Macros 50% protein 30%carb 20%fat diary

Can you please show your diary that fits or close to these macros? I am already at my carbs and fat and still need a lot of protein for the day. Thanks!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    I don't know that you'll find anyone with those macros. That's going to probably require supplements.

WHY? That protein is serious over-kill.
  • idontcarroll
    idontcarroll Posts: 216 Member
    I think you may need to recalculate your macros. A quick google search will give you plenty of places to give you a better macro split.

50% protein seems to be way too much.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    What is your thinking behind setting such a high protein goal?

Have you got a goal in grams that you are trying to convert to a percentage?
    If yes how did you arrive at that?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    edited May 2021
    I just looked at your diary, you have a lot of fat and carbs left. Also, your macros are not set to 50% Protein, 30% Carbs and 20% Fat.

It looks like you are using the Default setting of 50% Carbs 30% Fat and 20% Protein

Remaining: Calories 690 Carbs 77 Fat 23 Protein 36

you have 800mg Sodium left, too.

Just have a big piece of skinless, boneless chicken and some vegetables. Those numbers are doable today. :)

Focus on lean protein and vegetables.

Here's the Protein list of foods:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also/p1
  • Rfickes21
    Rfickes21 Posts: 9 Member
    Yes sorry I messed up the original post should be 50 carbs 30 protein 20 fat. That is the default. I would like to lose weight and tone up. I just joined the gym. Would there be a better macros for me?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Rfickes21 wrote: »
    Yes sorry I messed up the original post should be 50 carbs 30 protein 20 fat. That is the default. I would like to lose weight and tone up. I just joined the gym. Would there be a better macros for me?

If you're looking to lose weight, I would suggest considering focusing mainly on the calorie goal and looking at the macro goals as rough guidelines for your day. The calories will determine whether you lose weight or not. The macro goals are mainly to make sure you are meeting your nutritional needs.

One thing I found helpful was to establish a pattern of logging for a couple of weeks and just seeing how my macros generally worked out. Then I was able to review my days and see some easy places where I could cut carbohydrates to get more protein (which was the main thing I needed to focus on, obviously different people might make different changes.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Rfickes21 wrote: »

Weight management is by and large about calories. Outside of certain medical conditions, your macro breakdown is pretty much irrelevant where losing weight is concerned. Your macro breakdown can impact your overall nutritional profile as well as satiety and can have a big impact on fitness performance and recovery and to a lesser extent body composition.

There is no universally optimal macro ratio...macros are very individual. It isn't the worst idea in the world to just focus on calories for the moment and then you can play around with your macro ratios (or not) at some later date. Personally, I'm only vaguely aware of my macros and don't do any hand wringing over them.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,514 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes, weight management is just about calories. (And, since this is a community of calorie counters, we'll tell you that over and over again.)

But, appetite management is much more complex and highly individual. Basically, you have to try a range of approaches to see what works for you:

Timing: Some people do better not eating after a certain time of day and even having full fasted days. Others spread smaller meals out throughout their day.

Macros: Some people do better at higher fat vs. carb levels at various levels of protein.

Volume: Some people like to eat higher volumes of low calorie foods.

And, of course we've all read many variants of the above.

Best of luck!
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    I find I am likely to be more satisfied if my macros roughly shake out to their MFP settings, but I treat them like guidelines. The calories are really where it's at for weight loss, as others have said.

I find I do best with three meals per day and one small snack. The meals are roughly divided evenly calorie-wise. I eat as many calories as I can while still losing weight at the rate that's set (for me that's 1lb/week). I have a baby who is still mostly breastfed so too big of a deficit is an especially poor idea for me.

The really nice thing is you really don't have to have it all figured out on day 1. I have made adjustments as I go based on what works and what doesn't. You can take breaks (I don't do "free for alls," but I did take a break the week of Easter where I ate much closer to maintenance. It was a really nice break mentally. I also have my calories set higher on Sundays so I can have a nice treat, and shave a few off the rest of the days of the week to make the math work.)

I really like it here because nobody has patience for gimmicks or nonsense! Everybody loses weight by creating a caloric deficit, but there's a lot of ways to do it and IME nobody's going to be mad you're not doing it their way. :)
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Take a look at my diary