Need to lose 80lbs, looking for support

Options
I’m 23 and just finishing college. I’ve been slowly gaining weight over the last 4 years and I’m finally realizing just how much I’ve put on. I’m currently 240 lbs and 5’7. Hoping to lose around 80 lbs and hoping to find people to motivate me along the way. Feel free to add me 😁

Replies

• Lhenderson923
    Lhenderson923 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I’ll send you a friend request! I was in the exact same position as you as I graduated college. I had gained a ton of weight and was 227 at 5’6 by the end. I lost 70lbs and maintained about 60lbs lost for the last three years. I’m back here on MFP after having my first baby. I’m back to my prepregnancy weight but now I’m trying to lose an additional 15lbs. You’ve got this!
  • drollings2019
    drollings2019 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I will add you too! I am trying to be more involved in the "community" and post a lot on my news feed to hold me accountable. I lost a lot of weight once, and then gained it all back after I quit tracking and holding myself accountable. I am wanting to lose about 55-60 pounds. You can do this!!
  • mlindaclaire
    mlindaclaire Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose as well after giving birth to my 2nd child. Getting started is usually the hardest for me.
  • amzypritchard
    amzypritchard Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm the same weight and age as you just a little bit shorter! I'll send you a friend request!
  • Dar_814
    Dar_814 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m new on here and I’m looking to lose 20#. A few years ago I was in a fun challenge that ran for several weeks, but I don’t see one starting any time soon
  • losingmyself4him
    losingmyself4him Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In the same boat and also looking for motivated friends! Add me =)
  • denitsaden
    denitsaden Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello I’m shortie too, and I’m looking to lose around 50lbs. I will add you too. :)
  • jamie_playftl
    jamie_playftl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I had been doing pretty well a few years ago, just before having my first daughter. I then slowly started to go up in weight and in bad habits haha... only to go way (wayyy) off track when I was pregnant with my second about a year ago. I then hit the heaviest that I have ever weighed (293 at 5"2) and promised myself I'd never see that number again. Will send you an add!
  • dianagonzalez10111
    dianagonzalez10111 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will add you too.. How do you send friend request on the app??
  • karenfranklindavis
    karenfranklindavis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 60-80 lbs . I am tired of being overweight.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,740 Member
    Options
    Since I suggested it in another thread, a good discussion forum for people wanting to shed 60+lbs might be: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Larger Losers is a great group....members are dedicated and motivated to lose weight and keep it off....larger losers deal with a lot of different issues than people who only need to lose a small amount of weight....our leaders all try to help you in any way we can to keep on track!....lots of great information , recipes and discussion topics..feel free to join us anytime!...
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,740 Member
    Options
    Correction: the group being for people with 75+ lbs to lose. Even though I am sure no-one would get kicked out, obviously the focus is more on people who are looking at... a larger change than the 60lbs I mentioned! :blush: