What is Your "Petty" Reason PART II

Options
I love this thread but it appears to be falling back a few pages. Just wanted to bring it back to the forefront because it gets SO much feedback. Very motivational!

If you have obstacles or specific desires during your journey - this is where you can vent.

My petty reason for wanting to lose weight?

*I'm so incredibly tired of being the largest of four sisters in our family. They are not mean, it's just a fact that I am the tallest and the heaviest of them all. Sometimes I feel like an Amazon / behemoth next to them.
*I want to walk into a store and wear almost anything on the rack, not have to settle for what's in the plus section and hope something fits.
*I'd like to be able to turn heads again!

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    MrsDogLady wrote: »
    My petty reason,
    To loose weight without surgery. My mother for years put me on diets as a kid and teenager. She tried to loose weight for years before having the weight loss surgery. I want to do it without that to prove I can.
    My mother and I no longer speak, so it would just be a personal satisfaction.

Family has never been mean to me however I've gotten some seriously horrible comments from complete strangers. At first I'm angry, the nerve of them, and then the tears - people can be so inconsiderate. One guy pulled his truck in front of me while I was attempting to pull into traffic and when I hollered, hey I was here first, he hollered "Lose some weight you fat "b" word". Talk about callous - and from a total stranger....things like that stick, Petty Reason? So I'm never in a position to receive awful comments like that again.

@MrsDogLady and in a nutshell, that’s why I prefer dogs over people.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Because we are going to get a German Shepherd in a year or two (after I have recovered from surgery I need) and I want to be able to give the dog all the walks and continued training and activity and stimulation that it needs to be happy. A good dog is a tired dog, and I'll need to walk them a LOT to make that happen.
  • JenKindo
    JenKindo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I want to be seen as a threat instead of the cool, funny friend.
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Oh my, I have so many petty reasons for wanting to lose weight, not wanting to be the largest person in the room any more, wanting to be able to go and buy off the rack clothes in any store, not getting funny looks in Tesco as I pick up either healthy options for me or treats for my daughter, wanting to show everyone who called me fat over the years that I really can look good, wanting to look normal so I don’t get noticed for all those funny looks, being able to fit in standard size chairs with arms. The list is endless!
  • JenKindo
    JenKindo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My petty reason right now? So that next spring dude who just dumped me can have a good case of "look what you're missing out on" when I see him again at the track. There might be pretty, younger, easier-to-get women out there, but I (very pett-ily) want him to have at least a twinge of "dang it..."

Lots of good, sound, and even reasonable reasons, but that one right there is the pettiest one I've got, and won't lie, it was the kick in the pants I needed to get the ball rolling again.

I'm right there with you!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Because my wife's niece bought me a double XL shirt for Christmas last year... just pissed me off that I was seen as that big... never gonna happen again!