How'd ya meet your S/O???

Options

Replies

• Heidi64
    Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My hubby worked security in my dorm (student job). I had a crush on one of his co-workers, one of his other co-workers asked me out, but somehow I ended up with him. That was 27 years ago.:love:
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    The hubster and I met on gaydar. He told me me in a chatroom that I was too sexy for my own good, we PM'd each other arranged to meet and last year on the 4th anniversary of our first real-life date we got married. :love:
  • elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    We met in an online dating service PoF! But after a year of rubbish dates (with other people!), I'd had enough and removed my profile. My final act was to message the cute guy who sent me a message every now and then to say I was leaving and gave him my email if he wanted to keep in touch. Well he did, and we've been dating for 9 months now :smile:
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Online, on IRC
  • cassiopeia1975
    Options
    My now ex-husband had just walked out on me & my babies for a younger model.
    A friend offered to babysit a few nights a week so i could get a job to earn a few extra £'s. I started working in a bar where he went and we got chatting.
    He was going away on buisness to Paris & i asked him to bring me a picture of the eiffel tower.
    When he came back from his trip he had bought me a little model of the eiffel tower (which i still have).
    I was a bit weary as i hadnt had much luck with relationships and obviously had a lot of baggage -- 4 kids including twins of 6mths. But he didnt seem to mind, we moved in together 12 months later and have been together for 5 years now and ive never been happier
  • cervenec
    Options
    Online! We were members of a forum based on common interest, and turns out we lived close to each other! :)
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    In a bar. I was horny, she was horny - together we were really horny. 29 years later, we still are.
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    At a strip club. I was "working" - He requested a lap dance.

The rest, as they say, is history.

How long until he realizes to never marry a stripper!

Never said we were married. Why the HELL would I want to get married?

We actually met on MySpace (I know, I know . We like to tell people the stripper story - because it's much more fun. Should have seen his mother's face when she asked where we met. Priceless. :laugh:
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Hoping to meet him on MFP! (JK I don't want to get in trouble!)
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    On the CB radio (pre-internet craze! lol) Breaker, breaker 1 - 9

He was Timberwolf, I was Roxie.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Online, on IRC

OMG I used to hang out on IRC. A long long long time ago.

I met mine on Twitter where we were kinda set up by mutual "followers". One of the reasons I am Missing Minnesota.
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    met him in 9th grade (i already had a boyfriend), became good friends in 10th grade and GREAT friends in 11th grade, then one night it just happend, we been through so much.... this November will mark our 8th year anniversary of when we said our I do's <3
  • elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    On the CB radio (pre-internet craze! lol) Breaker, breaker 1 - 9

He was Timberwolf, I was Roxie.

Oh those were the days! :) I was Golden Star.
  • AimingHighWeighingLow
    Options
    He was my pimp but turned in to my drug dealer. :D
  • crazyeaCHANGED
    Options
    we met on tele-personals..........ah, the days before thigns were all done online....lol
  • ShannonTodd
    ShannonTodd Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    eHarmony. I was a working single mom going to grad school, and didn't have the time - or interest - in doing the bar scene.
    (This is going to sound terrible, but it's true) Hubby's profile pulled up, and he had posted a pic of him on his H-D Nighttrain. A good looking guy on a piece of black and chrome art? Why not!
    To make a long story short, here we are: one kid, a move, and almost 4 years later!!
  • Kaycurrier
    Options
    Met my hubby just messin' around and told him I was 19 when i was 17. A week later he said I love you and I said, wait, I am 17!

Then he said and I quote, " I am a Marine sniper. I hunt people for a living, I hunt them and I kill them. I can hunt and kill anyone. I never miss. It is the only thing I am good at! I could even hunt you if you tried to run, what city do you live in again?"

I was scared, I figured I would have to go tell my mom and dad that a 30 year old crazy guy was going to hunt and kill me because I lied about my age and was flirting. We have been together for 6 years, married for 5, he hunted me down but I am still alive!
  • GypsysBlood
    GypsysBlood Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    At a bar on Halloween. I was playing DD/Babysitter to a drunken friend who invited him to hang with us because he was alone....he had been stood up. Next bar we went to he showed up, sat next to me and we talked for hours. He wasn't really my "type" and I don't usually call people I meet at bars, but I text him the next day to say thanks for hanging out with me while I drank water :-) Been together almost 3 years, married for 1 and 1/2 :heart:

P.S. I probably wouldn't have talked to him again but a drunken gay guy in drag claiming to be psychic approached me before we left and told me that I should :happy:
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    We met at our church when we were 13. It sounds like such a cute story. He joined the Marine Corps and I'm in college. We are both 19 and now I'm just waiting for him to ask me to marry him! ;))
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    a friend introduced me to her cousin. we were 16. our first date was to his sister's wedding. I caught the bouquet, he caught the garter. true story. dated for 7 years, married at 23. we're 40 this year, 3 sons, and as happy as can be.:flowerforyou: :heart: :blushing: