• skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Congratulations on the weight loss. :smile:
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    That's the way to be! Congratulations!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    You look a lot younger, too! My sister said I wouldn't lose weight, because I'd look too old. She was surprised (disappointed?) to discover that losing weight didn't make me look older. Hopefully, it will inspire her to keep losing and get fit. And you're right about it never being too late! (I posted a blog on that recently.) I'll be 60 in a couple of months, and I'm trying to reach my goal by then. You look wonderful and happy! I'm sure your husband and family members are proud of you.
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    You look great and this post is so inspirational!
  • You look fantastic and it's great to know that you can lose weight even as you get older.That's encouraging to a lot of people.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    that's awesome! good for you!!
  • jessicaram2011
    jessicaram2011 Posts: 16 Member
    You look amazing, good job and good luck with your next goal.
  • FreeFor40
    FreeFor40 Posts: 48 Member
    Love this! Goes to show anyone at any point in life can strive for a better version of themselves. Way to go.
  • FreeFor40
    FreeFor40 Posts: 48 Member
    tlp8rb wrote: »
    With dad-gum. Here I am, ten years later, facing my 80th birthday in July and I'm right back where I started. I got on the scale and it said 197. I have accomplished nothing. It didn't take long to go from 166 back to 196. Then I went down again, and back up. It's like a yoyo. I haven't been on this site in over a year and am once again going down - I've lost seven pounds since I got back at it a couple of weeks ago.

You did it before and now you will do it again! Looking forward to the 90th birthday update in 2031.
  • Kay708325
    Kay708325 Posts: 1 Member
    Snap. I'm back here again after a l-o-n-g time.
    I admire you for losing all that weight, at least you succeeded - I gave up (to my shame) I've 71 now and, I'm having another try. My knees hurt and, the only way to stop them doing that is to lose the weight.
    If you fancy a fellow OAP tagging along on your journey and happy to join you (online only of course)
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Kay708325 wrote: »
    If you fancy a fellow OAP tagging along on your journey and happy to join you (online only of course)

I'd love it. Now if only could remember how to send a friend request!!

• tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Blakey1982 wrote: »

You did it before and now you will do it again! Looking forward to the 90th birthday update in 2031.

From your lips to God's ears, my friend.

• g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 145 Member
    Thank you for sharing! You are looking super:-)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    edited April 2021
    Go, Girl!

I <3 your attitude! I, too, fully intend to be the best version of myself at every age. Thank you for providing inspiration for others! What a blessing! You can do this!
  • JudyKenova2022
    JudyKenova2022 Posts: 15 Member
    You are a wonderful example none the less!
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    You can do it! As others have said above, if you did it before you can lose it again. I'm 76 and MFP is the only program that has worked for me and it has been slow going, with lots of yo-yo-ing. But I'm determined to be patient and persist. I've only lost 8 lbs so far (about 90 to go) but I've learned by daily posting and watching my calories (and especially carbs) what I need to do (and not do/eat) if I'm to keep losing. I know it gets discouraging, but with every pound lost, you gain a little more energy and a bit more confidence. Keep on keeping on and you will get there!
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    I am 57 so a fair bit younger than you, but can tell the same story: I lost around 25lbs, maintained for a while, and then gained it back plus some. May last year I was back at 195lbs. I've lost those 25lbs again now; in fact I've lost around 28lbs, so 2 stone in British talk. My plan going forward is to try to trigger reacting before I gain 25lbs back (the idea is at around 5lbs regained). You can do this! And happy 80th when it comes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!