counting calories

Options
to lose weight & being healthy

Replies

• Tuppence26
    Tuppence26 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I gained weight when I gave up smoking for my health🙆‍♀️ Determined to lose the extra kgs tho. Good luck to us
  • Whatsthemotive
    Whatsthemotive Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You accomplished something really hard when you quit smoking. And you’ve proven you can do hard things. You know you can lose the weight because you know you can do difficult things when it’s important.
  • Tuppence26
    Options
    I made a botch of today, out all day eating takeaways.. tomorrow I will up the exercise to make up for it. Not to worry I had a great day with family.
  • Tuppence26
    Options
    Another eating excess day. It’s the days I eat non healthy food that things go awry. I really need a buddy to help keep me on track
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Hello Tuppence. I'm not a buddy person, but would like to comment nonetheless: Could it be that you're trying too hard? How big is your calorie allowance? Is there space in it for 'unhealhty' things, snacks and the likes? If not, then it might be worth setting a lower weight loss goal and getting more calories to have space for those things. The rational behind this is very easy:

you restrict a lot and deny yourself lovely things -> you binge -> you likely had a lot of calories
    you restrict less and leave space for snacks -> less risk of binging -> you might be losing a bit slower on paper, but overall it's faster because you don't massively overeat.

Also, something else to consider: there's no reason to eat 'healthy' for weightloss. All you need is a calorie deficit. Sure, healthy food is good for overall health, but if you want pizza then have it as long as it fits. Maybe not a whole one but less, and a Greek salad to go with it or something like that.
  • Tuppence26
    Options
    Thanks yirara, that all makes absolute sense. I will try with adjusted calorie intake as you say.
  • Tuppence26
    Options
    I have done the adjustments. Hoping the scales reflect my work😉