2»

Replies

• schuebe
    Options
    Starting weight 154!! Bring it on!!
  • Akim3
    Akim3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My starting weight is 124.0. Can't wait to do the challenges.
  • franscott
    Options
    Day 1 challenge done!! It wasn't too bad...i just had to trick myself into counting by 10s. LOL...instead of saying 50 more to go...just thought to myself its only 10 globe jumps...the rest for a sec and rep..5 times. You can do it ladies!!!
  • amymoore728
    Options
    Congrats on starting day one of September Tribal Challenge! We already have a mini-challenge for EXTRA points. There is pain involved, let me tell you. Here is the quote from Gary:

O.K. Let's start this week off right! Since we are short this week I'm offering a mini-challenge. Remember Gym Class? Do you remember doing the bear walk? As a side mini-challenge you don't have to ever do the mini-challenges. But if you'd like to earn your team an extra point bearwalk for 3 minutes. Seems easy but it has to be a constant bear walk constantly moving for 3 minutes. You might be surprised! If you do the bear walk at the end of the week ask them to add one point to your team score! if you choose not too or cannot perform the mini-challenge its all good! This is just something to get our challenge up and running! So there it is FIRST MINI-CHALLENGE a Constant 3 minute Bearwalk.

Also, if you are doing BUSHMAN challenges, you need to start each workout with a Tabata challenge. That's a 4 minute circuit, 20 seconds as hard as you can, 10 second rest. This girl on YouTube has lots of examples of different Tabata workouts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkCnNrxHwFE&feature=youtube_gdata_player http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DfuU3TSsFM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • amymoore728
    Options
    Two ways to get to this forum without clicking the link in the email:

From the opening page, hit the blue COMMUNITY tab and then hit my topics

From the opening page, hit the blue MY HOME tab, then Profile, then on the left hand side at the bottom My Topics
  • bnbrignac
    Options
    starting weight is 159.8
  • monikamoore
    Options
    Starting weight 159.2. Really am happy to start this challenge!
  • amt623
    amt623 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The first day pygmy challenge wasn't really that bad at all...am thinking of stepping it up to the bushman! :) Maybe next week though. :) Congrats on starting the first day everyone!!
  • amymoore728
    Options
    RE: Ann's comment: you can choose to do Pygmy or Bushman every day, it's not a month long commitment. I think this is neat because if you look at the advanced one and it looks doable, you can do it without having to do that one every day. We are all stronger than we think! Try it and see.
  • amymoore728
    Options
    Mission Slimpossible: sorry for the confusion with when things start, workouts of the day, etc. We were supposed to start yesterday with Day 1. If you didn't do it, no problem, you can still make it up. Choose the Pygmy or Bushman series for each day, and once you're done that's one point. Keep under your calories and drink your water each day, and that's one point. Do any extra mini-challenge (eg. Bear Crawls this week), and that's one point. Here's the challenges for yesterday and today:

Thursday:
    Pygmy: Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )

Bushman: Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!

Friday:
    Pygmy: Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights

Bushman: Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
  • amymoore728
    Options
    Anybody regretting their decision to join this challenge with a crazy team captain that has your email addresses and phone numbers? lol...
  • sylvi1422
    Options
    done w squat kicks & J jacks from day 1...done with 2 sets of swimmer's press...1 mile jog is for this evening...is this where I post this?
  • amymoore728
    Options
    Sylvi, this is where you post this. I will need everyone's info by Sunday night. This is what I need:

Daily challenges: we had three. Did you do them each day?
    Weekly challenge: did you stay under calories and drink enough water each day?
    Mini challenge: bear crawls: did you do it?
  • amymoore728
    Options
    Amy Moore: weight in, calories under, water over, did daily challenges, did weekly challenge
    April Kim
    Blair Brignac
    Connie Garibaldi: weight in, calories under, water over, did daily challenges, did not do weekly challenge
    Emily Jankowski: weight in, calories under except one day, water over, did daily challenges, did not do weekly challenge
    Fran Scott: weight in, calories under, water over, did daily challenges, did not do weekly challenge
    Johanna Schuepbach
    Monika Moore: weight in, calories under except one day, water over, did daily challenges, did not do weekly challenge
    Sydney Bermack: weight in, calories under, water over, did daily challenges, did weekly challenge
    Sylvi Gutierrez: weight in, calories under, water over, did daily challenges, did not do weekly challenge
  • franscott
    Options
    week 2 over! :0)
    daily challenges done all six days...calories under...water done.. jogged/walked 3.1 miles twice..ending weight for the week...196.8..still going down!!
  • neuroticlin89
    neuroticlin89 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just came across this group from the Ramadan thread. This group seems to have a lot of motivation and I would love to join. Is it possible to join now? Or is it too late?
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just found the Ramadan thread and decised to tag alone if it is not too late.