**VICTORIOUS SECRET*WK 3**SEPT~TRIBAL~(CLOSED GROUP)

Options
Hi Tribe Victorious Secret!!! Here is our new forum for Week 3!!!

WEEK 3 PYGMY CHALLENGE SERIES SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/

WEEK 3 –PYGMY SERIES (Basic)

Week Three Daily Exercise Challenge
Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

Welcome to Week 3 you are the PYGYMY TRIBE it’s time to see what you are really made of! You wanna be a BUSHMEN one day right? Make modifications as necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 6 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 You've now walked 2 5K's this week! See I knew you could do it!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week 3 Weekly Team Challenge

Same water and calories challenge plus 500 crunches/sit ups for the entire week! No groaning you can do this!
Make sure you perform abdominal stretches after the crunches. They are key to a quick painless recovery. You can do the crunches anyway you want 100 a day, 50 in the a.m. 50 at night or all 500 in one day. Its up to you!

*Modification for Burpees - get down on the floor on your hands and knees (four on the floor) and then quickly go to standing position and raise your hands above your head and then immediately return to the 4 on the floor position and repeat.

Week 3 BUSHMEN SERIES CHALLENGES SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/

WEEK 3 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week THREE Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

Welcome to Week 3 you are at the 1/2 way mark! RAISE YOUR SPEARS! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

THIS IS ANOTHER SPARTAN 300 Cardio Workout Series.
Attempt to do all of these series at one time. If possible do not break these up along the day.

Day 1 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 3 we’re are stepping it up to another level! BE PSYCHED!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Three Weekly Team Challenge
Same water and calories challenge plus walk, run, jog 5 miles this week all at once. No break , No stopping!

Replies

• Nica_LosN_It
    Nica_LosN_It Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    Welcome to week 3 Team Victorious! :bigsmile:
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    ***Don't forget WEIGH IN is tomorrow!!!!*** Be sure and post it under Week 3 in the spreadsheet or give it to me!!!! TY!!!!!
  • janetj518
    Options
    Good Evening Team,

Please give me strength. I have a rough couple of days due to traveling and no sleep but tried to do what I could, only to be blind sided with asthma attacks today. :grumble: Can not quit wheezing and have had to "hit" my nebulizer several times today. Hoping I can make it thru the night without having to go to the ER. Ugh... Soooo, on that note I have taken today as a rest day, to relax and focus on the lungs. Today is a loss of 1. :cry: I am really hoping that I can be back on track by tomorrow. Hope everyone is good.

Good night,
    Janet
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Good Evening Team,

Please give me strength. I have a rough couple of days due to traveling and no sleep but tried to do what I could, only to be blind sided with asthma attacks today. :grumble: Can not quit wheezing and have had to "hit" my nebulizer several times today. Hoping I can make it thru the night without having to go to the ER. Ugh... Soooo, on that note I have taken today as a rest day, to relax and focus on the lungs. Today is a loss of 1. :cry: I am really hoping that I can be back on track by tomorrow. Hope everyone is good.

Good night,
    Janet

Janet, I am soooo very sorry that you are dealing with asthma attacks. I will send up a prayer for you this evening. Please take the rest you need!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. I have been keeping up with all my challenges though and I'm about to go and do todays before dinner. I hope you all had a great weekend and are ready for another week of hard core challenges. I started bootcamp today and I could hardly walk after. I was so tired that I even had to take a short nap in the afternoon! I'm sure the fitter I get the less tired I'll feel after (well heres hoping anyway!!). It did feel great to finish though!!!

Janet I really hope you are feeling better and that your rest day was exactly what you needed.

Ok gotta get fridge out of the freezer so it can defrost while I'm getting my challenges on! Take care everyone and hope you have a fantastic day:bigsmile: !!!
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Just finished my yummy dinner of pesto tilapia - YUMMY!!!! Did my extra 2miles, drank my water, did my exercises and under my cals!! What a day!! Unfortunately no study done so will have to go extra hard 2morrow. Have an awesome day everyone and remember YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Just finished my yummy dinner of pesto tilapia - YUMMY!!!! Did my extra 2miles, drank my water, did my exercises and under my cals!! What a day!! Unfortunately no study done so will have to go extra hard 2morrow. Have an awesome day everyone and remember YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

Fabulous job KJ!!!!:drinker: :flowerforyou:

I'm just popping in to remind everyone about entering their weight for Week 3 again!!! Review all of your points on the sheets and update them PLEASE!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiJ-z3hO1RegdFR2UDNUY1NHM3NHbUhkeTF3RDRCcnc&hl=en_US#gid=0
  • Brandirina
    Brandirina Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Saturday was my day off, although I still went for a long walk. Both Saturday and Sunday - under on calories and way over on water. Yesterday, finished my pygmy exercises for Day 6, went on the elliptical for 2.5 miles and went for another long walk for about 2 miles.

I was afraid that I'd gain this past week because of eating out every day - due to the inlaws being in town. I lost an unspectacular .2 lbs though - so better to lose than gain! Week 3 is going to be difficult, but hopefully it'll push me to my limit and I'll gain some better progress.

Hope your weekends were lovely!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Saturday was my day off, although I still went for a long walk. Both Saturday and Sunday - under on calories and way over on water. Yesterday, finished my pygmy exercises for Day 6, went on the elliptical for 2.5 miles and went for another long walk for about 2 miles.

I was afraid that I'd gain this past week because of eating out every day - due to the inlaws being in town. I lost an unspectacular .2 lbs though - so better to lose than gain! Week 3 is going to be difficult, but hopefully it'll push me to my limit and I'll gain some better progress.

Hope your weekends were lovely!

Thx for this update, Brandi! I hope you have a great Week 3 and congrats on your loss!!! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • med79
    Options
    Happy Monday Team! (usually I'm not a fan of Mondays but today it means I get to start over with a fresh start :smile: )
    My nine year old has been sick since last Thursday and I was feeling pretty crappy this weekend so I missed my exercise challenge for day 5 (I got day 6 in last night).
    Even though I didn't feel 100% I still lost 2.5 pounds, not quite the 3 that I was shooting for (I really wanted to get out of the 260's) but I'll take it none the less. I made sure I was over on my water and under on my calories every day and that's what I'm shooting for again this week :bigsmile:
    Small NSV for the week...my fantasy team is getting their butt kicked (by my husband of all people :sad: ) and I'm not medicating with food :drinker: maybe tonight's games will be better :happy:
    I hope you all have a fabulous week! I love you all :smooched:
    :heart: Marie
  • Nica_LosN_It
    Options
    Hello Tribe,

My daughter is doing good. Her counts (ANCs) today are 2,332 (that's up from 570 on yesterday). The doctors are very proud of her success. She will be able to leave this room (to walk around the nurses station) on tomorrow (yay). She is so excited about that. They are also trying to get her back on meds by mouth (possibly tomorrow). All of the prayers are working. Please continue to pray for her and our family. Thanks for all of your support. I can't thank you all enough:smooched:

@ Janet - I hope that you feel better and I am sending prayers up fore you:flowerforyou:

I have completed PYGMY Day 1 (week 3). I will be over on water (I have 2 cups left and I am downing one of those now:wink:). I will come back on my calories (so far so good).

Have a great day Tribe!
  • Brandirina
    Brandirina Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    4 miles today on the elliptical
    10 burpees (modified) - check!
    10 globe jumps - check!
    25 step kicks - check!
    25 toe touches - check!

I have two cups of water left for today, so I know I'll go way over. And I'm looking good on calories.

Now to start my crunches for the week...
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Marie, I am sorry your daughter has been ill. I pray she is on the mend. Too funny about losing to your husband in Fantasy Football. I am counting on one player, BenJarvus Green-Ellis to get me 10 pts tonight. If not I will lose my first game. Congrats on the 2.5 lb loss this week!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Nica, AMEN I love reading a post like that about your baby girl!!!!! I want to see the day when she is back to cheering!!!!! Tell her Hi from all of us PLEASE!!!! :flowerforyou: :heart:

Brandi you are doing STELLAR!!!!! :drinker: :bigsmile:

I did all the challenges today, way over on water and under on calories and even fit a 30 min run into my 90 min workout routine today!!!! I will be traveling most of the day Friday so I will have to take my off day then.

