anything over 15mph don't go rec skating - it's brutal.