Dinner Ideas?!?!?

Options
Alright, I need some help here. Does anyone have any healthy dinner ideas? I am really getting sick of lean cuisines and chicken. Anyone wanna give me a hand with some healthy picks? Thanks!

Replies

• Buhbeee
    Options
    If you like crab, I have a great recipe, in fact, I'm having it tonight! Very filling (you may only get through half a serving). Very easy to make and could be something fun to fix for a special someone too! A huge favorite for everyone I've served it to. You may be surprised what you and your kitchen can turn out! It's from Everyday Health:

Crab-Stuffed Zucchini with Green Beans Sauteed in Olive Oil and Garlic (Recipe is for 2 servings)

Nutrition Facts for Crab-stuffed zucchini: 296 calories, Total Fat: 12g, Cholesterol: 97mg, Sodium: 824mg, Total Carbs: 13g, Protein 37g

Ingredients:
    2 medium zucchini
    6 1/2 oz crabmeat, drained
    1 oz cream cheese, fat free, softened
    1/4 cup onions, chopped
    1/2 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
    1/2 tsp lemon juice
    1 tbs mayonnaise, light
    1 cup mozzarella cheese, part-skim, shredded
    1 dash of liquid smoke (optional but so tasty)

Preparation:
    Preheat oven to 350. Discard ends of zucchini and cut in half lengthwise. Microwave for 3 minutes.
    Scoop out the pulp, leaving zucchini shells. Chop the pulp and mix with the remainin indredients; use only 1/2 cup mozzarella.

Place zucchini shells in a backing dish coated with nonstick cooking spray and fill each with crabmeat mixture (it will overflow the shells).
    Top the with the rest of teh mozzarella and bake 20-30 minutes, until mozzarella is lightly browned.

Green Beans Sauteed in olive oil and garlic

2 cups fresh green beans
    2 tsp olive oil
    2 tsp garlic minced (I somtimes cut corners and pick up a jar of preminced garlic in olive oil - a lifesaver that lasts a long time)

In a covered sauce pan steam beans until tender about 5-10 minutes.
    Drain and submerge in cold water. Drain well.
    Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat add garlic and sautee for 2 mintues, stir in beans. Sautee and stire until all are heated throughout.

Hope this helps! It takes less than an hour to throw together.
  • tmwillit
    Options
    I am really diggin turkey bacon BLT sandwiches these days. They are so yummy and super low in cals!!!
  • Traci663
    Traci663 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump thanks sounds awesome!
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    MMMMMmmmm That sounds pretty good. I'll have to try it!. Thanks!
  • FurzeGorse
    Options
    Cobb salad works for me. Filling and seems fresh and healthy. Also, I buy prepared meals at the grocery store. They have the calories right on the package, so it is easy to stay under the calorie budget. You mentioned lean cuisine. Many groceries now have fresh (not frozen) entrees and side dishes, too.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Stir fry is healthy, cheap and quick. Choose a protein (chicken, pork, beef, shrimp) and use the frozen bagged stir fry veggies. You can use fresh veggies but it takes longer and is more costly. I usually supplement the frozen by adding any fresh veggies I have left over, though. Use oil while cooking the protein, add in the veggies then add soy sauce, granulated garlic, ginger and whatever other seasonings you like. Serve with or without rice or noodles.
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    These ideas are really helpful!!! Thank you. I especially like the stir fry idea. I didn't know that it was that healthy.
  • knjantz
    knjantz Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have a TON a lot involve chicken though.

one thing we started to do was cook what we like and what we want but use healthy alternatives for instance when we make spaghetti now (once a month) we use low-fat Italian turkey burger and whole grain fiber plus noodles little things like that help.

Some of my favorite recipes are from http://www.eatingwell.com/ but if you would like to add me on here i will send you some others i have a LOT so let me know what you like and don't like
  • bdurls
    bdurls Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    That zucchini recipe sounds good!