OMG! Fall from Grace. Chocolate Pie!!!!!!!!!!

goldyray1
goldyray1 Posts: 64 Member
edited May 2021 in Food and Nutrition
I really and truly don't feel a lot of remorse. Is that bad? Husband wanted chocolate pie. I make a fantastic chocolate pie. So I made a chocolate pie. I not only ate one piece after dinner, i just now ate a piece and I am fixing to go to bed soon. It was so good. My grandmother gave me her secret which I will share with everyone. She got her recipe from the Betty Crocker cookbook. The old one, the one with the red cover. She followed the Chocolate Cream pie recipe. BUT.....her secret ingredient was a half of cup of brown sugar. Best chocolate pie you will ever eat!!!! I should be ashamed. Perhaps I needed this wild day, cheat day or whatever you want to call it. As I sit here, with my belly full of chocolate pie, I remember what Scarlett O'Hara used to say....."Tomorrow is another day."

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    The lady in our town who made the best chocolate pie used the same recipe, and also added to it. I can’t remember for sure, but i think it was marshmallows.
    I guess it just needed a little extra sweet. Lol.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    All I have to add is...😋😋
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    I have several favorite dessert recipes saved in the recipe builder just like any other category. I'm not really nuts about dessert but when I do have them, I know how many calories they are!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    I was really hoping for a picture of said pie with this post... ;)>:)
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    No photo, didn't happen. Delete the 900 calories.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited May 2021
    Guilt gets in the way of objectivity. It also tends to create an "all or nothing" mindset.

There is the ideal and the real. The ideal will never be maintained over long periods of time and the real can almost always be improved upon. The means the sustainable secret is establishing a healthy amount of tension. I need to feel the push for improvement but I do not need to let it overwhelm me because I will continue to be real and that means imperfect. My new level of realness is far better than I started but I remain a work in progress.

The good news is that ideal is not required to progress towards a goal. You don't need perfection you need to just be good enough, most of the time.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I don't think I've every been ashamed for something I eat. It's just food. I have something for desert pretty much every night. It doesn't magically unravel all of my other nutrition for the day and I find it quite enjoyable.
  • goldyray1
    goldyray1 Posts: 64 Member
    Rays_Wife wrote: »
    I was really hoping for a picture of said pie with this post... ;)>:)

That would have been a great idea. I wish I had seen your post before tonight. Our electricity has been off for two days. I use a PC. Bad storms here these past two days. They were really cute!!! I made little tarts and put the meringue on each little tart. Popped them in the oven and they browned beautifully. First time I ever made chocolate pie tarts!!!!!! Had to throw the rest away. Husband is diabetic and I am on this diet!!! We ate a couple apiece and decided we needed to ditch the rest. Since it was storming, we couldn't find anyone we could give them to.