Welcome New Members!

Replies

• debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Hi Myra...I can help cheer you on, but your first decision is to log in everyday and fill in your food diary. There are great MFP articles on Macro's (short for carb,proteins, and fats) you are consuming. That is why the food diary is great to log...it could be your benchmark. Dedication to log everyday, will help with the "habit"..something small...I friend requested you :):)
  • rpvirtuoso
    rpvirtuoso Posts: 1 Member
    Hello Everyone! I'm Rahul and I've just stated using this to reduce my weight by 5kg. I already had some success in reducing my weight by 3 kg before this already, but needed more concise calorie counting and change in diet.Hope everyone is successful in fulfilling their goals. :)
  • LottieLoser
    LottieLoser Posts: 2 Member
    Hello!! I have used the My Fitness App in the past. But, I haven't been an active participant in chats and on boards. My goal is to be more active in the community pages and hopefully become more accountable and motivated. Here's to a fruitful 2021 and a goal weight by 2022!!
  • IRONKINGPIN
    IRONKINGPIN Posts: 11 Member
    Hi, everyone!
  • MrsCortese
    MrsCortese Posts: 5 Member
    Howdy folks!
  • PriZumba
    PriZumba Posts: 7 Member
    Hello!! I am Priscila, a 42 yo nurse and Zumba Instructor. I just started my journey to lose some pounds and get stronger after I found out I have terrible knees. I am focused on good nutrition to support my dancing and strenght training. Currently 131 lbs, aiming to get to 120-122 strong.
  • josienuszdorfer
    josienuszdorfer Posts: 1 Member
    Hey guys, my name is Josie.
    I’m 22 and am from central Canada. I have been on a weight loss journey for the past two months and it’s really been trying me lately. The novelty of exercise and religiously logging food has lost its novelty and some community would be dope. I need to lose big and I’m 1/5 of the way there. It would be nice to have a few people on my team that I could cheer for and support as well.

Send me a request and a message!! 💕
    All love,
    Josie
  • tjslzn
    tjslzn Posts: 1 Member
    Just starting ugh nervous and excited at sams time

So am I Cindy, I totally understand how you are feeling because I feel exactly the same. I am also really happy about starting my weight loss journey.☺️🤗
  • debilang
    PriZumba wrote: »
    Hello!! I am Priscila, a 42 yo nurse and Zumba Instructor. I just started my journey to lose some pounds and get stronger after I found out I have terrible knees. I am focused on good nutrition to support my dancing and strenght training. Currently 131 lbs, aiming to get to 120-122 strong.

Hi Priscilia, I am Deb...I *love* doing Zumba...and recently started up again. I want to become stronger because I have weak bones (Osteoporosis), but have no doubt I will be strengthening them...You will get down to your goal weight with all that exercise you and doing and good nutrition :) WTG!!
  • nonchalant1girl
    nonchalant1girl Posts: 2 Member
    Hello Everyone! I'm trying to get started again and stay focus this time, to lose weight and better my health after recent diagnoses.
  • debilang
    Hello Everyone! I'm trying to get started again and stay focus this time, to lose weight and better my health after recent diagnoses.

@nonchalant1girl ...I love your profile photo!!! Best to you...just a small encouragement...you DO...or you DON'T...no Trying!!! I used to say I will "try". If you DON'T one day...pick yourself back up and START again....(smile)...we don't quit. An example is logging into MFP everyday!! Then you fill in your food diary. The most important "tiny task" is logging in here! When it becomes automatic, you can try another simple task...for instance "staying away from junk food" (I am talking to myself!! I am very happy that I am finally thinking like this, I am 40 plus days now off processed sugar...and no longer crave that darn sugar!! You can do it!!! We will cheer you on :):):)
  • sophgetsskinny1
    sophgetsskinny1 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2021
    Hi I’m Sophia! I’m 21 and have struggled with my weight my whole life. I’ve lost weight in the past but always ended up putting it back on again. This time round I’ve been trying really bad to be healthier and have lost 9.6kgs in 5 months! I still have a long way to go to go and would love any advice or tips on how to stay motivated/tips on keeping the weight off :)
  • debilang
    Hi Sophia, you can do this...Motivation is logging in daily if you can...and being accountable to your health and fitness by fill in your Food Diary and Exercise! You spent the last 5 months determined and lost that unwanted weight. ...Congrats! You have our support...MFP is a grrreat tool!! I check in everyday..so will be here to cheer you on :) Deb
  • tiaray1979
    tiaray1979 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello, I'm Tia, F42, SW 77kg, CW 72kg, GW 68kg. I'm suffering moderate anxiety, mainly due to covid/health issues. I also have PCOS, pre diabetic and under medications for high blood pressure. If you re in your forties, whether with health anxiety or not, let's do the walk together.
  • debilang
    Hi Tia, I am not in my 40's...30 years older...but wishing the best to you your recovery to full health and fitness! Awareness is Key...Logging in Daily to track your food and exercise and MFP Pals to walk with you are indeed how you will get through this!! My name is Deb...I will cheer you on :) Best Always!
  • Nat251258
    Nat251258 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I'm Nat just trying to lose about 15 pounds lost 12 lbs already so I'm almost there, my problem was I loved snacking in the evening, so I'm controlling that with no big problem
  • debilang
    Hi Nat, since you already lost 12 lbs and only need to lose 15...and have your snacking under control..that is a success story for your 1st 12lbs...Wtg! This a journey, not a race..I wake up each day and am grateful to have another day to work on health and fitness. I am cheering you on :):)
  • meganchughes1
    meganchughes1 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! I'm not new to MFP but I'm new to taking it seriously. I have 50 pounds to lose. I've already been at it for two months, implemented changes gradually. So far I've given up alcohol, soda, fast food, and got a trainer at the gym. I have my first meeting with a nutritionist tomorrow and I'm feeling motivated right now. My momentum tends to ebb and flow so please add me so I can follow you and get motivation from you! :)
  • debilang
    Megan, hi I am Deb...You have been really focused...and for two months so CONGRATS! Happy you are sooo motivated!! Logging in daily to MFP daily is a grrreat motivator for me!! Lots to learn here...I will FR :) I will cheer you on!!
  • pryornotiz
    pryornotiz Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I've used FitnessPal before, but have been absent for quite awhile. Now I'm back and ready to go! I find that keeping track of my food intake and exercise really helps me stay accountable. (Especially the food tracker!) I'm just wondering about the database though. How do I add an item from the database to my daily exercise list? There's no "Add" button! Any suggestions/help would be appreciated - thanks!