Running 2 days in a row

Options
I'm doing c25k and starting week 7 this week. I went for my last run yesterday. Will I be okay to run today? I work 12 hour shifts and feel drained running when I run on the 2nd or 3rd day of work. It's my first day of work today. Will it be okay running today?

Replies

• skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You'll definitely feel it more today if you do run - but it may not be that dissimilar to how you feel on the 2nd/3rd work day. There are peeps who (work up to) running twice a day... so this should be fine. Just listen to your body, make sure you warm up/stretch after and get adequate rest per week. Enjoy your run!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    You should be fine. Just keep an easy pace as you run, slow jog not sprint.

You might consider doing your runs before work, so that you aren't fighting after work exhaustion.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I see how I'm feeling and train accordingly - some days running back to back (or even yesterday with a 2hr walk in the morning followed by my 3rd best 5K time in the evening) is fine, and other times I want that time off in between. On the occasions when I have run two days in a row, I've not felt any ill effects from doing so, but it's not something I plan in the diary on purpose.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Lots of people run pretty much everyday...probably not a good idea for an unconditioned beginner, but as long as you're getting recovery I don't see running on back to back days at times being a particular issue.
  • Jayj180894
    Jayj180894 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!