The "HOLY MOLY IT HAS THAT MANY CALORIES" Thread

Options

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    A DQ Blizzard is finally now in mini but still >400 cals! Plus it's still overpriced when you compare it to a McDonalds McFlurry. You are better off spending $1.25 for a skinny cow individual cup then there are no remaining tempting leftovers, it's 1/3 the price of DQ and 1/3 the cals!

EDIT: Dam, H2Ologist beat me to it on the DQ bashing! ;)
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Chili's Grilled Bbq Chicken Salad Nutrition

CALORIES FAT CARBS PROTEIN SODIUM
    1060 63g 50g 76g 2190mg

One of my fav's. I get the half-size at lunch now.
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    After reading some of these posts, my only question is.....how can anyone ask how we can be overweight?????? It is unbelieveable how many calories are in "our favorite foods". One meal out equals three meals cooked at home calorie wise.
    HOW UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Quesdilla Explosion salad from Chilis....1400 calories. It is supposed to be a salad people!!
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Large McDonald's Caramel Frappe
    680 calories.....*cries*
  • cdc33
    cdc33 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Wow total eye opener Ive been eating at home alot as I cant afford to spend all my calories on one meal. CRAZINESS
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    yeah...i freaked out at the calories at Olive Garden....my FAV!!!

THIS!! i used to LOVE eating there... mom wanted to go for her b-day and i looked it up online so that i would know ahead of time what i was ordering... OMG! i was shocked. i wasn't expecting EVERY dish to be over 1,000 cals. before bread and salad.

yeah, we went to a local crab shack instead.
  • melbaby925
    Options
    Before I started MFP, and before I started tracking my consumption - I used to be in LOVE with the Starbucks White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha.

THEN I looked up the calories: for my Venti, no whipped cream (because I was being 'good') - 590 calories, 15g of fat, and ...wait for it...94..94g of SUGAR.

I thought it was the caffeine that was making me jittery - apparently, I was trying to give myself diabetes before breakfast.

And I was puzzled because I couldn't lose weight...BAH! I was an idiot. Now I look up everything before I put it in my mouth and measure everything.
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Bertuccis individual sized cheese pizza. (no toppings - 4 slices, it fits on a dinner plate).

880 calories
    34 grams of Fat, 10 saturated
    1,360 mg of sodium

Oh, you want to have a slice of cheese cake for dessert?

940 calories
    68 grams of fat, 39 saturated
    660 mg of sodium
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    This one actually broke my heart. Miso salmon from Cheesecake Factory:

1673 calories
    2416 mg of sodium

I will miss you, plate of deliciousness...

CCF--Miso-Salmon--med-res.jpg
  • H2Ologist
    H2Ologist Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    A DQ Blizzard is finally now in mini but still >400 cals! Plus it's still overpriced when you compare it to a McDonalds McFlurry. You are better off spending $1.25 for a skinny cow individual cup then there are no remaining tempting leftovers, it's 1/3 the price of DQ and 1/3 the cals!

EDIT: Dam, H2Ologist beat me to it on the DQ bashing! ;)

Sorry, I almost DIED when I entered it into my dairy. No supper for me :(
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    This one actually broke my heart. Miso salmon from Cheesecake Factory:

1673 calories
    2416 mg of sodium
    How the hell do you take a piece of salmon and turn it into 1673 calories?!? That sauce must just be liquified lard.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    The restaurant salad thing makes me mad all day long if I think about it.

I've been one who looks restaurant nutritional info up before I go there for years now, but so many people are duped into thinking they're making healthy choices and "being good" when they order a salad instead of a cheeseburger. Well, the joke is on them since most of the time, the cheeseburger is lower calories!

No wonder America is fat, right?
  • Baesaman
    Options
    I was shopping at sam's club and was at the bread section and I saw some muffins. I peeped at the nutrional values and it was something like 500+ calories with 80+g carbs. my face O_O lol
  • 8rules
    8rules Posts: 169
    Options
    I always get sticker shock at the calories in the "low fat" or "lite" versions with reduced fat but really no calorie difference as they replaced fat with sugar.

Or you give up virtually no calories for a lot of flavor

Example:

1% milk vs 2% milk. Save 10 calories, get a product with much more processing as a result (1% milk is fortified with powdered milk which contains a tonne of oxidized cholesterol). Ill take the 10 calories, thanks.

Lower fat peanut butter often ends up pretty much the same, only you get more sugar.

Pointless substitution of fat with sugar in so many processed foods and baking.
  • BrianTheNegotiator
    Options
    The Banzai Burger from Red Robin = 1048 calories. This does not include fries or a drink. I ate one of these, but I planned for it, so I still got under my calorie count that day. And damn, was it good.

I got the Fat Free French Vanilla Cappuccino from Speedway. Looked it up = still the same calories (I think 280 for a 16oz.). So next time I got the Sugar Free French Vanilla Cappuccino. Looked it up = 200 calories for a 16oz. Damn! Had to emergency work that one off.

And finally, the Banana Creme Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory = 760 calories. I planned for that one. Delish.
  • crazyeaCHANGED
    Options
    slice of cheesecake at red robins = 1200cal!! yummy, but wow!!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    The Banzai Burger from Red Robin = 1048 calories. This does not include fries or a drink. I ate one of these, but I planned for it, so I still got under my calorie count that day. And damn, was it good.
    The Banzai Burger from Red Robin is worth every - single - one of those calories. Mmm. Mmm. Good!
    I'd gladly plan for that baby.
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    After reading some of these posts, my only question is.....how can anyone ask how we can be overweight?????? It is unbelieveable how many calories are in "our favorite foods". One meal out equals three meals cooked at home calorie wise.
    HOW UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing!! & they wonder why America is soo fat! A lot of people eat out several times a week due to time restraints & have no idea how many Cal's per week they r packing away! I know I didn't!! When I started mfp & started realizing how many Cal's u should have in a day & how many were in certain foods I thought "man just counting my cals is gonna make me lose weight! Being that I'm only intaking about 1/3 as I used to!"
  • skinnny1day
    Options
    Mexican food!

On The Border Fish Tacos w/ Rice & Beans = 2,100 calories!!!