Making this work!

Options
Dia_R
Dia_R Posts: 29 Member
Hello lovely people! I'm approaching my first 25# loss milestone, but really haven't used the community forums until now. I'm 53, living in rural Iowa, and I've battled with my weight my entire life. I've had success with prior weight loss efforts, but haven't maintained the progress I've made before. This time will be different! I'm losing 1-2 pounds per week (since Jan 1) by eating well and increasing my activity level. This will be a sustainable lifestyle change for me!

Replies

• TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    @Rothfusz2015
    Congratulations on your success so far. Keep up the great work! You've got this
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and welcome! I am in my 60's and I wish that it hadn't taken me all these years to learn that "diets" don't work. You are right, the changes need to be sustainable. I am losing weight slowly, sometimes verrry slowly but that is ok. I am getting much more physically fit, I eat more healthy now. I do eat what I want but in moderation. If I go over my calorie goal I log it and move on. I know that for me denial of certain foods will just set me off on a binge. I rarely want junk food any more and I rarely overindulge. I have learned not to panic if my weight goes up a little, I just regroup and move on. I used to get frustrated and quit. It sounds like you are making good choices and will hit and maintain your goals.
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @Rothfusz2015 🎊🎊🎊Way to Go!📢😃👍🏽🎉🎉 You know what to do and you are doing it! Keep achieving all your goals!👏🏽🔥🔥🔥