need a new scale?

my scale is starting to measure in kg and stones without me changing the settings from pounds. anyone know of an accurate scale brand for home?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    There's probably a switch on the back to change it back to pounds...they have "settings."

Any scale is about the same unless you want to spend a whole lot of money. I have a Taylor digital I've had for 12 years, $30. Basic, just weight. I wouldn't waste money on one of the ones that measure anything other than weight, they're not accurate.

Unless you have extra money. :)
  • myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    There's probably a switch on the back to change it back to pounds...they have "settings."

Any scale is about the same unless you want to spend a whole lot of money. I have a Taylor digital I've had for 12 years, $30. Basic, just weight. I wouldn't waste money on one of the ones that measure anything other than weight, they're not accurate.

Unless you have extra money. :)

Thank you! That i do not have. good point. I have a taylor. i just haven't been pressing the switch and it changes every time you step on it to something different. i will look at the bottom for settings tonight.
  • AlannaWulf194
    AlannaWulf194 Posts: 24 Member
    I got a $20 one from wal-mart this weekend! Works great for just weight. :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    Are you on carpet? Does your scale flex or bend or sag when loaded?

All the above should be answered with a two letter word! 😹
  • myaminals
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Are you on carpet? Does your scale flex or bend or sag when loaded?

All the above should be answered with a two letter word! 😹

no on rubber floor over plywood and it doesnt seem too
  • myaminals
    I got a $20 one from wal-mart this weekend! Works great for just weight. :)

do you know what brand in case trying to change my settings does not work?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    edited May 2021
    Does your rubber floor have "give" to it? then your force load sensors will give inconsistent readings. AND, if the bottom of the scale touches it might toggle your switch.

Else, if it randomly switches and it's not just wet or something... it's broken!
  • myaminals
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Does your rubber floor have "give" to it? then your force load sensors will give inconsistent readings. AND, if the bottom of the scale touches it might toggle your switch.

Else, if it randomly switches and it's not just wet or something... it's broken!

Thank you!