STAY STRONG and thank you everyone for posting in here and keeping in touch with your TRIBE!!!!!
  • aninamika
    Options
    Hey Lori and TEAM!
    I am sooooooooorrrrrrrrrry EVERYONE! I had a MASSIVELY BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD EATING DAY yesterday! I only had a short chance to log in yesterday then the internet connection @ the pension was lost. We came back to Seoul yesterday and I was planning on doing the challenges when we got back but I didn't.
    I haven't had a day like yesterday in what seems like FOREVER - SERIOUS! I still haven't logged my food in yesterday because I'm embarrassed with the amount of kaka that I ate. there were no set meals yesterday it was just a bunch of eating kaka right up until we got home. I don't want to log it in because I know there are people who are seriously struggling with staying on track and then you have me come along and sabotage it with yesterday's "MENU".
    I've now had 10 hours sleep, again I can't remember the last time I had that much sleep in one sitting. Today, I got up and I've done the exercises from yesterday and will also do today's after my gym workout this morning.
    I will dedicate 100 crunches (incl. reverse, bicycle, elbow-2-knees) per day to the team challenge. Kicking off with 200 today to make up for yesterday's miss.
    Gotta get on with it will be back tonight with food and exercises for the day. Until then have a FABULOUS day! xxx
  • med79
    Options
    Congratulations! We made it another day closer toward our goal!
    I cut back to the pygmy series for the week and I'll do as much of the bushmen as I can. So, pygmy's complete, under calories and over water. Great job team!
    BTW- Thank you so much for your prayers :flowerforyou: Isaac (9) is feeling much better today, he's complaining a little about his ears hurting but he's acting like he feels good and Izzie (2) is still acting healthy, so far so good in the Douglass household :smile:
    Good night team victorious! See you tomorrow!!
    :heart: Marie
  • Trans4mations
    Trans4mations Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey all.. sorry I've been MIA..life has been... well, life! lol I've been doing the challenges, staying under, and over water... did 4 extra miles today. I'm so tired, I can't even read the posts to catch up.. eyes burning. But, I pray each of you are well. Love and hugs.
  • aninamika
    Options
    Hey everyone
    Today's workouts included yesterday's challenges as well:

2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers - 10kgs

Bootcamp workout (outdoors) - AMRAP 15mins

10 incline push ups
    10 box jumps (or if knees are a problem then do 20 step ups)
    10 decline push ups
    sprint 30 metres uphill and walk down the steps
    Completed 4 rounds plus 30 extras

Got home and completed the second lot of exercise challenges:

10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks
    200 crunches towards team challenge
    Have walked 1 mile already today will have completed the second mile by the end of today.

That is awesome Marie about your kids! Nica fabulous news about your daughter!! Keep going strong girl!

To everyone else - keep up the fantastic job and thank you all for your continued support & encouragement!!!

LOVE TO YOU ALL XX
  • aninamika
    Options
    Hey everyone
    Today's workouts included yesterday's challenges as well:

2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers - 10kgs

Bootcamp workout (outdoors) - AMRAP 15mins

10 incline push ups
    10 box jumps (or if knees are a problem then do 20 step ups)
    10 decline push ups
    sprint 30 metres uphill and walk down the steps
    Completed 4 rounds plus 30 extras

Got home and completed the second lot of exercise challenges:

10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks
    200 crunches towards team challengeb
    Have walked 1 mile already today will have completed the second mile by the end of today.

That is awesome Marie about your kids! Nica fabulous news about your daughter!! Keep going strong girl!

To everyone else - keep up the fantastic job and thank you all for your continued support & encouragement!!!

LOVE TO YOU ALL XX

Hey everyone - just remembered I did 3 sets of each exercise rather than 2 ... have had an off day! Aaaaaaaaand I changed my MFP goals today and have just completed my food diary...I'VE GONE OVER MY CALORIES :(
    Will be a lot more diligent tomorrow and the coming future.
    SORRRY for letting you all down :( PROMISE I'll KICK MY OWN BUTT everyday this week.
    xx
  • Nica_LosN_It
    Options
    Hello Tribe,

I did stay under on my calories on yesterday. Today is a new day and a fresh start.

@ Marie - How is your daughter doing? I pray that all is well with her.

My daughter is doing better and better each day. Today her counts are 5,805 (more than it was before she came into the hospital). She is cancer free and ready to face the "teenage" world, again. Well not that fast, but her future is so bright. Thank God.