Personal Tips, hacks and tricks

Options
Interested to discover (incorporate) your personal tips and tricks that you do regularly in everyday life that help you to lose fat or gain muscle? It can be something that you know most people don't do but just a part of your everyday life that has made a difference for you.
I'll start.. I used to drink ridiculous amounts of soda during and after meals but transitioned comfortably to Sparkling Water with lime. I now love it and prefer it, believe it saves me from downing 5kg of sugar a year.

Replies

• EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I buy the pre-made frozen cocktail shrimp platters at Publix when they go on sale. I keep one defrosted in the fridge, and it’s my go-to low cal/high protein snack most days.

I also use sparkling water with lime as a cocktail sub when my friends are drinking and I don’t want to waste the calories. It feels fancy so I’m not left out of the fun.
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I floss and brush my teeth after dinner. It is a reminder that I am done eating and I am less likely to snack.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I have started focusing on getting at least 7, preferably 8 hours of sleep (actual sleep, may mean being in bed 9 hours!). It is too early to know how much it helps, but my weight vis going down and I am having no trouble staying under my calorie goal and I haven't felt hungry or deprived at all. I have plenty big energy

I do save about 65-75% of my calories for dinner by eating a light lunch and small snack during the day. It takes very few calories if protein and fat are involved to keep me satisfied, and I can enjoy dinner with my family. It is a new thing I tried, sort of halfway between IF and OMAD.
  • ericigo2015
    ericigo2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Always take the stairs.
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    - Drink a lot of water to feel full (also makes you get up and go pee multiple times) :D
    - Set achievable exercise goals
    - #trainwhatyouhate - I hate running so training to run a 10K in June. Slow and steady progress.
    - Make it a habit
    - Leverage groups or friends and motivate each other.
    - Log everything
  • sweetaddict123
    sweetaddict123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    EliseTK1 wrote: »
    I buy the pre-made frozen cocktail shrimp platters at Publix when they go on sale. I keep one defrosted in the fridge, and it’s my go-to low cal/high protein snack most days.

I also use sparkling water with lime as a cocktail sub when my friends are drinking and I don’t want to waste the calories. It feels fancy so I’m not left out of the fun.

Great idea about the cocktail shrimp! never thought about that.....
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Drink water first
    Eat veggies most
    Evening snack — avoid and reduce. For this evening snack is a boredom habit. I’m typically not hungry. Rather than grab a bowl of something, I now drink one, two or three glasses of water first. Then, if the ‘craving’ for something is still there I’ll take a handful and eat them mindfully one at a time.