Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

30 day shred & clean eating

BettybluebugBettybluebug Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
Has anyone done the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred while following a clean eating diet? I am 157 pounds and want to drop some weight and tone before the beach next month? Suggestions????

Replies

• DancingMoosieDancingMoosie Member Posts: 7,610 Member Member Posts: 7,610 Member
    Do your exercise and stay in a deficit. You aren't giving yourself enough time to see drastic changes, but you can still make improvements.
  • lmf1012lmf1012 Member Posts: 405 Member Member Posts: 405 Member
    Has anyone done the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred while following a clean eating diet? I am 157 pounds and want to drop some weight and tone before the beach next month? Suggestions????

I have not done the 30 day shred but I did start this process a month ago today going to the gym 3x a week for strength training while eating a clean diet with a calorie deficit. The thing is, I have lost 11 pounds (most of it water weight the first two weeks) but the changes are pretty subtle the first 10 or so lbs, at least on me! I started at 166 so a bit more than you but not much.
  • lamos1lamos1 Member Posts: 168 Member Member Posts: 168 Member
    I did it years ago and it really works. I lost a lot of weight with the 30 day shred video and clean eating. Not to mention, It toned me up very well.
    edited April 30
  • penguinmama87penguinmama87 Member, Premium Posts: 915 Member Member, Premium Posts: 915 Member
    I've done the workout before! I went too hard with it at first and got very sore, but was handling it better by the end. By itself, it probably wouldn't lead to much weight loss. I didn't enjoy it enough to continue. But combined with a change in eating habits, it could help. People mean different things when they say "clean eating," but if you have a caloric deficit you'll lose weight.
  • BettybluebugBettybluebug Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you all for your comments!
  • desertfoxcoffeedesertfoxcoffee Member Posts: 36 Member Member Posts: 36 Member
    That's a short amount of time, but ditto to the above commenters. I started with 30 Day Shred and moved on to her other videos. That and healthy eating ( couldn't call it clean, just balanced and in deficit) helped me dropped 50lbs in about 5-6 months.