Time to lose the Quarantine 15 :)

Options
I worked hard and lost 25+ pounds before 2020. Then with my work changes last year and the pandemic etc I gained back 15+?!! So I’m here to lose it again. Eating small meals. Counting calories. Drinking water. Walking. Staying Focused. Anyone else fighting back the Q-15?

Replies

• eshults89
    eshults89 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! Somehow I let 15 lbs creep up on me :s Going to Mexico in 5 weeks eek!! I am not trying to do a crash diet or anything, but I think I am going to limit my carbs to fruit and veggies and see where I end up.
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I did well all year then crashed after Xmas and I'm sure I've gained at least 15lbs but I'm not going on the scale as I've just got in the right mindset again and the scale totally derails me. Feels crappy but I've been coping well with lots of love hinges so meh. Gots to do it. Wishing you all strength!!
  • CH2828
    CH2828 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I agree. Sometimes I don’t get on the scale when I know it’s just going to discourage me. Sometimes that’s self care lol.
  • CH2828
    Options
    eshults89 wrote: »
    I am in the same boat! Somehow I let 15 lbs creep up on me :s Going to Mexico in 5 weeks eek!! I am not trying to do a crash diet or anything, but I think I am going to limit my carbs to fruit and veggies and see where I end up.
    I did well all year then crashed after Xmas and I'm sure I've gained at least 15lbs but I'm not going on the scale as I've just got in the right mindset again and the scale totally derails me. Feels crappy but I've been coping well with lots of love hinges so meh. Gots to do it. Wishing you all strength!!
    Yeah. I started in January. I don't use the scale so no clue how much I lost but my clothes fit better. Sucks to feel like I am starting from square 1 again but gotta do it!

• CH2828
    Options
    My phone is having tech difficulties trying to respond to comments right now but I hope you all had a good day. ❤️
  • CH2828
    Options
    I’m sticking to my cal count of 1350 or less. Two days in but it’s a start. I feel better. I’m eating healthier. Funny how I eat better when I’m counting cals. :)
  • dremilymaya
    dremilymaya Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Definitely in the same boat here! Between lockdown, general life stress and moving in with my partner the lbs have just piled on.
    I'm 5'5'', currently 158lbs 😨
    I've previously quite comfortably sat around the 144 lb mark with out a lot of effort so this is a bit of a shock and I'm heavier than I have ever been.
    My initial goal is to get back down to that 144lbs but when I reach that I'd like to get below it too, maybe around the 136lbs region but we shall see.
    My main issue at the moment is so many of my clothes don't fit 😑 dreading getting the summer wardrobe out in the next few weeks as I know half the stuff is going back in the box till my weight drops. Don't really want to be shelling out for a new wardrobe when I'm planning to lose weight either!
  • pianobass333
    pianobass333 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am totally in the same boat! worked so hard to lose almost 40lbs (2 years but maintained it) and within several months gained 15 due to covid!!
    But back on track now. Has anyone tried to follow the exercise routines in MFP? noticed some don’t have videos to demonstrate the exercise so have no idea what exercise they are talking about
  • bigskygirl1
    bigskygirl1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    10 pounds of covid and I am hoping to dial back. Kid's birthday this week. Cake will bea problem. all good.