Looking for Support. Restarting after 35 pound gain.

Female 35, Currently 267, was 232. I stopped paying attention, I stopped caring and gave up. Now when I want to feel like myself again I find I’m not only restarting but doing so with a 35 pound gain. I want to be healthier and I want to lose the weight I gained. I’m looking to be a lot more active to keep up with my spouse, my fiends, my family. Looking for support. I enjoyed my journey before, I hope I can do it again.

Replies

• qslowe
    qslowe Posts: 3 Member
    I am also starting over after gaining back 20 lbs. I was doing Keto, but my body says it is time to change up. I also want to be healthier and lose back what I have gained. You can do this, and I can do this. One day at a time.
  • m3eubanks3
    m3eubanks3 Posts: 5 Member
    It feels good to get started again and to know I’m not alone in this. The last year has certainly been crazy and has wrecked havoc on most of our day to day. Until recently I just didn’t realize how much it had affected my physical health. I’m glad to start again on this journey!
  • TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    I am right there with all of you. 53 years old. Was at my best in health, weight and lifestyle at 50. Unfortunately used exercise and dieting as an escape from a bad marriage. Ended that three years ago and have slowly added 30 pounds back on. I basically stopped watching what I ate and stopped exercising. Now I feel awful, sleep poorly and can't fit into any of my clothes. I started back on the app a few weeks ago. I find tracking my food has helped me cut a few things that have helped cause the gain. I am struggling with wanting to do things too quickly and then becoming discouraged. It's nice to know others are having the same issues and that there is support out there. Good luck to all of you. WE CAN DO THIS!
  • SEmerson53
    SEmerson53 Posts: 3 Member
    I also am starting over after years of stepping away. started the low carb diet and have lost 17ibs in weeks. feels good to start over btu i allowed to long to pass.
  • mobag4086
    mobag4086 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm here too! I gained 15kg since 2019 when I lost weight due to having a pulmonary embolism. Now I'm just fat and unfit. Have joined a physio gym and trying to limit my calories but it's so haaaaaaaaaaaard!! I'm trying not to moan about it to much and just get on with it. I think I need a bit of ritual humiliation each week with weighing in and accountability.
  • TinaLeigh67
    I'm finding the older I get the faster the weight comes on and the slower it is to take off. Learning patience with this process. Learning I'm not very patient LOL
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    In 2019 I was 130lbs which was my best weight and started this journey at 161.0lbs. I'm down 6lbs but I don't put on weight gracefully so that 31lbs was far more noticable on me than most. My first 3 weeks there was no scale movement. Now I'm down 6lbs in 22days and steady declining. I gained weight post surgery and originally lost it due to chronic nausea pre surgery. This time it's going to be healthy eating in moderation and exercise continuously tracked. I also want to learn how to maintain my weight as well once I reach my goals.
  • TinaLeigh67
    Maintaining is the difficult thing for me. I started out 5 years ago at 150 and in two years got down to 118. That was really a bit too low. I feel I should be around 125. Life circumstances changed for me three years ago and 30 pounds have crept up on me. The 10 gained this past year were the most noticeable. None of my clothes from last summer fit. I need to get the weight off and figure out the best way to maintain that loss so I don't end up doing this every two to three years.
  • drollings2019
    drollings2019 Posts: 95 Member
    @m3eubanks3 I've started over more times than I want to admit. I lose it, gain it back, lose it, gain it back. I am so sick of being in that cycle! Rather than going crazy this time, I am taking it slow. I'm starting with calorie counting and working my way up to the macros. I'm walking every day and working my way up to the strength training and more intense cardio. I find myself making better choice every day. I can easily say no to the donuts or ordering lunch with co-workers. I have brought my lunch to work every day for the last three weeks. I'm struggling a little bit today with the weather turning cold (I like my warm sunny days) and I skipped my walk. I have felt bad about it all morning so I will be headed out to walk on my lunch in a bit.

@langstontl I find the same thing! I lost a lot of weight a few years ago, and it is just not coming off as quick this time. It can be very frustrating.

Good luck to everyone on your journey's!!
  • TinaLeigh67
    @drollings2019
    Good luck on your journey. I'm doing the calorie counting as well and increasing my exercise. I am not a cardio person and have found in the past that I do better with strength training. I did macros years ago. It was a challenge, but it worked. I wish you the best!
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    A lot of this resonates with me. 10 years ago I lost around 40 lbs after the birth of my youngest and since then it has all come back on. Over the last 3 years I have started and stopped, mainly due to how much more difficult it is this time around. I started this recent journey just over 3 weeks ago and have put all my energy and focus into developing an eating and exercise lifestyle I can maintain AFTER I lose the weight.
  • JustaNoob
    JustaNoob Posts: 147 Member
    edited April 2021
    I am on my way back down after a gain and honestly starting is the hardest part. I was down to 219, got back up to 252, and now I am 242. I was really struggling to lose and felt like I was on a rollercoaster, losing a little M-F and gaining it back on weekends. After I got a couple good weeks under my belt, I felt really good and feel like it is so much easier.

You totally can do this again. I say celebrate every pound you lose on this round as if it was the first time you lost it. No use in living in the past.... believe you can!
  • m3eubanks3
    m3eubanks3 Posts: 5 Member
    It reassuring to hear that I’m not alone. I’ve had a hard time getting back on track and want to make sure I have a solid foundation. I’m going to take it slow and steady!
  • adrobe930
    adrobe930 Posts: 1 Member
    I am right there with all of you. I am back on the wagon and praying I can complete this journey.
  • cjhuerta22
    cjhuerta22 Posts: 4 Member
    I have gained around that same amount. 30 pounds in a year. I had very little incentive during 2020 with everything shut down. I went from running a half marathon in 2019 to barely able to run a couple miles in 2021. But it's time to start fresh, so keep at it
  • mommy2emm
    mommy2emm Posts: 1 Member
    I was at my lowest weight since the birth of my 3 kids back in the beginning of 2020. When schools shut down, I slipped into bad habits and used eating as my stress management tool. I've gained about 20 pounds in the past year, and all the progress I've made in losing inches has vanished. Trying to take take this one meal at a time, and get back to focusing on tracking calories.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    I got sick. Yep, the C word. So as I was limited (still am) in what I ate, I lost 100 pounds. Yep. Just like that. Know what instant loss gives you?? Flabby bits :( I was told to gain weight, even tho i was above my ideal weight. 160 at that point, and loving it, but really unhealthy. Low potassium, magnesium, you name it. So now I'm at 230. I need to lose.. ohh ,90 would be nice, but, even 50 works. Issues - there's not much I can eat. I have no taste buds, no sense of smell (throat cancer - in remission) but a serious problem with swallowing. I know this all sounds like a dieters dream, but honestly it's no fun .. my knee hates me, no joke. I don't have an appetite and exercise involving knees is a no go.. torn ACL..
    So any advice, suggestions, friends, Glady welcomed
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    40 years old and I'm trying again too.
    Blummin hard work, i spent lock down 1 not being able to run as I wrecked my ankle on a run and then did my other ankle at the start of the 2nd lock down. My running has gone from stupid long distances to 10k at the most. My waistline has expanded dramatically and never has it felt so hard to lose weight.
    Add me, we all need friends on this roller-coaster x